• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

THE OFFICIAL MARQ ROGERS IS AWESOME THREAD

He sure looked good to me. He needs a little more weight and strength, but he runs great patterns, catches well, and is tall and fast. It will be interesting to watch him grow. He reminds me a little of Marc Mariani when he was young...except a larger version.

with our supposed talent and depth at wide receiver, it would seem odd that a true freshman can bust through...unless of course our talent and depth is not real....I tend to think it is.....awesome, may be a little over used in this situation... let's let things shake out a bit.......go griz!

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he's starting before the second half of the year.

I think he's that good.

wow, I respect your opinions,,,i hope you two are correct and we have a real game changer here...that would be just what we need imo....go griz....

krammer said:
with our supposed talent and depth at wide receiver, it would seem odd that a true freshman can bust through...unless of course our talent and depth is not real....I tend to think it is.....awesome, may be a little over used in this situation... let's let things shake out a bit.......go griz!

If a player is good he's good, if he's really really good, he's really really good, no matter what age. Its like the old "That QB is to short to make it at the next level" saying. If a dude can play, HE CAN PLAY!!!! (see Drew Brees, Russel Wilson)

Sorry, but I am not impressed at all.

By my estimation, this guy runs about a 5.1 forty, and if you take off the maroon colored glasses and put down the koolaid, he has average hands at best. From a truly unbiased viewpoint, this guy is pedestrian, nothing more.

Ho-hum, sigh………………

Objectively,

getchizzy

Raider said:

By my estimation, this guy runs about a 5.1 forty, and if you take off the maroon colored glasses and put down the koolaid, he has average hands at best. From a truly unbiased viewpoint, this guy is pedestrian, nothing more.

Ho-hum, sigh………………

Objectively,

getchizzy

By your estimation? you got laser stop watches for eyes or what.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Raider said:

Ho-hum, sigh………………

Objectively,

getchizzy

Duh. Raider is a superhero. He is hired out to go to combines all around the world and test athletes. Then they don't have to buy stopwatches.

I hope you got my sarcasm as you weren't able to pick up on Raiders.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Raider said:

Ho-hum, sigh………………

Objectively,

getchizzy

I would also go further and say, IMO a receiver with his height will most likely be going down the field on fades and just getting the ball thrown up to him. He was one of the top 400 meter runners in the nation last year (prob means hes a long strider/ gains most his advantage after 30-40 yards). So long story short- his 40 time doesn't mean shit as to how effective he'll be!!!

But than again were all professional scouts :D

Raider said:

By my estimation, this guy runs about a 5.1 forty, and if you take off the maroon colored glasses and put down the koolaid, he has average hands at best. From a truly unbiased viewpoint, this guy is pedestrian, nothing more. Also MSU has several players that are bigger faster and have better hands. Plus MSU won some titles back in the '60's and again in late '70's so they really are better.

Ho-hum, sigh………………

Objectively,

getchizzy
FIFY

BadlandsGrizFan said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Raider said:

Ho-hum, sigh………………

Objectively,

getchizzy

I would also go further and say, IMO a receiver with his height will most likely be going down the field on fades and just getting the ball thrown up to him. He was one of the top 400 meter runners in the nation last year (prob means hes a long strider/ gains most his advantage after 30-40 yards). So long story short- his 40 time doesn't mean shit as to how effective he'll be!!!

But than again were all professional scouts :D

I guess I missed the sarcasm, not veteran enough to the site to realize certain users sarcasm yet I guess.
Well I be a monkeys uncle!! :oops:

BadlandsGrizFan said:
I guess I missed the sarcasm, not veteran enough to the site to realize certain users sarcasm yet I guess.
Well I be a monkeys uncle!! :oops:
Racist

Signed, Alpha
coffee.gif

uofmman1122 said:
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he's starting before the second half of the year.

I think he's that good.

I think he's going to become a very good WR for the Griz and so far from what I've seen and what others have seen there's a lot of buzz about the guy.

Starting this year? I don't think so unless there's a big wave of injuries through our upper ranks of WRs. That's saying he'd have to surpass Henderson, Jones, Saylor, Haynes, Warren, Naccarato, and Berland to get there. Don't see it happening.

I do see him in 2014 and 2015 really making his presence felt, his height, athleticism, and that he's catching a ton of passes thrown his way regardless if they're good throws or not have been impressive so far.

Raider said:

Ho-hum, sigh………………

Objectively,

getchizzy
:lol:

Latest posts

Back