• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Those Scrappy Little BISON...

ndsubison

...are coming to town. Rest assured Griz faithful, NDSU will most likely lose this game to the almighty Grizzlies. However, the score will be closer than you all think. Our objective (for this year) is to gain some respect while we continue lay the groundwork for our venture into I-AA. I sincerely invite all Griz fans to look at a few facts regarding the BISON of NDSU: 1) our facilities/attendance, 2) our fan base and 3) our heritage [which is actually better than yours, on a divisional basis]---i.e. 8 NC's are better than 2, last time I checked, irregardless of divison but we're talking about tradition here. Griz faithful have every reason to be proud of your program but when it comes to overall record & tradition we easily surpass you. Now I am not trying to say that NDSU will win this game because, quite frankly, we will not. If we can keep it within 3 TD's I will consider it a success. As a BISON, I am not into moral victories but I am also not naive. The Griz will win this game but rest assured that the BISON are knocking on the door today but within the next few years we will be kicking your door in.

All that you say may be true but the bottom line is .......you still have to live in North Dakota.

Other reasons it is better to be a Bison backer.
1) no forest fires....you have to have trees.
2) Your weather....you take winter vacations to Minnesota to warm up.
3) Good kite flying state... it's windy all the time because Canada blows and South Dakota sucks
Can anyone think of more?

bronco said:
All that you say may be true but the bottom line is .......you still have to live in North Dakota.

Other reasons it is better to be a Bison backer.
1) no forest fires....you have to have trees.
2) Your weather....you take winter vacations to Minnesota to warm up.
3) Good kite flying state... it's windy all the time because Canada blows and South Dakota sucks
Can anyone think of more?

There's a smack board for that. It shows low class to do it on this board.

My only hope is that after Saturday, this will actually turn back into a Griz chat board.

grizpack said:
My only hope is that after Saturday, this will actually turn back into a Griz chat board.

Not entirely. I look for some Sam Houston State people to show up, but from my dealings with them, they know their football, and are a pretty good group.

I have every confidence that once we've solidly defeated the Bison, we'll not hear from them again... unless they are wanting to join the Big Sky again, and again..... and again........... You get the point. :-?

But then came the grizzlies,
with their sick and empty heads.
They couldnt see past the Big Sky.
they wanted all the buffalo dead.
Everything was SO sad.

When I looked above Washington-Griz,
some strong eyes did I see.
I think its somebody comin' around
to kick bear ass,baby.
I think...I think he's comin' around
to kick-ass on the Grizzlies.

Boys......
I said, above Washington-Griz...
strong eyes did glow.
It was the leader of the Bison, baby.
OH MY GOD,
The GREAT WHITE BUFFALO.....
LOOK OUT!!!! LOOK OUT!!!!!!!

Well,he got the mighty herd.
He led em cross Montana.
With the Great White Buffalo,
they gonna make a final stand.

The Great White Buffalo,
comin'around to make a final stand.
Well,look out here he comes.
The great white buffalo,baby.
The Great White Buffalo....

Look out,here he comes.

--On loan from Ted Nugent

BisonMav steps into the ring.
There is gonna be a war.
His rhyme was copied from Ted Nugent.
That's bush-league to the core.

My poems are original.
Made to make you smile.
So here I go to battle,
Like Eminem in 8-mile.

These Bison boys from Fargo,
will to our town arrive.
If they'd like to keep their winning streak,
They shouldn't pass Glendive.

As they leave their Fargo Dome,
and head their wagons west.
They'll know they've left their comfort zone.
They have come to play the best.

New coach, new quarterback,
We've both a lot to prove.
Yet the Griz are on top,
and do not plan to move.

Yet still they will come.
To our beloved Wash-Griz.
The place will be alive,
just like it always is.

You have to hand it to them,
They've got some cahones.
They will not only face the Griz,
But the North End Zone loonies.

How many D1 schools have you played? Since the last time you played a D1-AA school, Watergate was the talk of the nation. I know that you are proud of you DII division titles, and rightly deserved. But I will say, step it up a knotch. We would love to have you in D1AA, if anything, it should help with your increased funding and scholorship material. You need all the help you get get to attract people to ND.

Unfortunetly, the Griz have a habit of lowering their play to the level of their appoinents, hopefully that will not be the case in the home opener.

I don't think they will be lowering anything on Saturday. From the interviews last night they sound pretty humble.

What was NDSU's record last year?...

Don't worry about nailing down respect with this game...just berak 500 in your own conference. THAT might help. :splat:

Well done nzone. No one can compete with your prose. Not the bison and certainly not the kittys, even Poe himself would be jeleous.

Keep your ears on your head though..no body wants them.

Massey rates all college football teams. 1A, 1AA, II, III, & NAIA

Montana #77
Georgia Southern #78
Montana State #153
NDSU #154 (uh oh, right back of the Cats)
Carroll #177

We were 2-8 last year. If you are going to bring up last year, how did the Griz do against #153 on the Massey Ratings? Looks like we both have something to prove this year.

n-zonecrayz,

Not that you need anymore props for your prose, but that was beautiful man, just beautiful.

I'm proud to be a new member of the North End Zone loonies. Section 233 is in the house.

Considering the game this Saturday, I challenge anyone on the face of our planet to find a better avitar than grizgrunt's.

Props to you my brother.

The Bison can only "back dat ass up" so much until they get the point.

grizpack said:

And all you Griz fans thought you were the only ones passionate about your FB. Well, you've officially met some BISON fans (2-1 vs the Griz, 8 NC's vs 2 NC's, better playoff record @'SU, but I digress.) You guys are like Fresno State talking to Michigan. We are NOT Northern Colorado, NOT this year, so PLEASE PLEASE keep underestimating us. I can't wait until our scholies add up ( in 2 yrs) so we can show you what tradition is all about. Enjoy this one...

GoodGodGriz said:
I have every confidence that once we've solidly defeated the Bison, we'll not hear from them again... unless they are wanting to join the Big Sky again, and again..... and again........... You get the point. :-?

Again, and again, and again, that's what you'll be saying within the next (5?) yrs when the Griz are no longer king of the mountain. The BISON are a great fit for the Big Sky and you know it. Out with Suck State (wanless/winless {former Ralph U cronie}, out with PSU. The BISON have more to offer to the BSC than you may like to admit. Change is good, at least that's what my HS counselor/psychiatrist used to tell me before I started to listen to the voices in my head :eek:

Guck the Frizz!!!

Back