• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The Griz are what they are at this point

George Ferguson

I've always been a big believer in not caring how you get the W as long as you get it. And while I share many of the same frustrations as the rest of the fan base, the fact is the Griz are 8-2, and are going to the playoffs. Another fact is, this team is 10 games into the season, it's the middle of November and the deficiencies are not going to be get completely turned around in the next two weeks. It's too late for that now.

The Griz are what they are, which is a team with a lot of heart and charachter and they do not fold. I really love that about this squad. The analyzing is over. This is the 2013 Montana Grizzlies and while everyone is entitled to their opinion and I know that long, long ago this message board became a bastion of negativity and that's predominately what it's here for now, I for one am just going to sit back and try to enjoy the last how many ever weeks there is left in this season.

havgrizfan said:
I've always been a big believer in not caring how you get the W as long as you get it. And while I share many of the same frustrations as the rest of the fan base, the fact is the Griz are 8-2, and are going to the playoffs. Another fact is, this team is 10 games into the season, it's the middle of November and the deficiencies are not going to be get completely turned around in the next two weeks. It's too late for that now.

The Griz are what they are, which is a team with a lot of heart and charachter and they do not fold. I really love that about this squad. The analyzing is over. This is the 2013 Montana Grizzlies and while everyone is entitled to their opinion and I know that long, long ago this message board became a bastion of negativity and that's predominately what it's here for now, I for one am just going to sit back and try to enjoy the last how many ever weeks there is left in this season.
Yep!!!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

+1

At the beginning of the season we all saw things that concerned us. I figured at least 85% of the issues would be worked out by now. That isn't happening and as Griz fans we need to accept that. Unfortunately we all know what comes next..... A full week of Our D sucks, Our O line sucks, Our coaches suck... I say leave it alone and spare the forum another :flame:

I'm really proud of our kids, gritty no quit attitude that we expect from Grizzlies.

This is my way of saying, oh shit.... The playoffs are going to be a nightmare.

Cardiac Griz is the best description of them. I honestly am at a loss about this entire group as a team and coaching staff.

The Griz have found a way to win and that says volumes really. Personally these wins have all come on talent and heart. I can say that coaching has won a game, meaning technique and X's and O's. The coaches may be doing a great job of personal motivation and that is a great thing.

This I guess in a way this is sort of a Bad News Bears team.

USD has played well the last three games and had opportunities to win them all. USD brought there A game today and the Griz weathered through. The know 4-6 record USD has does not indicate the quality of team they are. They are better than the 4-6 record!

Let's hope for a complete injury free game against Weber next week and give it are all against the Cats.

Go Griz

Lets not over analyze, we keep winning and good shit is the result. Who wants to see sausage bing made, really?

Glad you posted this, I've been thinking the same thing. The Griz have played in 4 very close football games this year. They won 3 and gave them selves a chance to win the 4th. They could have easily dropped all 4 of those close games and be sitting at 5-5 right now.

They say good teams are the ones that find a way to win. While their play isn't always flawless, these guys find a way to win and they have the record to show for it.

Congrats to all the guys on the team for winning a very important road game today. I'm looking forward to the upcoming weeks. Go Griz!

Last year the Griz worked some magic to lose a couple games they should have won. This year they find a way to win some games when all appeared lost. I'll take it. But for the love of Pete lets just crush Weber. We need a break from the pressure!

AZGrizFan said:
Great thread. Nice to see some peeps enjoying 8-2.

I'm loving this season, a lot of flaws, but a lot of fun too. It is nice that the multiple dark clouds hanging over the program have for the most part dissipated. I haven't had this much fun watching a Griz QB since Ochs. No offense to Selle and Berquist.

I'm not gonna complain about an 8-2 record. That's a lot better than most teams at this level right now. I hope the D shows up soon. I don't mind sittin on the edge of my seat lettin the guy next to me or my neighbors think I'm going crazy screaming and hollering at the game. But I have high hopes for this team and really hope they go a long ways.
GO GRIZ!!!

I like this team. Have from the start. Thought they might be more dominant. They showed what they can be in the Davis game. Waiting for them to get it all together and/or to get on a roll. Hope they do. There's still time for that. As someone said, the most important thing is for them to keep winning, as they have in the past 2 games. JJ is a huge positive factor. Leadership and heart are also big factors. Injuries aren't too bad, but it would be nice to get a few more guys back. Hope we get on the EWU side of the bracket, because I think we can beat them.

No one can complain about the games being boring. Great games, even if we all wished the team was making a few more plays earlier in games (as well as later). Probably not good for our blood pressure, but it's been a great and entertaining season so far.

Go Griz!

PlayerRep said:
I like this team. Have from the start. Thought they might be more dominant. They showed what they can be in the Davis game. Waiting for them to get it all together and/or to get on a roll. Hope they do. There's still time for that. As someone said, the most important thing is for them to keep winning, as they have in the past 2 games. JJ is a huge positive factor. Leadership and heart are also big factors. Injuries aren't too bad, but it would be nice to get a few more guys back. Hope we get on the EWU side of the bracket, because I think we can beat them.

No one can complain about the games being boring. Great games, even if we all wished the team was making a few more plays earlier in games (as well as later). Probably not good for our blood pressure, but it's been a great and entertaining season so far.

Go Griz!

Hmmmm....I don't think we beat the EWU team I watched play today.

PlayerRep said:

Go Griz!

I agree for the most part except injuries. I think this team is pretty beat up right now and missing several key players. Hopefully we get healthy in the next couple weeks.

The Griz can beat EWU, and it would be sweet to do it at Cheney in the playoffs. They have some phenomenal players, and they will score points, but they are beatable.

Hammer, agree. The Griz, so far, have only had one true season-ender it appears and that's Joey. Pray no more. But they seem to keep getting bit by ones that just take forever for a guy to get healthy. And so many ankles! Lost Jamal Wilson to an ankle today. Travon has now essentially been out for almost a month, Walcott has been over a month and Rominger has only played in two games. All high ankle sprains.

havgrizfan said:
Hammer, agree. The Griz, so far, have only had one true season-ender it appears and that's Joey. Pray no more. But they seem to keep getting bit by ones that just take forever for a guy to get healthy. And so many ankles! Lost Jamal Wilson to an ankle today. Travon has now essentially been out for almost a month, Walcott has been over a month and Rominger has only played in two games. All high ankle sprains.

What was Joey's injury?

AZ, Just what I heard, like I said, nothing official from MD or any other member of the Griz, so I can't say it's I know that's indeed the injury. But that's what I was told from a couple of people this week. Mick didn't give an injury status on anybody last Tuesday. Instead, he said "Right now, everybody is day-to-day". I guess we'll see what he says this Tuesday.

Back