• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The "Jordan Johnson" fan page on Facebook

BWahlberg

DONOR
My opinion here but I think this page needs to either be edited/changed or deleted entirely. It's got over 1500 fans and the creator/administrator (whoever they are) is using the page for a lot of personal/political opinions and ideals. As I read some of them I cringe at what is being represented by "Jordan Johnson".

The fan page claims it's there to support JJ, it describes that in the "about" section:

Community/fan support page for Mr. Jordan Johnson

Biography

Jordan Johnson was falsely accused and acquitted of rape. He is the victim of a US Department of Justice Probe that ignored facts and evidence.

MISSOULA, Mont. -- Jurors deliberated for more than two hours Friday before acquitting a former University of Montana quarterback in a rape trial that has played out amid NCAA and federal investigations into how the city and school respond to rape alle...See More
Description

This is a community support fan page, run by moderators. This page is not in any way affiliated with or reflecting the views of The University of Montana, Griz Football or Mr. Jordan Johnson. This page is a fan page and not the real person to be clear.

However the page is simply titled, "Jordan Johnson" so when it posts strong opinions on items it shows up in your timeline as "Jordan Johnson" posting something. Here's what was posted today:

Do you think having more money to buy a better ticket into the game should entitle you to drink alcohol while spectating?

Tell that to the corrupt police who will be watching the stands for the average joes having a beer while the rich people enjoy cocktails with no police harassment whatsoever!

I can't believe the University participates in this blatant class discrimination! The end result is loss of revenue on alcohol sales they could be making by letting EVERYONE have the right to enjoy a drink during the game.

The Missoula law enforcement will be there in a less than full uniform just to down play the police presence when in fact they are stationed at every staircase of every section just to watch for a person with a drink who isn't in the rich people sections where alcohol is allowed.

Why don't you harass the fans in the private boxes for drinking or how about charge fans who throw bottles into the crowd from private boxes?

I know of a man who got away with throwing a glass bottle into the crowd just because he was wealthy and sitting in a private box. Why would law enforcement condone this criminal act from a wealthy person but set a standard of discrimination with a cop at every aisle of a Griz game looking for an activity that all the rich people do without fear of prosecution or harassment? Is the game not meant for fun for everyone equally?

If this is truly about student athletes then let's not discriminate on who gets to drink in the stadium based on personal wealth! The cops who enforce the policy are not doing anything but discriminating against people who can't afford premium tickets that would allow them to drink in the stadium!

All adults should have the option to purchase alcoholic beverages during the game or no one at all!

Upon that being posted it received a wave of people's comments, some in agreement while others saying that the poster should not be posting these types of opinions in the name of a college football player. As the post sat for a while more negative comments and requests to remove the post came up. The moderator deleted the original and re-posted it without all of the requests to take it down. They also then posted some photos calling out the "politically correct" and making light of those who they may have offended.

This isn't the first time either. There was a post months back that I personally questioned the motive of being put on a college football player's "fan" site. I was shortly barred from posting on the page and my comments were deleted.

This fan page in Jordan Johnson's name over the last few months has posted about many football topics and some thing about Montana in general. However it seems at times the moderator uses Jordy's name to promote some of his political ideals.

In the last 6 months some rather off-topic posts that I've seen have been:

- Pardoning Bradley Manning
- Paying student athletes
- Shooting off fireworks in Missoula illegally
- The NSA

The page can post some aggressive opinions. The post that I copied was an edited down version of a prior one that was deleted. In the original post the moderator/OP went as far to refer to the MPD at the gestapo . It seems that a lot of times the page will post some heated political topic, wind up getting in fights with people who don't think they should be posting in Jordy's name, delete the thread, and then re-post a watered down version.

I for one think this site needs pressure to either revise it's title, commit to posting just sport-related info, or be deleted entirely. I really wonder how Jordan actually feels about some of the things being posted in his name.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jordan-Johnson/120111421505504?ref=br_tf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yeah I liked the page when it first came out because I do support JJ, but the person(s) running the page are getting a bit out of hand. I don't care if it posts whatever about JJ but using it just to tell your views to 1500 people is dumb. You're spot on Brint.

i do love the griz said:
Yeah I liked the page when it first came out because I do support JJ, but the person(s) running the page are getting a bit out of hand. I don't care if it posts whatever about JJ but using it just to tell your views to 1500 people is dumb. You're spot on Brint.

I "liked" it when it first came out, and about 2 days later "unliked" it. It was obvious from very early on it was going to go off the rails entirely.

Kokanee said:
Why dont you just unlike the page?

Because it's not just about if I agree or disagree with what it's saying, it's how this page has presented itself and the comments it's made in his name. I think this page should be taken down.

BWahlberg said:
Kokanee said:

Because it's not just about if I agree or disagree with what it's saying, it's how this page has presented itself and the comments it's made in his name. I think this page should be taken down.

Is it violating any Facebook rules?

If not the only way to make it irrelevant is to ignore it. Lots of stupid pages on Facebook.

AllWeatherFan said:
Or you could follow my example and not have a Facebook account. :)

I imagine for Brint and a lot of others it is a usefull tool for work. I mostly use it to try and keep track of my kids.

Kokanee said:
BWahlberg said:
Kokanee said:

If not the only way to make it irrelevant is to ignore it. Lots of stupid pages on Facebook.

You're still not getting the point. The point is the page is misrepresenting Johnson, in a mostly negative way. That would be like me starting up a page called "Kokanee" then telling everyone what a d-bag Obummer is, how much I hate ______, and so on.. then your friends come up to you, "Dude, why did you say what a d-bag Obummer is and how much you hate _____." You wouldn't want to be misrepresented like that, and I doubt Jordan does either.

MrTitleist said:
Kokanee said:
BWahlberg said:
Kokanee said:

You're still not getting the point. The point is the page is misrepresenting Johnson, in a mostly negative way. That would be like me starting up a page called "Kokanee" then telling everyone what a d-bag Obummer is, how much I hate ______, and so on.. then your friends come up to you, "Dude, why did you say what a d-bag Obummer is and how much you hate _____." You wouldn't want to be misrepresented like that, and I doubt Jordan does either.

No, I understand exactly what you guys are saying

My point is as far as I know the only way to make the d-bag posting this stuff go away is to not follow it.

I reported it as spam. Not much else you can do unless Jordan Johnson actually writes Facebook saying its not him.

I followed this page when it came out. I thought it was a great tool for supporting JJ. It is no longer representative of JJ. I am going to unlike now.

Back