• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The stars are once again aligning for the Griz

elkmcc

Griz fans gotta love how the playoff situation is shaping up. This week's TSN Poll:
1. McNeese State Cowboys 7-1
2. Delaware Blue Hens 9-0
3. Southern Illinois Salukis 9-0
4. Massachusetts Minutemen 8-1
5. Wofford Terriers 8-1
6. Northern Iowa Panthers 8-1
7. Villanova Wildcats 7-1
8. Montana Grizzlies 7-2

1.McNeese State (7-1, 2-0 Southland)

THE GAMES: Stephen F. Austin (11/8), Northwestern State (11/15), at Nicholls State (11/22)

2.Delaware (9-0, 6-0 Atlantic 10)

THE GAMES: at Northeastern (11/8), Massachusetts (11/15), at Villanova (11/22)

3. Southern Illinois (9-0, 5-0 Gateway)

THE GAMES: Youngstown State (11/8), at Northern Iowa (11/15)

THE DEAL: published reports indicate that the school is lukewarm on the prospect of hosting due to financial concerns

4.Massachusetts (8-1, 6-0 Atlantic 10)

THE GAMES: Richmond (11/8), at Delaware (11/15), Rhode Island (11/22)

5.Wofford (8-1, 6-0 Southern)

THE GAMES: East Tennessee State (11/8), at Furman (11/15)

6.Northern Iowa (8-1, 5-0 Gateway)

THE GAMES: at Western Kentucky (11/8), Southern Illinois (11/15)

7. Villanova (7-1, 5-1 Atlantic 10)

THE GAMES: at Hofstra (11/8), at Maine (11/15), Delaware (11/22)

No doubt these teams are going to be beating up on each other. If the Griz win out a 3 or 4 seed looks likely. With some luck a 2 seed is not out of the question. Wofford looks like they have the easist road to a top 2 seed. With little playoff experience, they also look most likey to be a "one and done" to me.

You must disable the smilies

I would say at least 3 of those ranked above the griz last week now have their smiles "disabled". T. Moss predicts that 3 of the 4 remaining teams ranked above the Griz will lose this week. Let's hope we can all email him praising him for his genius. All 4 of the top teams have been struggling to win lately and/or have tough games ahead of them. I think Montana has the most favorable remaining schedule of the top 5 but even so the Griz will probably face its toughest competition of the season in the next 2 Saturdays. With that said, I firmly believe the Griz are playing better football right now than they have since the 2001 playoffs. Anyone making reservations yet?

Someone's got to lose Delaware/UMass, and someone's got to lose SIU/UNI (Hopefully UNI). The Griz just better do their part.

Back