• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The Missoulian....oh Lord

GeauxGriz

Goodman is quoted as saying....I think the Bobcats will be competing for aa national championship in a few years......

Nice brain washing by Kramer! With all the JC's, they better do real well the next two years, or it might be big trouble for the Cats.....and thier national title hopes. :roll:

GeauxGriz said:
Goodman is quoted as saying....I think the Bobcats will be competing for aa national championship in a few years......

Nice brain washing by Kramer! With all the JC's, they better do real well the next two years, or it might be big trouble for the Cats.....and thier national title hopes. :roll:

That's not completely an odd statement. It's possible.

Is there room in Montana for two elite teams? Because I don't see the Griz headed for any kind of a nosedive the way things are now.

Jimus said:
Is there room in Montana for two elite teams? Because I don't see the Griz headed for any kind of a nosedive the way things are now.

I agree. I also don't see MSU being a team that sucks anymore... not the sad pile of shit team that they used to be. No, not at all. I see MSU being a good team.

Ok....let me ask this then....

Had the Griz made thier fieldgoal and went into OT and beat the cats, what kinda season would that have been for them. 4-3 in the Big Sky...and a loss to D2 school on thier Homecoming....

I would say that they had a pretty good season, but I still think that ISU was better, and I don't think that we would consider them a threat to be a contender next year.

Now take away thier main guy on Offense and a few big guys on D....And you mean to tell me that they are going to compete for the NAtional Title the next two years? :roll:

There is a big difference between not being the doormat in the Sky, and contending for a National Title. Just think about all the really good Griz teams in the past that have not been there in the end. It takes a real special team to get the job done...and the Cats have a long ways to go to get there. Just my thought.

at least he didn't say "win" NCs, but instead chose "compete for" NCs.
Really any team that makes the playoffs is "competing" for the NC in a manner of speaking.
And compared with the rest of the rest of 1-aa which has a high level of parity the Cats can do well, especially given they have a great defense.
If they'd have had done better on offense and not had some untimely fumbles they'd have beaten MackNeese, and then come back to Missoula to face the GRiz.(BTW i HATE the regionalization thing.)
Also, there is room for 2 top teams in MT. what it comes down to is how much room there is in a conference. the SoCon has 3 teams that can "compete" for the NC, while the Gateway has WIU, YSU, WKU, UNI. In the BSC there is a lot of parity after UM, but they're all getting better.
Well, sorta. Sac state still doesnt win much, but fields better talent, and i guess i'd concede that NAU annually underacheives, but ISU, EWU, PSU, and MSU are teams that give the Griz all we can handle...moreso sometimes than most top 25 teams.

What i found even more interesting is Goodmans comment that NFL scouts will find you wherever you play, meaning he thinks the NFL will find him.

There were 16 teams competiting for the national championship last year, and all had an equal chance of winning. WKU was what, the #13 seed?

Do you expect a coach or player to say "We really suck and have no shot at the national championship." You have to show confidence (not cockniness) in yourself.

1peatfor7 said:
There were 16 teams competiting for the national championship last year, and all had an equal chance of winning. WKU was what, the #13 seed?

Do you expect a coach or player to say "We really suck and have no shot at the national championship." You have to show confidence (not cockniness) in yourself.

Right'eo

1peatfor7 said:

Only if they play for the 'Cats :D

Back