• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

To any Griz with bravery/foolishness to check this board!

grizfanatic

OK, Egrizers, I'm going out on what may be an unpopular limb here, so "bear" with me. I'm worried for these guys (and the coaches), if they happen to check any of the Griz message boards.

What I would say to them is this: Griz, but no matter how tough you are on and off the field, it hurts like heck to get kicked in the gut the way you did last weekend. If you're reading this board, you're seeing a lot of comments that don't make you feel much better. But really, what you're hearing here is concern from your FANS. And make no mistake, we are your FANS.

IT IS A MEASURE OF YOUR EXCELLENT POTENTIAL THAT YOUR FANS CARE HOW YOU DO. Apathy from us is a hundred times worse than angst, anger, worry, and even the sometimes downright insulting comments that have been made by some here and there. How awful would it be if we didn't care what kind of performance you made? Because we know you are talented--and don't even think about doubting that!--we expect a whole lot out of you. Sometimes that's not fair. But it's far far better than if we expected nothing from you because we didn't believe in you.

Bobbie and the boys, we DO believe in you. Coaches and players alike. Yeah, our confidence has been shaken, just like yours, but we're already coming around. We're ready for you in the next week or two to show your true colors. Don't listen to the naysayers---don't listen to that idiot Hornet or the cat fans (who had NOTHING to say to us when they lost to Wyoming but couldn't open their traps fast enough when we lost to NDSU). Nothing they say--or we at Egriz say, really--matters. All that matters is what you--and we--know you can do.

Now go do it!

I agree. Yes... forget about the total embarrasment of losing to a Division II school. Forget about the fact that you just lost a game to a team that went 2-8 last year. Forget the fact that you disapointed your fans. Forget about the fact that this loss made you the laughing stock of any 1-AA fan. Forget about the fact that the other team was lauging thier butts off at you the entire way back to South Dakota. Forget about the fact that you lost your home opener.

Just live on fantasy island. Lets all think happy thoughts.

Group hug anyone?????

SDSU (Division II with a 2-8 record last year) ------------------------25
Grizz (laughing stock of 1-AA)----------------------------------------------24

You are right. How could i forget. EVERYBODY KNOWS NORTH DAKOTA STATE. They are a powerhouse football team. I heard Miami and Ohio State are afraid to play them.

LOL

Herd I'll say one thing to you and not waste another breath. Your posts show ignorance, but I'll give you one thing---you have one good quality and that's that you're obsessed with the Griz. No apathy there. A classic case of Griz-envy.

LOL.. i have stated before, my presense here is to get on the nerves of one of your brethern. This MORON spends his entire day on Marshall's board talking smack and basically making an ass out of himself. I thought a little kicking him while he was down may bring him back to reality. As far as Griz envy goes. Yes, i wish my Marshall Thundering Herd could reach the heights your fine program has. Until then we will be satisfied with bowl wins and top 25 finishes.
Oh yeah.. that's top 25 in 1-A. I wish that Marshall could play Division II teams AT HOME and walk away with a nice L.
I wish that our biggest game every year was Idaho. Man i am envious.
Your pathetic little program just got outed. You are the laughing stock of 1-AA. ENJOY guys

GrizRock.. you earned this

HerdOn67 said:
LOL.. i have stated before, my presense here is to get on the nerves of one of your brethern. This MORON spends his entire day on Marshall's board talking smack and basically making an ass out of himself. I thought a little kicking him while he was down may bring him back to reality. As far as Griz envy goes. Yes, i wish my Marshall Thundering Herd could reach the heights your fine program has. Until then we will be satisfied with bowl wins and top 25 finishes.
Oh yeah.. that's top 25 in 1-A. I wish that Marshall could play Division II teams AT HOME and walk away with a nice L.
I wish that our biggest game every year was Idaho. Man i am envious.
Your pathetic little program just got outed. You are the laughing stock of 1-AA. ENJOY guys

GrizRock.. you earned this

I don't know what inspires this bullshit, but you've overstayed your welcome. GrizRoc is your business, but now you have to be an ass to the rest of us? This is like a puny sport I know of called baseball, when a pitcher has to peg a guy on the other team to feel like a big man, and then the other team's pitcher nails some irrelevant batter in retaliation. Yeah, that's real tough. If you're so pissed at GrizRoc, then I'll just let you know that you're the GrizRoc of the Marshall family, and you can take that for what it's worth. Like I said, total bullshit. If you want to be an asshole, at least you can have the guts to come over when we haven't had our worst loss in several years. Anytime, dickhead.

Herd-

How pathetic is your life? To get such joy from jumping on this board and talking such nonsense anonymously proves that you need a real life.
Your obsession with the Griz is a bit much. We are all fans but to spend soooo much time stalking the Griz--even you must agree is a bit abnormal. A passing interest is one thing but you've (swished) er/ stepped over the line. I don't mean to insinuate anything but it sounds like you have a crush on one or more of the fellas on maroon. I am not judging your lifestyle. I'm just making an observation. You are free to "admire" any man you wish but stalking is a crime in most states. This is a free world and I will fight for your freedom of expression but I really don't think this single-minded interest of yours is unhealthy. I don't want you to get your panties in a bunch over my comments...just think about it.
I'm sure there are "guys" on the Thundering Herd who would appreciate your attention. Cruise closer to home.
Good luck big fella.

Not that I'm sticking up for a fan from Marshall here, but Herd is looking for a little payback.

It seems that a Griz fan went on their ESPN message board, and apparently said quite a few things they didn't like.

Stat wise, whatever this Griz fan said might have been right, it was possibly the way he said it...over, and over again, and that's why we have a fan of Marshall on eGriz after the debacle Saturday, rubbing our collective noses in the loss.

Our history with Marshall is over. We beat them, they beat us and moved to I-A, and we both walked away with a National Championship.

What I don't understand is why a Griz fan even cares about Marshall. I don't...excluding our loss to them.

So, in summary, I guess my point is that a Griz fan goes on a Marshall board, and spews his "compelling retoric" about Grizzly football to a I-A team with regularity, with almost zero chance of either team meeting in the future...what in the name of all that is Griz is the purpose of this?

I'm not sure one bad apple can spoil the whole bunch, but it can sure make it a little tainted.

As a Montana alum from the graduating class of 1996 all I can say is that the last time Montana lost a home opener they headed to the National Championship game. And keep in mind Montana still holds the record (set last year in fact) for most games won in a row. The Griz will get back to the basics this week, patch up the holes in the O and D and get out there and play some football.

As much as I like to see them win (or hear them on the pc rather), it is a game and games are made to be both won and lost. The University of Montana has a lot of really excellent things going for it beyond just the football program.

Well, I see here that the GRIZ Nation is getting a little taste of what I was talking about. See what I mean Jimmy? I tried to be constructive in my discussion with the terd nation...many times...it does not work.

Payback Grizomatic? They started all this...but, then again, you wouldn't know that. You came in WAY after the fact with your never ending apologies. I said a few things they didn't like? I spoke my opinion and they BLEW UP! Please educate me Grizomatic. What are these posts all about? Are we required to agree with everything everyone else says? Is everyone expected to be miss congeneality? Granted, sometimes people get a little heated.. and even go over the top. Not good, but we can take it, we're adults. It's a "post" who cares...right? And this is sports and football talk...not a garden club. If tough, straight talk offends you maybe you should try the badmitten site.

GrizRoc said:
Well, I see here that the GRIZ Nation is getting a little taste of what I was talking about. See what I mean Jimmy? I tried to be constructive in my discussion with the terd nation...many times...it does not work.

Payback Grizomatic? They started all this...but, then again, you wouldn't know that. You came in WAY after the fact with your never ending apologies. I said a few things they didn't like? I spoke my opinion and they BLEW UP! Please educate me Grizomatic. What are these posts all about? Are we required to agree with everything everyone else says? Is everyone expected to be miss congeneality? Granted, sometimes people get a little heated.. and even go over the top. Not good, but we can take it, we're adults. It's a "post" who cares...right? And this is sports and football talk...not a garden club. If tough, straight talk offends you maybe you should try the badmitten site.

GrizRock.. you have been coming over to the MU board for a year now. Don't act like you haven't been obsessing every day for over a year now. You make it sound like you came to the MU board ONE time. Don't start lying now griz.

NDSU 25
Grizzz 24

LOL

GrizRoc, just give me an answer. Why would you be over at a Marshall board in the first place?

Ya, I guess it's been about a year...if you say so...so what 67?

Jim, I was reading losts of posts all over the ESPN site and read some talk on the Marshall pages about how "respected" the program was and they would be picked up by some big east coast conference. I disagreed with their thoughts and they had a heart attack. I kept posting out of the pure joy of reading how nuts they got about it...pure fun. Why do you ask? I read all over...the papers...web...tv...don't you? Or, do you get all your information from this site?

GrizRoc said:
Ya, I guess it's been about a year...if you say so...so what 67?

Jim, I was reading losts of posts all over the ESPN site and read some talk on the Marshall pages about how "respected" the program was and they would be picked up by some big east coast conference. I disagreed with their thoughts and they had a heart attack. I kept posting out of the pure joy of reading how nuts they got about it...pure fun. Why do you ask? I read all over...the papers...web...tv...don't you? Or, do you get all your information from this site?

Griz.. your first post was about how dirty the MU program was and how we "stole" a national championship from you because we had moss and kresser. Don't act like it was just a friendly little discussion. You have shown your ass over on the MU board for over a year now.

God i love a little payback.

Karma Police

"They started all this..."? You going to the Marshall board, with all your stats, history, and tradition about Montana football, however right you might have been, but you kept going on, and on, and on, and you're saying "They started all this..."? That to me, seems like an outdated sense of reality.

Who cares if you said things they didn't like? Who cares if they blew up after you stated your opinion? Who cares about Marshall, other than you? Sure, we've had a brief history with them, but that all that it is...HISTORY. Build a bridge, and get over it.

No one is asking you to be miss "congeneality", but sometimes it's more important to be nice than right. It is amazing what that philosophy will do for you. Yep, were are adults, and I've found that the more I act like one, the more I get treated like one.

To paraphrase what I said on the ESPN Board, I'll be more than happy to meet and discuss with you, at any home game at Washington/Grizzly, Martha Stewart, garden clubs, "badmitten", or why GrizzlyGirl opted for Chris over you. I won't be hard to find.

Thanks so much for your insight. I'm sure we, (me esp.) can all learn form your inspriational words. God bless you Grizomatic! :angel:

Grizomatic406 said:
"They started all this..."? You going to the Marshall board, with all your stats, history, and tradition about Montana football, however right you might have been, but you kept going on, and on, and on, and you're saying "They started all this..."? That to me, seems like an outdated sense of reality.

Who cares if you said things they didn't like? Who cares if they blew up after you stated your opinion? Who cares about Marshall, other than you? Sure, we've had a brief history with them, but that all that it is...HISTORY. Build a bridge, and get over it.

No one is asking you to be miss "congeneality", but sometimes it's more important to be nice than right. It is amazing what that philosophy will do for you. Yep, were are adults, and I've found that the more I act like one, the more I get treated like one.

To paraphrase what I said on the ESPN Board, I'll be more than happy to meet and discuss with you, at any home game at Washington/Grizzly, Martha Stewart, garden clubs, "badmitten", or why GrizzlyGirl opted for Chris over you. I won't be hard to find.

I think i found out why Grizzlygirl opted against going out with GrizRock. This is a picture of GrizRoc
http://www.okdude.com/My%20Family%20Photos_files/Marky.jpg

HerdOn,

I've asked you politely to keep anything personal between you and others in Private Messages. Show a little class, show that you're a man, show that you respect the team you are representing.

Your point is well taken. "Mess with our board, well I'll mess with theirs..."
Touche'. Well deserverd smack. Congrats, you've pissed everyone off plenty.

Now leave it alone.

Oh come on.. you gotta admit the picture was funny. At least click on it for the love of god. Lighten up man.

Latest posts

Back