• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ticket Prices on the Street?

grizpack

eGriz Club
DONOR
Just curious what prices people were paying for tickets for last Saturday's game against App State. I know of 2 people who got theirs for $20.00 about 5 minutes after kickoff. I also know of several that paid $100 each for them.

it was really striking how many folks were looking for tickets. There were people on the street corner at 2:00 looking. The transaction I saw was one ticket sold for $60.

I should have sold my son's ticket. $55 is too much money to spend the game at the concession stands.

I saw lots of buyers and no sellers. I was told that some guy had a stack of tickets and was selling them for $100.

PlayerRep said:
I saw lots of buyers and no sellers. I was told that some guy had a stack of tickets and was selling them for $100.

Thats the first time ive ever seen that. Nothing but people looking for tickets. Glad i bought one when i did...

:cool:

One of the guys in our group got sick and had to go home. I sold his ticket about an hour before and got $75, but the kid would have paid more if I pushed it.

I thought the tickets had to be sold for face value or below on campus. A guy in my bunch tried to buy from a guy who was asking $150 each. He found two about an hour later for $55 each

Nevertheless there were several empty seats throughout the game (presumably season ticket no-shows) on the west side. We sit on the east side, so couldn't see that side.

Seem like regular folk being elbowed out of the stadium this year to make room for these rich scalpers and there friends. They need to add a pay what you can afford section to get real fans back in the stadium.

Ray W said:
Seem like regular folk being elbowed out of the stadium this year to make room for these rich scalpers and there friends. They need to add a pay what you can afford section to get real fans back in the stadium.

Are you sure you want to be that close to the colored folk on the field? I'm sure it would be much safer just to watch them on TV.

cclarkblues said:
I should have sold my son's ticket. $55 is too much money to spend the game at the concession stands.

Quality father-son time. Well worth $55. He probably thinks he watched the whole game. :lol:

Ray W said:
And how exactly do you prove "what you can afford"? Submit the prior year's 1040 form?

Or I guess you could ask the IRS for any that you might want. They seem happy to give them out if you have the "wrong" political ideology...

Htowngriz said:
Ray W said:

Are you sure you want to be that close to the colored folk on the field? I'm sure it would be much safer just to watch them on TV.
Seriously? I'm quoting this so you can't edit it.

Can the mods ban this ignorant racist?

I gave two away right before the game, but I am pretty sure the kid would have paid pretty much whatever I would have asked. I agree, I can't think of a time where scalpees so far exceeded scalpers.

All those people with their hands up in the air....I thought they were all just waving at me...?

Wolfman_Jack said:
Htowngriz said:
Ray W said:

None of this is cute or funny. It's actually embarrassing. BAN these idiots now!

Wolfman_Jack said:
Htowngriz said:
Ray W said:

Why aren't you calling for yourself or Ray to be banned?

Htowngriz said:
Wolfman_Jack said:
Htowngriz said:
Ray W said:

Why aren't you calling for yourself or Ray to be banned?
Well I can't speak for Ray, but I haven't used the term 'colored folk' since the 70's, and I would never make such an ignorant, and racist comment on a public message board.

You should be ashamed of yourself, but if that's who you really are, you need to be banned.

jpyTI.gif

Back