• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

To all the let's put more pressure on the opponent qb people

PlayerRep

Well-known member
Did you notice that 2 of EWU's big pass plays in the first have, and 1 in the second half (and maybe more), came when UM was blitzing. Not saying the calls were wrong, or that we shouldn't try to pressure the qb, but I did want to point out that there can be consequences if a team brings pressure and doesn't get there in time.
 
Really? If you blitz and leave your corners on an island and then DON'T get to the QB, there could be consequences? Who knew?

Clearly you've played the game...
 
grizcountry420 said:
So 2 tds we gave up when blitzing and 4 we gave up in normal coverage?


How many miss tackles were in volved?

"How many miss tackles were in volved?"

Put down the pipe, and walk away from the keyboard. Also, please stop making stupid comments.
 
AZGrizFan said:
Really? If you blitz and leave your corners on an island and then DON'T get to the QB, there could be consequences? Who knew?

Clearly you've played the game...

LOL! :lol:
 
AZGrizFan said:
Really? If you blitz and leave your corners on an island and then DON'T get to the QB, there could be consequences? Who knew?

Clearly you've played the game...

Please direct your comment to the multitude of people who don't understand this. This was never a problem when I played, because our corners always covered their man, no matter what.
 
We could drop ELEVEN into coverage, but if we continue to tackle and over pursue like we did yesterday all the defensive backs in the world wouldn't stop what happened after the ball was thrown.
 
PlayerRep said:
............ when I played, because our corners always covered their man, no matter what.

And there you have it in a nutshell.


An area of improvement for sure, but a ways to go.
 
tnt said:
PlayerRep said:
............ when I played, because our corners always covered their man, no matter what.

And there you have it in a nutshell.


An area of improvement for sure, but a ways to go.

While I wouldn't expect you or anyone else to understand this, the comment about always covering their man was intended as a joke.
 
I caught the joke, but within every joke is a rather obvious truth.

Eastern pretty much had their way on their right side all day long.
 
tnt said:
I caught the joke, but within every joke is a rather obvious truth.

Eastern pretty much had their way on their right side all day long.
That's because Goodwin was not playing.
 
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
Really? If you blitz and leave your corners on an island and then DON'T get to the QB, there could be consequences? Who knew?

Clearly you've played the game...

This was never a problem when I played, because our corners always covered their man, no matter what.

that's because guys were way smaller and slower 40+ years ago...

:coffee:
 
We need to disguise and mix our packages. Check out the articles on the new book about "da Bears". Buddy Ball motto; "Let's open another can of quarterback".
 
ilovethecats said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
Really? If you blitz and leave your corners on an island and then DON'T get to the QB, there could be consequences? Who knew?

Clearly you've played the game...

This was never a problem when I played, because our corners always covered their man, no matter what.

that's because guys were way smaller and slower 40+ years ago...

:coffee:

BOOM!!
 
Back
Top