• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The Jordan Johnson Show

PlayerRep

See the attached article from gogiz. 3 TD's in 3 series. The first TD was 80 yards in 12 plays. 8-10 passing. 51 yard pass to Warren (diving catch), which was thrown from across field (so was probably in the air over 60 yards).

http://www.gogriz.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/081213aab.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Speltz article:

http://www.ravallirepublic.com/sports/college/montana/football/article_91b5d604-6f67-5fc8-aace-ad59b230fa06.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NorthwestFresh said:
So the secondary still is giving up huge yardage? :eek:

Gave up 177 yards, including backups. One play was 51 yards. It was a great pass and catch across field. It was across the field and far away, so I couldn't see what happened with the defense. 5 receptions for wideouts, 3 of which were to the frosh from Indiana, Rogers, who was playing with the 3rds/4ths.

yup!! the secondary gave up big numbers tonight! But they are clearly playing against, at worst, the second best quarterback in the Big Sky. Come aug. 31 they dont have to scrimmage against Jordy anymore. They will be just fine!

havgrizfan said:
yup!! the secondary gave up big numbers tonight! But they are clearly playing against, at worst, the second best quarterback in the Big Sky. Come aug. 31 they dont have to scrimmage against Jordy anymore. They will be just fine!

7 of the 15 completions were to backs. Those probably weren't completions on the secondary. 3 to tight ends. The 2 "worst" completions against the 1st/2nd secondary were the long pass to Warren and the 22 yard TD to Harper.

Secondary played well. You can't stop every pass. The two that hurt:

Hermanson was on the coverage on the Warren long pass reception.

Tulley was on the coverage on the Harper touchdown.

And both those throws were absolutely perfect.

*Edited for typos, I've had alot of them lately, I don't know what's wrong with me. :lol: Probably just too excited because the season is basically upon us!

j.j. looked really good. he has a great knack for spotting mistakes and making you pay. reads defenses really well

the backs only had 54 yards on 20? carries, but they were playing behind a makeshift line with Oiland and Poole out (has Poole moved up with the ones?).

a little disappointed in gus. hope it was just a bad day or maybe our two defense is quite a bit better than our one offense.

jp and kidder looked like the best two defenders out there to me.

i'm more concerned with all the banged up players than the kicking. by my count poole, oiland, henderson, walcott, pierson were all out. speltz says three oline were out, anyone know the third? that's six starters missing time just one week in. weyer is also out and horner quit. hopefully that's all behind us.

havgrizfan said:
He's not second to anyone in the BSC. Took his team to the semis in his first try; would not trade him for any other QB in the BSC.

getgrizzy said:
i'm more concerned with all the banged up players than the kicking. by my count poole, oiland, henderson, walcott, pierson were all out. speltz says three oline were out, anyone know the third? that's six starters missing time just one week in. weyer is also out and horner quit. hopefully that's all behind us.
Little injuries are always a part of the first week or two of fall camp. They are going to rest the guys who we know are going to play. If yr ones are tweaked you don't want to make a slightly pulled hammy a season long nagging injury just for a fall scrum. These guys have been working together all summer so they have been gettin in tune with each other. I ain't worried

He also look pretty comfortable playing behind the center. It will be a lot better lined up underneath the center when its 3rd and short instead of being lined up 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage when he gets the ball..

grizcountry420 said:
He also look pretty comfortable playing behind the center. It will be a lot better lined up underneath the center when its 3rd and short instead of being lined up 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage when he gets the ball..
I agree. That's always been one thing I hated about that offense. It limited us in that area

getgrizzy said:
j.j. looked really good. he has a great knack for spotting mistakes and making you pay. reads defenses really well

the backs only had 54 yards on 20? carries, but they were playing behind a makeshift line with Oiland and Poole out (has Poole moved up with the ones?).

a little disappointed in gus. hope it was just a bad day or maybe our two defense is quite a bit better than our one offense.

jp and kidder looked like the best two defenders out there to me.

Poole and Oiland will be fine. :thumb:

A couple observations from last night:

1. Jordy looks amazing.. he looked so sharp-- quick reads, quick release, VERY good accuracy. In the Missoulian article this morning Delaney talked about his check downs.. said it was non existent last year. ( Due to young QB's-- but also assuming Rosenbauch didn't tolerate any checks.. just an assumption from what I've heard) But the biggest asset with Jordy (other than his talent) will be his ability to get us in the right play- ala Craig Ochs. Out "O" was that good without Wolcott, Henderson, or a few O lineman. Henderson warmed up prior to the scrimm... but didn't play and had taken shoulder pads off for scrimm. Poole ( I think) was in a walking cast..and Oiland has a banged up hammy.. .but what we saw last night is how deep our O'Line is. The back-ups (Hines bro's, and Schmaing) can play. Oline is in good shape.
2. I think our D will be fine.. a lot of the completions (it's already been noted in this thread) were dump offs, and screens.. and trust me, if you haven't seen Travon Van yet.. you'll like what you see. That guy is flat out a different type of athlete than we've ever seen at running back. We've had great backs, but this guy is FBS talent, for sure. Him and Canada look great. So did Counts.
3. Kicking Game..... Brutal. It's an open competion. It appears Lider has not separated himself... and even last night Worst (true Frosh out of ID) was kicking with #1 kicking team. But none of them looked good. I think Lider is the best.. most live leg.. but his accuracy was terrible bad last night. Worst has got talent it appears, but he's still a true Frosh. He kicked off a tee last year in HS, so he'll have some growing pains. does appear to have some pop off the foot though.
4. I am concerned that our secondary hasn't got it figured out.. Hermy is not starting... he ran with the #2's consistantly ... interesting. I did like what I saw out of Dellasarra (Butte)... I think he'll get some time.

That's all, overall an awesome evening. Great seeing JJ, and the crowds reaction.

GO GRIZ

Latest posts

Back