• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Thompson Falls - Superior

Grizfan-24

Staff member
Hey...the two heavyweights in Western B football play Saturday in Superior.

Nice win for Superior... Frankly just overpowered Eureka in the second half...

We started slow but flat out handed it to Florence. They only got inside the 40 once. That was against our JV.

Lets see how many people we can get to Superior on Saturday. It might be the best football game in Western Montana next weekend...So if anyone wants to forgo watching college football...make the drive to Superior...
and cheer for Thompson Falls . :D HA HA HA HA...

This game has definately got me nervous as we haven't played anyone this tough all year long...

Talk about two opposite teams. We throw the ball really well and Superior runs and runs and runs the ball...

I will give my guess on the score later in the week...

Cheer for Thompson Falls???? NO WAY!!! :) I am a little nervous about this game too. I will feel a lot better when Dan Alexander is doing better. He hurt both his ankles against Eureka, yet kept playing, but definitely not as good as usual. Colin seemed to be just fine, which is a huge plus! Your QB scares me, but our D is great when it wants to be. I think that we can do just fine if we play as well as we did in the 2nd half against Eureka, but it we start as slow this Saturday as we did last Saturday, we're not going to win. I have faith in my boys though, and I think we are going to have one heck of a good game. And my prediction is Superior 38 T-Falls 28. :)What do you think??

Yeah I too am a bit nervous about this weeks game....

We have been planning on Alexander playing and playing well...same with Donovan...

Here is how I see it...

Superior O vs. Thompson Falls D: Advantage Superior just because we don't see that much. Talk about learning something new.

Thompson Falls O vs Superior D: I will take Thompson Falls on this one. Just because of our number of weapons out our disposal. This takes nothing away from Superior D, but they have given up a few yards here and there.

Special Teams: I honestly am going to have to take Thompson Falls here because we can kick a lot better and our punting is amongst the best in the state....

Score... Thompson Falls 27 Superior 22...A score late...to win...

I honestly didn't expect the game to go the way it did. I expected a bigger fight, I think Alexander was missed. Yes he was there but that ankle obviously hindered his running ability. He didn't have that explosive step that he had in the games before.

The nice thing that the game was settled on the field, no poor officiating the field was in good condition. Though it was chilly and standing on top of the bus was a bit cold. Everyone was trying to find one of those space heaters on the sidelines. I think the fans used them more than the players did.

Superior held tough, that game could have been a bigger blow out than it was considering we were inside the 20 three times before we scored. So 23-6 was much more respectable than what it could have been. Superior has a bunch of classy kids. Hope you guys can come up to T-Falls this upcoming weekend and cheer us on over Baker. Should be a great atmosphere. We can use all the help we can get...

I didn't care about the outcome of the game, but...poor bobcats. There, I said it. Can you blame me?

Yeah, your right...I don't know that many really care outside of Thompson Falls currently...but that does sound good...Poor bobcats...I don't know that I cared before I got a job in THompson Falls...but agains poor bobcats...

Yeah, the game was a little surprising to me as well. It didn't even seem like I was watching my team play. For Blake not to complete a pass until the 4th quarter is crazy, and your D definitely shut down our running game. You guys definitely had a lot of support. That is great to see, though I wasn't exactly impressed with the T-Falls fans that sat in our section and made comments like "One of our guys most be holding 24 up cause he is too tiny to be staying up by himself." That really made me and his grandmother mad, but besides that your players, coaches, and most fans seemed to be really classy as well. It was definitely a rough day for us, but I am still proud of my boys!! I was very impressed that my best friend made his first touchdown of the year!!!! Even if it was our only one, I am proud!!! So you were the crazy guy standing on the bus, huh?? HAHA! I was wondering.... Good Luck next week!! If the roads aren't horrible, I think I will come and watch.

Yeah that was me on the bus. I was attempting without the use of headphones to try to figure out what you guys were doing. So I just ended up being a glorified spectator. I did little other than scream and chart plays. Exciting eh? I thought so.

There are always a few clods in every group. That is unfortunate they made those comments. I hope you guys can make it up to the game this saturday. At least I will be in a booth and not on top of a bus for this weeks game. That will be nice considering...as much snow as we have now...

Back