• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Thursday Predictions

Grizzly Oredigger

Who Does Everybody Have Winning Today?

I have:
#2 WSU over #7 NAU (but NAU is going to make them work for it hopefully)
#6 SUU over #3 UND (Nothing scientific here...gotta have an upset)
#4 MSU over #5 UNC (A last second shot kind of game)

Setting Up:
#2 WSU versus #4 MSU (I would LOVE it it WSU had to face MSU, as they would probably crush UND)
#1 UM versus #6 SUU (No gimme for the Griz)

Grizzly Oredigger said:

I have:

Setting Up:
#2 WSU versus #4 MSU (I would LOVE it it WSU had to face MSU, as they would probably crush UND)

good picks...

Grizzly Oredigger said:

I have:

Setting Up:

I like all of these but for some reason, hope I am wrong, I am thinking NAU edges WSU.

Ashamed said:
Grizzly Oredigger said:

I have:

Setting Up:

I like all of these but for some reason, hope I am wrong, I am thinking NAU edges WSU.

WSU
UND
UNC

GRIZ over UNC
Weber over UND

No comment on the championship. I always jinx the wrong team. I do want Weber State to lose before hand though.

SWeberCat02 said:
Don't understand why you wouldn't want a UM-WSU championship. That would be a hell of a game on national tv.

It would be. Weber is the team we don't matchup well against though.

I'm betting all the favorites win but I'd suppose the SUU game might be the closer one.

I'm interested to watch the WSU/NAU game (going to it) since didn't those two just play a few weeks ago in Flagstaff and it was real close?

BWahlberg said:
I'm betting all the favorites win but I'd suppose the SUU game might be the closer one.

I'm interested to watch the WSU/NAU game (going to it) since didn't those two just play a few weeks ago in Flagstaff and it was real close?

Yes if you ask anyone but Weber State fans.

If I can finish up this paperwork I will also be at that game. :thumb:

Ashamed said:
BWahlberg said:

Yes if you ask anyone but Weber State fans.

If I can finish up this paperwork I will also be at that game. :thumb:

If you ask any Weber fans they will tell you Weber was lucky to get out Flagstaff with a win, lucky NAU missed Freethrows and lucky that a ref had the balls to make the right call late in the game.

SWeberCat02 said:
Don't understand why you wouldn't want a UM-WSU championship. That would be a hell of a game on national tv.
From watching Weber the past couple games, it is going to be more of a blowout than close. They are merely going through the motions in their tourney game with NAU and blowing them out. Without Ward and a healthy Cherry, and a strong start which doesn't seem to be what the Griz do, UM would need a perfect game with WSU having a poor shooting night..today, they are shooting 85% so far from the line...I would love to be wrong, but UM is the second team in the BSC

SWeberCat02 said:

Not sure where you got that, assuming you were talking about me, from my post. I am HOPING for a UM/WSU championship game. For some reason I was thinking NAU would be more of an obstacle for WSU.

Ashamed said:
SWeberCat02 said:

Not sure where you got that, assuming you were talking about me, from my post. I am HOPING for a UM/WSU championship game. For some reason I was thinking NAU would be more of an obstacle for WSU.
It was a response to mtgrizrule.

GrizLA said:
SWeberCat02 said:
From watching Weber the past couple games, it is going to be more of a blowout than close. They are merely going through the motions in their tourney game with NAU and blowing them out. Without Ward and a healthy Cherry, and a strong start which doesn't seem to be what the Griz do, UM would need a perfect game with WSU having a poor shooting night..today, they are shooting 85% so far from the line...I would love to be wrong, but UM is the second team in the BSC

I would say the second most complete team in the BSC. Montana will have to shoot well and get to the line. If Weber's bigs get in foul trouble it will be a different game, if not it could be a very lopsided game

GrizLA said:
SWeberCat02 said:
Yeah but UM still has Tinkle and the home court. I still think it will be close.

Back