• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

This is how you do it

Bronco

DONOR
If you're going to give the opposing team some locker room material you may as well do it right.

Wednesday October 29, 2003

VAN PELT PREDICTS "GRUESOME" WIN OVER COWBOYS
Team to Play Former Rival Wyoming

By Justin Kallal
October 29, 2003

CSU starting quarterback Bradlee Van Pelt is known for making bold claims about opposing teams.

But no one was prepared for the rockets the rifle-armed CSU hurler launched today.

"Wyoming is just piss-poor," said Van Pelt. "We've rolled them four years in a row and it's just too bad we still have to give them a place on our schedule when we could be playing Northern Illionois or someone out of conference that's worth a damn. They ought to just kick them back into the WAC so we can quit wasting our time."

CSU head coach Sonny Lubick declined to comment about his quarterback's most recent shots over the opposing team's bow, and would only offer a roll of the eyes when asked if Van Pelt's comments would cost him any playing time on Saturday.

"That's just Brad being Brad," Lubick said. "This isn't the first time he's done something like this, and he usually backs it up. And I figure Joe would probably trade me quarterbacks right about now if he had the chance so I don't know what all this fuss is about."

Lubick was referring to Wyoming starting quarterback Casey Bramlet. Bramlet has been singled out by Lubick several times as being an easy target for the hard-charging CSU defense.

Van Pelt agreed.

"I don't know Casey real well, but I heard you can't count on him when the chips are down," said Van Pelt. "And everyone says he has this big arm but I haven't seen it yet. I'm the top dog in this conference, and he better remember that."

Gametime Saturday is set for 1 p.m. The game has been selected as ESPN's MWC Game of the Week.

"That's probably a first for Wyoming," said Van Pelt as he jogged off the practice field this afternoon with his helmet in his hand. "They're going to pay for making us come up to that dump in Laramie. I'm looking forward to it."

Go Joe!.....kick them CSU boys butts!

Just remember:any given Saturday "Bradd.......lllllleeeeyyyyyyyy"!

any given Saturday!

Go Griz!

GoodGodGriz said:
Sad thing, Van Pelt is probably right... gotta admit the boys got some balls...

Apologies to AC/DC........"Bradlee's got the biggest balls of them all"

More than any other reason, I want Wyoming to win just to see Van Pelt's reaction after the game.

Anyone remember Idaho QB John Welsh? HAHAHA

boise-griz said:
WOW!! Now that is some serious trash talking. I might just have to pay attention to this game now.

It will definately be on my TV, only because I'll have to listen to the Griz via internet :cry: .

What's sad about Van Pelt is that while he spouts off about being "top dog" in his league, it's obvious that the BSC has some better qbs than he is. I will admit he's a better runner in that he can take a hit, but like loyalgriz says he's not real bright. CSU would be where they are without him.
I hope Wyoming wins, or at least keeps it close and sacks his arrogant backside.

Ok, one more, if he's so good why isn't he on the Heisman list? If he was great it would be enoug to overcome not being in one of the major conferences.

Van Pelt is one tough S.O.B., a good but not great QB, and I love the trash talk. It will get the Cowboys up that's for sure and it has all of us talking about a ho-hum game when we otherwise wouldn't be.

nah, we'd all probably be talking about some other pretty meaningless event, which happened to be in the current spotlight....

Hate to dispel the veracity of this article, because I think it's pretty dang funny, but it's just a joke. Van Pelt, while he may have wanted to say those things about Laramie probably knows better than to actually do so. The quote came from a parody website of the CSU Collegian.

http://csucollegian.s5.com/sports.html
(note very bottom of page if you still don't think it's a joke)

Here is the real Collegian
http://www.collegian.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2003/09/29/3f7866642541d
This particular page has an article about the CSU turnovers in the option package for any option-haters out there.

etufarris said:
Hate to dispel the veracity of this article, because I think it's pretty dang funny, but it's just a joke. Van Pelt, while he may have wanted to say those things about Laramie probably knows better than to actually do so. The quote came from a parody website of the CSU Collegian.

http://csucollegian.s5.com/sports.html
(note very bottom of page if you still don't think it's a joke)

Here is the real Collegian
http://www.collegian.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2003/09/29/3f7866642541d
This particular page has an article about the CSU turnovers in the option package for any option-haters out there.

Now that is pretty funny.

:D

Too bad it's not true, because Wyoming won the game, 35-28. That means Joe Glenn has Wyoming at 4-5 now coming off a 2-10 season a year ago. He's turning that team around before our very eyes.

Back