• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Thoughts and Prayers Griz Nation

chris

Administrator
Staff member
eGriz Club
It's a sad week for Griz Nation.

My friend Adam Schreibeis passed away yesterday and many of you may know him as the smiling face that served you many victory drinks at Red's Bar after every Griz Football Game. He will surely be missed.

It also brings sadness to talk about the status of one of our long time Moderators Mike Owens, known as "Big One 25". Here is an update from a family member:

Its been quite some time since i posted an update here,and with a heavy heart i am afraid the time has come. As many of you know Mike has fought a long & fierce battle against a horrible terminal form of cancer. Sadly, after 2 amazing years that battle is nearing its end. In the last few weeks the cancer has become more aggressive, attacking his liver and shutting down his organs. Hospice has been brought in to care for Mike & assist the family in this unthinkable time. On behalf of Mike & his family & especially his children I would like to thank each and every one of you for your support and love throughout this ordeal. There are never enough words or thank you's to all the people that have come together to do so many wonderful things. The weeks to come will be the hardest my children will ever face & to those who are continuously there for them (you know who you are) I am forever in your debt. Thank you for all the messages & kind thoughts & i am sorry if I cannot reply to everyone but know that i do appreciate them as do the children and the family. Hug your loved ones tight. Life is short & unpredictable. It is also truly beautiful. God Bless.

Let's raise a beer to these fine men! Go Griz

Our thoughts and prayers are extended to these fine folks. Is Schreibeis related to last year's Buck Buchanan winner that played at MSU?

Big O.. you're not gone yet, but I'm gonna miss ya. Our random post-game convos on Facebook were always lively.. you've been brave and strong the last two years..

Blgs Griz Fan said:
Our thoughts and prayers are extended to these fine folks. Is Schreibeis related to last year's Buck Buchanan winner that played at MSU?

Yes, they were cousins

jesus. got a little perspective this morning. i have been moping around because i hate my job and desperately want something different so every day isn't the same old crap. but it's not so bad. i'm still here and hope to be for some time. things could be so MUCH worse.

thoughts and prayers to the family and friends of these guys. just shitty. :(

ilovethecats said:
jesus. got a little perspective this morning. i have been moping around because i hate my job and desperately want something different so every day isn't the same old crap. but it's not so bad. i'm still here and hope to be for some time. things could be so MUCH worse.

thoughts and prayers to the family and friends of these guys. just shitty. :(
great post. stop and smell the roses.

Griz Nation mourns.

mourning%2Bblack%2Bribbon.jpg

Wow, so sorry to hear all of this. Makes this little rivalry thing kind of meaningless.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

My thoughts & prayers go out to Adam, Mike, & their families. They were exceptional people & will be missed. :sad:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Do not know Big O, but Adam was a great guy. My thoughts are with his family, and my prayers are for big O.

'68griz said:
I know neither of these gentlemen, but I send my prayers and wish their families well.

I also don't know them personally, but as a fellow Griz fan, I look at them as friends that I have not had the pleasure of meeting. My thoughts, wishes, prayers and condolences go out to their families, friends and all of Griznation.

God Bless them and their families. May their souls find their way to WAGRIZ for more of a home field advantage. May they have the best seat anywhere for all GRIZ games now, home and away. Save me a seat boys, I will be there one day myself. God Bless you all.

gocats said:
Wow, so sorry to hear all of this. Makes this little rivalry thing kind of meaningless.

gocats, you said what I was thinking, we are all in the BIG GAME of life together,,,thanks for your post gocats...

...drink together...
...cheer together...
...mourn together...

... :beer2:.. :clap: .. :( ...

gocats said:

Having sat through chemo and more twice a week, for a long time, one thing I have noticed among the others in that room is no one talks about politics, wars, or competition of any type except Oscars (this is LaLA Land, after all). No issues of race, religion or anything else. When you look at the world from the perspective of a waiting room in a hospital's Oncology ward, what is important stands out and what isn't, simply doesn't matter.

Big One 25 passed away this evening. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Thanks for the many great years on eGriz.

Back