• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The Dark days of the Bobby Hauk Regime

Grizfan-24

Staff member
(the following rant may continue small parts of sarcasm and sardonic language.)

The continued rants about how Grizzly football has reached a new low makes me think that many are comparing this to the demise of the Soviet Union or the Castro regime in Cuba.

So based upon the recent conversations in a number of posts I have come to a conclusion as to what we should do as the University of Montana for the remainder of the year. Just quit, for any other pathetic offensive performance will only continue to sully a once proud offensive tradition here at the University of Montana. Moreover, because our offense is so bad there is no way we can win another game for the remainder of year. On top of that why don't we just give the conference title to the Bengals and the national title to the McNeese State Cowboys. Mostly because our offense is so pathetic that we can't even beat a division II school.

Yes we are returning to the dark days of the Larry Donovan era. THere must be a call to arms to resurrect a once proud program. The Wishbone should not be allowed to return. Lets move to the hills and collect ourselves and overthrow the fascist Bobby Hauck regime and instill the once proud offensive coordinator Tommy Lee. Thus we will bring back the glory days of the Air Read offense. Power to the pass!

Honestly folks, we are 5-1 and currently in 1st place in the Big Sky Conference. We are ranked 5th in the nation and continue to rise. Our defense is solid and our offense is improving. Yet, we speak of this season as a lost one. Have we become so spoiled that no matter what we see on the field we can't be happy? We haev 7 games remaining and the last time I checked those games haven't been played.

Yet this man who claims that Donovan era has returned doesn't remember the dark days at Dornblazer field. In fact I question if this man ever really attended the games at Dornblazer. In reality he has become much like the rest of the fickle fiends who froth from the mouth for perfection and more beer at halftime and never return in the second half. I am secure in my confidence that many grizfans don't represent the views presented.

Yet the negativity that exists amongst many Grizfans is far more sinister and evil that a return to those dark days of Donovan. The longer we stay out at halftime and guzzle moose drool is more that we prove that Grizgames are more a social function than actually going to watch the game. We come in and exclaim "Why haven't we done this... or not another...Phenicie pull your head..."... So rather than bitch and moan how we can't do this anymore, just go to the dang game at watch it and cheer them on in the manner these kids deserve. Which is loud, obnoxious, and relentless for the opposing team.

(Stepping off of soapbox now)...

I don't think there are that many fans that are negative. I think it is just a handful. So you may be preaching to the choir here, with the exception of a few.

And W.Illinios is WAY better than McTeam! :wink:

God forbid, me a sugarcoater. I would rather die. I may be preaching to the choir a bit, but I guess it was just time for me to get on the soapbox and do a little ranting. I have gotten to that boiling point I guess.

W Illinois looks like they are a salty squad, I was just using McNeese state as an example.

Grizfan-24 said:
God forbid, me a sugarcoater. I would rather die. I may be preaching to the choir a bit, but I guess it was just time for me to get on the soapbox and do a little ranting. I have gotten to that boiling point I guess.

W Illinois looks like they are a salty squad, I was just using McNeese state as an example.

I know....just yankin your chain there. Anywho....I sometimes wonder if message boards are a bad thing over all. I mean, you got a bunch of people that can hide behind there screen name...and post crap. That is a bad combo when it comes to competitive sports....

Plus, I think that somethings get beat to death.....or blown out of proportion. Like the whole booing thing.....While I was back for homecoming, I noticed maybe a few hundred fans booed some stuff a few times. Now I am no rocket scientist, but I know that we are talkin less than 2% of the fans are booing less than2% of the time thoughout the game. But than you come to the message board, and you would swear that the devil himself is in the crowd leading the boo's for the whole freakin game. The people that right these things are against the few that BOO.....however, they are making it seem like a way bigger deal than it is by even bringing it up. They are fanning the flames....with message board fodder. Plus we got kids from the team that read the message board crap.....so it gives morons like Bear Axed a chance to spew his crap when somebody disagrees with the pesimists.....then Joe Player reads that and thinks that A LOT of fans feel that way because there are two or three guys that get all negative......it is bad, but to post against it only makes it worse.

As for the case with the guy who wrote to the editor....a rebutal is most definately in order. There are always the AZ's and Bear Axed of the world...who would b!tch if ya hung 'em with a new rope.....But most of us are with you....even if we don't see everything the exact same. That is why I started the POLL thread....to let people vote as to how they feel about this team....and as I said, I'll bet that an overwhelming majority are positive about where this team is.

As for W. Illinios.....I would rather not have to play at Macomb in the playoffs this year. They are solid. But I would love for them to come to Wa/Griz.....we still owe them for 97! :wink:

I really don't think there are that many negative fans out there. I think the booing at the games should stop, you might be booing the play calling and the men on that field might know that but it's still booing and they know what that means. I don't think that does alot for the team. I have been very frustrated by some of the play calling, but the bottom line is the team is winning. As long as they keep winning, who care how. I still think the Griz are going to have a blowout game where everything clicks.

If both UM and W. Ill win out the road to the NC will be through Macomb(i think-our "regional matchup will be either Gateway or Southlan)...and if we do win out our regular season it will mean we're rolling and IMHO we'll do well in the playoffs. on the other hand if we limp into the playoffs, meaning if we lose one or two more games or if we litterally limp into the playoffs with many injuries like last year we'll have our work cut out for us.

GrizMania said:
On the other hand if we limp into the playoffs, meaning if we lose one or two more games or if we litterally limp into the playoffs with many injuries like last year we'll have our work cut out for us.

Only for one game. Then we're done.

Because of this board (and my wife) I no longer boo when the other team enters the stadium or leaves the stadium.

I still can't resist booing the refs when they blow a call. Sorry this is going to take time to refrain from this.

I do feel better about myself before, during and after the games for not booing!

Amazing Therapy!
GrizDrool

Ref booing is perfectly acceptable - in fact I thinkthe refs expect it.

I love the Budwesier ads that have the ref talking in that very way

True . . . True

*snicker*

GeauxGriz said:
Like the whole booing thing.....While I was back for homecoming, I noticed maybe a few hundred fans booed some stuff a few times. Now I am no rocket scientist, but I know that we are talkin less than 2% of the fans are booing less than2% of the time thoughout the game. But than you come to the message board, and you would swear that the devil himself is in the crowd leading the boo's for the whole freakin game. The people that right these things are against the few that BOO.....however, they are making it seem like a way bigger deal than it is by even bringing it up. They are fanning the flames....with message board fodder. Plus we got kids from the team that read the message board crap....

I agree with you Geaux. It is a "few bad apples" spoiling it for the rest of us, and that give some people the wrong impression about Griz fans.

Although (like I posted elsewhere) I think that some of the most vocal pessimists are getting worse. At the same homecoming game, an obnoxious fan was constantly yelling profanity and ripping our team & coaches. Eventually, one Griz player turned around and told this obnoxious fan to "shut up".

I don't want the players' attitudes to change, because of a few A-Holes. We might have to buy them a tube of Preparation H.

Go Griz!

Back