• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The SI CURSE

RockyMtnGriz

DONOR
The SI CURSE has hit the Griz! :evil:

This weeks issue of SI includes a comment on the 24 game winning streak in the 'Go Figure'.

I'm cancelling my subscription to SI today! :evil:

We might also call it the CUMMINGS CURSE, as our local newspaper sports guy picked EWU. :evil:

What ever the reason... our Griz lost today :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

To be honest, if the Griz were going to loose, I'm glad it was this week. I didn't think they could go undefeated this year 16-0! Not with the injuries that are starting to pile up. It was obviouse today that the Griz are getting thin on defense.

Next week is the first week of a new streak. 5-0 for the rest of the year! :D

Please, no more of using the excuse of injured "key players". I've yet to hear any of our opponents, or possible opponents, ie GSU, the Bobcats, et al say "oh, we would have really beat that team if so and so was in the game"...Come on Griz, where's the heart?

Think CJ could have gotten to Blankenship today? Think EW #21 would have run for 200 yards today if our Defensive line was intact? Think #21 would have run for 300 yards today if our middle linebacker was there?

I don't make excuses. I tell it like it is. The defense is a sieve right now and I don't see how their going to patch it up. You can't put the good players back. They're gone.

Grizomatic---The Griz don't just have "injuries"---they've been decimated by injuries: Go get your press guide and look at the cover. How many of those kids are still in the game?

Out: First-string center, top reciever, huge back, major special teamer, three starting defensive linemen. And playing with BIG and painful injuries are: a corner, a linebacker, 2 safeties, and 2 running backs. Now maybe Peeples on top of all that. Did I miss anybody? Sheeee...

Have you EVER followed a team that had this many injuries in a season? I haven't--ever. Quite literally not the same team we had earlier in the season..and yet, remarkably 10-1. Bravo, Griz--for adapting, and playing thru the pain, and not folding, and how 'bout that string of 24 wins. WOW-- can't say anything but good about this Griz team!

Raven,
Got the press guide, and I know who's out for the season and who's hurt...what Griz fan doesn't?

IMHO we got by Portland and Sacramento State on luck alone, not by playing up to our game. As I said in another post, the only heart I saw in the game Saturday was in the stands.

The "Griz Heart" I'm used to seeing would have pulled this one out. When there was 12 plus minutes left and the score was EWU 27 Griz 21, I just KNEW that Johnny Montana and Company were going to show up and pull this one out, but they didn't and I'll live with that. What makes me so mad and hurt about this is that we got beat by a team that MSU beat 25-14, and they dominated when it counted. Even though we play MSU in "Our House" next week, I think our hands are going to be more than full...I refuse to except having 2 streaks broken 2 weeks in a row. That would be almost too much for this Griz fan to handle. So, what can I do about it? The same thing I always do...show up at the game, and scream my head off for the Griz.

We just can't be the only one of 120 plus I-AA teams that have had as many injuries as we have and it's made as much difference as it has made to us.

The only point I'm trying to make is let's just stop using injuries as an excuse as to why games are so close or why we loose one. I've yet to hear another team do that, but then again, there aren't that many teams that are 10-1. I think we might want to get the focus off the injuries, and on a different game plan. We are just too good to keep "ridin' that excuse horse".

Your comments, and Bravo for the Griz's adaptation, and playing through the pain are right on the mark, but as far as folding...I'm withholding my judgement until after Nov 23rd.

True champions ALWAYS find away to reach into places only they know how to get to, and find what it takes to win the game. That, to me, is THE GRIZ WAY! Peace.

Grizomatic: I can tell you're obviously a great fan. It sure hurts to see the Griz lose, doesn't it. I think everybody has some raw nerves right now--I meant no harm, just pounding my fist a little too hard, I guess. I'll be watching by satellite this Saturday. My hat's off to YOU and all the fans who pack the house and turn on the juice. Please give 'em hell for me. Go Griz!!!

Grizomatic said:

Please, no more of using the excuse of injured "key players". I've yet to hear any of our opponents, or possible opponents, ie GSU, the Bobcats, et al say "oh, we would have really beat that team if so and so was in the game"

C'mon, Grizomatic. Don't you remember that hilarious if it wasn't so sad press conference with Kramer earlier this year where he was blaming certain players for the loss, and basically accusing them of sandbagging on the injured reserve?

I'm a little on edge becaue of the EWU loss. I'm also going to curse this years team to high heaven if they lose to Bozeman. Breaking the win streak is one thing, losing the #1 spot is a pride thing, but losing to Bozeman is unforgiveable. Anytime!!!

Yes a National Championship is the sweetest thing there is, sort of, but I'm not sure how things will settle if we lose the Sky to the Cats.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evi

Injuries are a part of the game. The younger players have to step up. I think it was pretty telling that even the coaches weren't talking about the injuries after the game. They were talking about the same lack of intensity that we have had for the past 3 weeks. While injuries are inevitable, not being ready to play is not. The coaches are responsible for making sure the game plan is in place, and the players are ready to play. The players are responsible for coming out of the tunnel ready to give it their all. I am not sure anyone was ready to go on Saturday.

However, it is ancient history. This week is THE GAME. If anyone has trouble getting up for this game, they should not be a player/coach/fan.

For those McNeese/GSU fans on the board, I will give you a little idea of what the Griz Cat game means. In this state, this game means more than any other, except possibly the NC (I am sure there are a lot who would rather have the victory over the Cats than the NC). It is like Alabama/Auburn on a smaller scale.

Raven,
Thanks for the response, my friend...after the game with EWU, I could not be consoled, and it's the angriest I've been in a very long time. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that I had overlooked we are now 10-1, which isn't that bad. Another thing I overlooked, and NEVER, EVER will again is the fact that I'm 8 walking minutes from Washington/Grizzly Stadium, and get to attend all Griz home games...now how lucky is that? The loss made me forget that, but it won't happen again. A Griz game, in person, is truely a sight to behold...tons of fun inside and outside the Stadium. I'm sure the Griz will get it ALL back together, and do what needs to be done concerning MSU. The Griz WILL get it done this Saturday. GO GRIZ!!!

Sportin' Life,
You got me on that one...I was pissed beyond all pissdom after the loss, and lost my mind for awhile.

If it wasn't so sad, the Kramer press conference would have been very, very funny. Glenn has way too much class for any of that crap.

I think MSU will need more than whiskey and fresh horses for what we have in store for them. They WON'T and CAN'T beat us, not over confidence on my part, just plain fact. I'm sure Joe will have us REAL ready for this one.

They'll have a ton of confidence, but wait until they run through the tunnel...into the Cathedral of I-AA football and see the largest display of maroon and silver ever assembled in one spot, and wait until they hear the noise, hello Mr Bobcat confidence. GO GRIZ!!!

Grizomatic406 said:
Sportin' Life,

If it wasn't so sad, the Kramer press conference would have been very, very funny. Glenn has way too much class for any of that crap.

I think MSU will need more than whiskey and fresh horses for what we have in store for them. They WON'T and CAN'T beat us, not over confidence on my part, just plain fact. I'm sure Joe will have us REAL ready for this one.
What did Kramer say? Do?

Shakermaker,
It was from an earlier game this season, I forget which one, but Kramer seemed to have put the majority of the loss on a certain player, saying..."So and so seems to have been hurt all his life." Saying that about one of your own players at a press conference, and having it make the paper seems both sad and funny to me at the same time. GO GRIZZ!!!

Grizomatic406 said:
Shakermaker,
It was from an earlier game this season, I forget which one, but Kramer seemed to have put the majority of the loss on a certain player, saying..."So and so seems to have been hurt all his life." Saying that about one of your own players at a press conference, and having it make the paper seems both sad and funny to me at the same time. GO GRIZZ!!!

Okay, I remember that one. I didn't watch the game this weekend. Actually, I'm glad I didn't. I thought that maybe Kramer may have made some comment again, this past weekend or something, but he's happy, he's winning, he's taking the credit, and not playing the blame game.

I hope we return him to the blame game this Saturday.

Go Griz

Back