• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

To All Montana Fans

AppMan

I posted this on the AGS Board, but wanted to share it with everyone here.

Just returned from several days exploring your beautiful state. I've been traveling to App games since 1975 and Montana folks are by far the best we've ever encountered. Even while on the plane a young lady was giving us tips on what to do and where to eat. From the time we sat down for a burger and shake at Matt's in Butte until we lifted off on the way home we could not have asked for a more enjoyable time. We covered over 1100 miles and everywhere we went people were friendly and hospitable - even in Bozeman!

The game experience was just icing on the cake. People offering us food & drink at every turn and one guy even offered to buy our lunch while standing in line for a hamburger. This was my first trip out west and I now understand the meaning of Big Sky Country. The scenery was magnificent and most of the time breathtaking. Pictures simply do not do it justice. One of the best memories was seeing the entire Milky Way for the first time since I was a kid. It looked like we were standing in a bowl with a sky full of stars from horizon to horizon. Living near a city with lots of lights you tend forget the magnificence of our world.

I am sorry our series of games has come to an end. However, I hope this wasn't my last trip to watch the Griz play.

A heartfelt and sincere thanks to everyone who treated us so kindly. You should be proud of your state, citizens and school.

Feel free to come back to a Griz-Cat, or any other good rival game! Be sure to wear your App St gear and you will be welcomed the same! I had a great time talking with the App fans I encountered, as did the rest of Griz Nation I am sure. Best of luck in the Sun Belt!

Come back any time! We'd love to have you! Please let us know if you're going to be in the area again.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

AppMan said:
I posted this on the AGS Board, but wanted to share it with everyone here.

Just returned from several days exploring your beautiful state. I've been traveling to App games since 1975 and Montana folks are by far the best we've ever encountered. Even while on the plane a young lady was giving us tips on what to do and where to eat. From the time we sat down for a burger and shake at Matt's in Butte until we lifted off on the way home we could not have asked for a more enjoyable time. We covered over 1100 miles and everywhere we went people were friendly and hospitable - even in Bozeman!

The game experience was just icing on the cake. People offering us food & drink at every turn and one guy even offered to buy our lunch while standing in line for a hamburger. This was my first trip out west and I now understand the meaning of Big Sky Country. The scenery was magnificent and most of the time breathtaking. Pictures simply do not do it justice. One of the best memories was seeing the entire Milky Way for the first time since I was a kid. It looked like we were standing in a bowl with a sky full of stars from horizon to horizon. Living near a city with lots of lights you tend forget the magnificence of our world.

I am sorry our series of games has come to an end. However, I hope this wasn't my last trip to watch the Griz play.

A heartfelt and sincere thanks to everyone who treated us so kindly. You should be proud of your state, citizens and school.

...you are preaching...
...to the proverbial choir...
...thankz for coming and having fun...

... :cool: ...

Thank you for coming! Every App State fan I saw and met where great people. Wish more schools were like App State.

AppMan said:
One of the best memories was seeing the entire Milky Way for the first time since I was a kid. It looked like we were standing in a bowl with a sky full of stars from horizon to horizon. Living near a city with lots of lights you tend forget the magnificence of our world.
I am a born and raised Missoulian for 33 years and three years ago I moved to a bigger city in Alabama. I haven't seen a Montana stary night since then and miss them dearly. The way you described it and the visual it gave me literally brought a tear to my eye. Thank you for that. Very glad you were treated well and even though I'm 2000 miles away, I'm still proud to call myself a Montanan.
I also visited Boone last year and the feeling about your fan base is mutual. Being in Boone, except for the gold and black everywhere, almost made me feel like being at home. We will miss you guys in the FCS ranks and hope you do very well in the FBS. Someone's gotta put Alabama in its place. Talk about living in the center if pure arrogance.

That's how we roll in Montana, AppMan... Wear an opposing jersey, and we are going to make sure your visit is excellent... I wish App wasn't moving up to the dipshit league, but I wish App the best... Don't think the Griz can't schedule a game against a 1-A team... We might see you in Missoula again... Bring your fishing pole :thumb:

Thank for the extremely kind words, AppMan. I am pleased that you enjoyed your time and were treated well.

I've said it before, but I'll continue saying it: All we Montana fans were doing was returning the unbelievable and extremely warm welcome we received from your fans in Boone last year. I'm happy we could nearly measure up.

Here's to somehow, someway keeping this series alive.

Oh, and come visit us in Frisco. :thumb:

You know, App could change it's mind. Then we could keep this home and home going for a while. If we did the same with some of the other perennial powers of FCS, made a point of highlighting our best from September through Thanksgiving, the subdivision would be a lot more appealing.
After our game, I ran across an article about Coach Bohl at NDSU bringing in Jerry Moore to speak to the Bison about what's required to keep a championship streak going. I couldn't help but think Coach Moore was addressing the wrong team. I'm sure he thought the same.

Great to hear these sort of things from Appy fans. I knew a bunch that went to Boone last year and were treated like royalty out there. Always been a great and classy rivalry with App State and I'm kicking myself now for not going to Boone last year myself. Gonna miss the Mountaineers, but I officially am a Sunbelt fan now because of them.

Edit: I'll never forget sitting in some bar in Nooga after the loss to Nova' and Armanti Edwards was there after accepting the Payton Award the night before and being honored before the game. The bar was nothing but Griz fans and he sat and talked to a bunch of us about the game and how bad he wanted to see the Griz win. I remember listening to him say that night in Wash-Griz was the hardest four hours of his entire life. He was also telling a story about in the midst of the Griz celebrating wildly, many players and Hauck sought him out to make sure he knew how much the Griz respected him and what he'd done over his career and that Griz fans were chanting his name as he finally went up the tunnel afterwards. App State is just a class act pure and simple.

havgrizfan said:
Great to hear these sort of things from Appy fans. I knew a bunch that went to Boone last year and were treated like royalty out there. Always been a great and classy rivalry with App State and I'm kicking myself now for not going to Boone last year myself. Gonna miss the Mountaineers, but I officially am a Sunbelt fan now because of them.

Edit: I'll never forget sitting in some bar in Nooga after the loss to Nova' and Armanti Edwards was there after accepting the Payton Award the night before and being honored before the game. The bar was nothing but Griz fans and he sat and talked to a bunch of us about the game and how bad he wanted to see the Griz win. I remember listening to him say that night in Wash-Griz was the hardest four hours of his entire life. He was also telling a story about in the midst of the Griz celebrating wildly, many players and Hauck sought him out to make sure he knew how much the Griz respected him and what he'd done over his career and that Griz fans were chanting his name as he finally went up the tunnel afterwards. App State is just a class act pure and simple.

Wow, it took you this long to tell this story, or did I miss it before? :thumb:

Thanks for the kind replies. There are a lot of folks in NC who's second favorite color scheme is Maroon and Silver. With the return of your QB and those 2 RB's, I think you guys have a group capable of winning the national title. We'll be rooting for you guys!

AppMan said:
Thanks for the kind replies. There are a lot of folks in NC who's second favorite color scheme is Maroon and Silver. With the return of your QB and those 2 RB's, I think you guys have a group capable of winning the national title. We'll be rooting for you guys!

Well, I hope the Griz see App again this season... App didn't play anywhere near as capable as they are... I'm hoping for a possible playoff matchup... Visiting Boone for a game is on my short bucket list... I have to go to Virginia this year anyway, so hopefully I'll be around on a Saturday

Are tickets easy to get???

Cuervohola said:
AppMan said:

Well, I hope the Griz see App again this season... App didn't play anywhere near as capable as they are... I'm hoping for a possible playoff matchup... Visiting Boone for a game is on my short bucket list... I have to go to Virginia this year anyway, so hopefully I'll be around on a Saturday

Are tickets easy to get???
ASU is ineligible

Unfortunately they aren't eligible for the playoffs this season. Best of luck in the FBS, we sure are going to miss you guys, a classy team and classy fans.

I forgot that they are aren't eligible... That's a real stupid rule... The NCAA needs

Mutatio Animi

Back