• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

THEY ARE IN THE GAME!!! FINALLY!!!!

djonevers

Just got EA Sports NCAA Football 2004 and THE GRIZ are in it! So are the kitties. I don't know about all of you but it's about freakin' time. Go get it! The stadium looks great and WOW! I am so happy! Gotta go play now!

Ok let me clarify something, the stadium looks good but it's NOT Washington-Griz.

(Crap the Cats just scored! I better get back to playing!)

Where did you pick it up? The only outlet we have here is probably BestBuy or something like that.

Let us know where you got it!

WAIT! Game must be flawed.
If the Bobcats can score against the griz in 2003 then something must be wrong!
:eek:

It was probably just the token score, like the one T1 or T2 let me have when they kick my rear end in any video game we have. At least if I let them be the Griz, the Griz will always win.

I got the game at Software Etc. in the mall here in Billings. They were just digging them out of the box when I came in and asked when it was going to be released, perfect timing! :D As far as the 'Cats, I beat them 42 to 7 heh heh heh!

It does have the entire Big Sky conference and the Atlantic 10, Gateway, Southern, and of course the usual Ivy, MEAC and SWAC 1-AA conferences. Fun Fun stuff! :D

Yeah, I got mine at Gamestop in the mall here in Msla during my lunch hour. Yeah, Wa-Griz looks WAY too big (more seats that Miami's :eek: ), but It's really cool to hear the commentary guys say "we're here in beautiful Missoula, Montana at Washington-Grizzly stadium..." I gotta fill in names and stuff this evening. No Monty either, from what I've seen so far. :(

Did anyone notice the team ratings in NCAA 2004. The Griz, of course, have the highest rating among 1-AA teams..., along with another team...I forget who, but who cares. The Griz rating is 72. Which is higher than Idaho and a few other 1-A teams.

Finally!!!!!!! Wow now I'm going to go buy a playstation just so I can be the griz. That is the only game I'm gonna buy/play. I think I heard this mentioned before but we should simulated the BSC games and then post the results the morning before game day. I think that would be fun. Have an article about the simulation. Just a thought. If I get it I think I'll do that if anybody is interested.

Baller1

Ochs is the default starter huh. I bet a quick substitution would be in order when Diz takes to the virtual field. Pretty cool stuff. I believe I'll be picking up a copy tomorrow along with GGG. By the sound of it there is a lot of fans who are going to pick up the game, if they haven't aready. I can see it now vGriz.com, anybody know if there is an online play mode in this puppy, doubtfull, but I can see Griz gamers battling GSU's gamers in a mock NC game right now. If I were a McNeese I'd feel a bit slighted, being left out of the game.
And I can tell you this, tomorrow night, MSU is going to get the beating of their life. Only question is...who will my starting QB be. Tough decision, even in virtual Grizzland.

I took my little brother down to the video store to rent the game, and they didn't have it yet. A couple guys were in there looking for it too, and as I was driving home, my brother told me that he heard one of them say, "They should let us rent it for free since we're in the game." So how about that. That's got to be cool to play a video game when you're in it. Not a bad way to kick back after a day of summer workouts.

JahGriz said:
Ochs is the default starter huh. I bet a quick substitution would be in order when Diz takes to the virtual field. Pretty cool stuff. I believe I'll be picking up a copy tomorrow along with GGG. By the sound of it there is a lot of fans who are going to pick up the game, if they haven't aready. I can see it now vGriz.com, anybody know if there is an online play mode in this puppy, doubtfull, but I can see Griz gamers battling GSU's gamers in a mock NC game right now. If I were a McNeese I'd feel a bit slighted, being left out of the game.
And I can tell you this, tomorrow night, MSU is going to get the beating of their life. Only question is...who will my starting QB be. Tough decision, even in virtual Grizzland.

Alas Griz fans the online mode only includes 1-A teams so the mock battles will have to wait atleast another year! :cry: Great to see some of 1-AA get some respect(Sucks for McNeese etc)...maybe next year EA will invest more time in each of our respective stadiums.

baller, if you're only gonna play one game i wouldn't recommend the PS2.
The PS2 has a ton of games, but many aren't worth even trying.
X-box has better graphics, and while you may not see it this seaon(but i think you will), you will in next year's version. also you can play DVD's in theXbox. You can with the PS2, but in about a 3rd of them the DVDs skip.
Another solid choice is the Gamecube especially if you're only gonna do EA sports NCAA 2004. The Gamecube is $50 cheaper for the system.
Having said all that, if i had a PS2 i'd not bother buying an Xbox or gamecube.

*this is important* get the biggest memory chip your machine will take if you plan on saving your dynasty. Trust me on this.
:eek:

One thing of some interest is that if you also get Madden2004 you'll be able to draft from your graduating classes from the NCAA2004 game.
I've only tried it once, but it works pretty nicely.

If anyone isn't near a store bestbuy.com has each for $49.99 and free shipping.

Sorry if i sound like an advertisement. :wink:

GrizMania,
hey thanks for the advice. I was exaggerating a little bit about only playing one game but I am looking into getting a gaming system and your advice is very helpful. I've played all of those systems and a big thing for me is the comfort of the controler. I hate the X box controller. It is the Montana State of controllers in my opinion. Then there is the game cube witch is ok, but still not a big fan. I love the PS2 controller, it just fits my hands right.

Baller1

i see, in that case go with what feels good.
There's nothing worse than gaming and being uncomfortable.

Also, in 2 or 3 years the next generation of consoles will be out, so it's not life we're making life-long decisions here. :D

for those of you that PC game keep in mind you can play on leagues for Madden and NCAA online. I don't do it, but have clients that do. In some cases folks make some coin, but that's not officially sanctioned by NCAA or EA.

For those in major metro areas keep a sharp eye out for the campus-challenge that EA has for NCAA. there are some good players, but as good as the game is getting former/current players are starting to beat those that don't fully understand D and O schemes.
In this official settings you can win some serious prize money or cars, trips to bowl games, pretty cool stuff. None of the contests are played on Gamecube, and were all on PS2...however MS is lobbying for their console to be used so we'll see what they use this fall.

As a side note, how many of you former players had your Sega taken away? I recall a few did in the early 90s. Guess what they were playing?......Bill Walsh Football(precursor to todays NCAA 2003,2004, etc).

If anyone is a newbie to the game and wants to suceed on heisman(hardest) seting let me know and i can give you some advice.

Grizmania - Can you just tell me how to beat my 8 and 5 year old sons? Not only do they beat me, but they talk a mean game of trash while they are doing it. And that dancing they do when they win :x

oh that's easy, just a bowl of icecream for each of them on the kitchen table when they go on offence and dont push pause. that should keep you with in a field goal.
Seriously though, if they're a passing team use nickel formation and inside blitz-the play where both lbs blitz. pick the fastest of the lbs to blitz with. when you line up with him put him just inside of where you intend to blitz to make the guard think he has to pick you up. The game is realistic enough that the linemen make their own reads prior to the snap...however sometimes you'll find that they somehow "know" that an inside LB is blitzing around the tackle.
Also, try using dime and blitzing the inner most corner(dime back). if they're not using 5 wrs you'll be ok.
if the little guys like to run from standard formation audible the line to pinch in.
and if their wrs aren't super fast audible the dbs to move in to bump and run....if they're fast move em out.
it also doesn't hurt to use a short zone-i think its called full zone, in dime and move the dbs back. they'll move up after the snap and be headed toward the ball when thrown, thus increasing the number of INTS.

for offense, run a lot if you're qb and wrs are cruddy and use the option even if your qb is slow, its hard to defend...and when they go to 4-4 D then pass. when you have to pass run out patterns and throw just as your wr makes his break. to get good at this you'll need to pay attention where the defenders are. if they're behind the wr then throw harder, if they're not then lob it.
for seam routes lob those too, but not too much.

That should help to start.
if that fails , pay them to let you win. :oops:

Uh, would I be using the diamond or square key for those ?

Now you know what you are dealing with. :oops:

Back