• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

This is what we deal with in Spokane as Griz fans!

SpokaneGriz

An email from a beloved Eagle buddy.........

Okay, all fun and games here half of us are Eags the other are Griz……………………………Eastern vs. Montana week!

Spokesman Review
Two boys were walking in a park in Spokane and one was suddenly under attack by a rabid Rottweiler. Thinking quickly, the other boy ripped off a board from a nearby fence, wedged it down the dog`s collar and twisted it, breaking the dog`s neck and saving his friend`s life. A reporter with the Review was strolling by and saw the incident. He rushed over to interview the boy. ``MEMBER OF JUNIOR EASTERN EAGLE CLUB RESCUES FRIEND FROM HORRIFIC ATTACK,`` he starts writing in his notebook. ``But I`m not a member of the Eagle Club,`` the little boy told him.`` ``Sorry, since we`re in spokane, I just assumed you were,`` said the reporter. He starts again, ``EAGLE FOOTBALL FAN SAVED FRIEND FROM VICIOUS ANIMAL,`` wrote the reporter. ``I`m not a EAGLE football fan either,`` said the boy. ``Well, gosh,`` said the reporter, I thought everyone in Spokane pulled for EWU. Just who do you root for?`` the reporter asked. ``I`m a GRIZ fan,`` said the boy with pride. The reporter starts a new sheet in his notebook, ``LITTLE HIPPIE HOMO BASTARD MURDERS BELOVED FAMILY PET.``

God I hate the Eagles 0X

I remember going out for dinner and a few drinks in Spokane after the Griz beat EWU three years ago. Most of the locals didn't even know that EWU played a football game that day, let alone that they played a football game that day in Spokane.

That's true. Most Spokane people were way more wrapped up in WSU and Gonzaga. I remember last year one of the EWU ROTC guys was reading the newspaper and complaining to me about how they barely even reported on EWU's basketball win cause they were too busy writing about the Zags' loss. And Jimus, give them a break, every team in the BSC thinks we are their rivals! :roll:

ya know, it's funny. The guy at the Spokesman Review must have been looking at eGriz.com cause that joke looks awfully familiar. Take a look @ XXXX and tell me if you think the joke sounds somewhat the same. Hehe.

P.S. Being a Spokane Native, I can relate to this post and verify it as the truth!!

I agree.....You learn to hate Eastern Wheat-field Community College after living in Spokane for any period of time.

But they have successfully become our greatest rival in the BSC. And I loath the EWCC football team, and their fans.

...or as the late comic Sam Kinnison used to say:
(Screaming at the top of his lungs) "They live in a f(%^ing desert!" :lol:

Northern Griz said:
That joke has been around a while. I first read it on the gowyogo.com rivals board.

I know it has been around. I love the jokes that can be modified for any shool you choose. Great Fun!!

I'd say that for our REAL rivals, we have Montana State and Idaho, but there's really no room for more. EWU and other directional schools don't have what it takes to be our rivals. Maybe they should schedule Central and Western Washington for their end-of-year games. It's not like their school has done anything except raise teachers to work the Spokane ghetto.

spokane is a major city in a major state. i know that is hard for people who have never left missoula to figure out but there are cities that are big in other states. people actually have other stuff to do than live and die by a bunch of 20 year olds playing football. get a life griz fans!

You live in Cheney, not Spokane. I do live in Spokane and there is a difference. And if Griz fans are so pathetic for being die hard fans, how pathetic does it make you to be on OUR board acting like a fool.

griz hunter said:
spokane is a major city in a major state. i know that is hard for people who have never left missoula to figure out but there are cities that are big in other states. people actually have other stuff to do than live and die by a bunch of 20 year olds playing football. get a life griz fans!

Son, I used to live in Tampa, a metropolitan area that's at least ten times the size of Spokane, and even Tampa's considered a small market. And tell me what's better, a bunch of 20-year olds who win conference and national championships, or by a bunch of 20-year olds who go 6-5 every year? It looks like Cheney has at least that to offer. What else you got?

Jimus said:
griz hunter said:

Son, I used to live in Tampa, a metropolitan area that's at least ten times the size of Spokane, and even Tampa's considered a small market.

Eh....can you check the math on that one?............... :wink:

Jimus said:
griz hunter said:

Son, I used to live in Tampa, a metropolitan area that's at least ten times the size of Spokane, and even Tampa's considered a small market. And tell me what's better, a bunch of 20-year olds who win conference and national championships, or by a bunch of 20-year olds who go 6-5 every year? It looks like Cheney has at least that to offer. What else you got?

Tampa has 4-5 million people? Not doubting you, just wondering. I'm not too far from there.

Considering what Eastern deals with around here they put out an outstanding product. I think when Idaho is forced back into 1AA they may have a good rivalry with them. Otherwise, they will continue to be the ugly kid sister to Gonzaga and WSU.

The GRIZ used to play in a "parkinglot" too, as I remember. Eastern did win last year...got to hand it to them. This game won't be close though.

All you guys are full of sh.t!!!!!!! I lived most of my life in Orange County Calif. Been to many Rams, Lakers, Kings, Ducks, Angels, Trojans, Bruins ect games nothing beats the game day atmosphere of WA. Griz Stadium!!!! I have lived here over 10 years and its the most fun of any of the above venues. Spokane is nothing more than a pimple on the state of Wa. ass. EW in Wa. who cares? At least the Griz are the top draw in Montana. Whats your excuse?

Good point Grizroc. Washington has 4 Division I universities, three of them on the eastern side of the state. That's a lot of divided fan loyalty. Gonzaga with a nationally ranked basketball team, WSU football ranked in the top 20. UI-EWU was a pretty good rivalry before they jumped ship and went to 1-A. What I think we really need, though, is an in-state rival. I wouldn't mind seeing maybe a Western Washington move up to 1-AA, and create a good in-state rivalry.

BILLYBEAR said:
All you guys are full of sh.t!!!!!!! I lived most of my life in Orange County Calif. Been to many Rams, Lakers, Kings, Ducks, Angels, Trojans, Bruins ect games nothing beats the game day atmosphere of WA. Griz Stadium!!!! I have lived here over 10 years and its the most fun of any of the above venues. Spokane is nothing more than a pimple on the state of Wa. ass. EW in Wa. who cares? At least the Griz are the top draw in Montana. Whats your excuse?

Spokane is the second largest city in the state of Washington dude.

YA. that would help a lot. C. WA has been knocking on the door for a while too. They beat the Cats last year.

I'd like to see the City sell Albi, which is falling apart and build something next to the interstate toward Cheney. Maybe in conjunction with the University. There is tons of room out there and easy in and out on I-90. The Spokane Arena proved that "if you build it they will come". So did the GRIZ. The Eastern program would explode if they did that and the city would be making bucks too.

Back