• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The Dance Begins (Sorta)

IdaGriz01

In case you missed it, the NCAA tournament has begun: At this moment, NC A&T and Liberty are playing as part of the tournament "First Four." (What a crock! I suppose calling it the "play-in" game hurt someones itty-bitty feelings.)

The game is being shown on TRU-TV (DirecTV 246). A&T had a good lead at the half, but Liberty has cut that down. Bad as Liberty's record is, we picked them because of their late-season run (not that we really give a s**t). It's hard to judge the talent on the squads (vs the Griz or big-name teams) because they seem fairly evenly matched -- but the effort is certainly there.

Middle Tenn vs St. Mary's is on after this one.

Might as well start with 128 or 256 as far as I'm concerned. First 4 concept is a joke, they can call it what they want but the tourney doesn't start until Thursday.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

stubbins said:
good ending on that one, holy shitoly...foul much?
Even weak teams can have a barn-burner if they're evenly matched.

About the same time, the "saintly NIT" ended with an exciting buzzer-beater (St John's 63 vs St Joseph's 61).

These are play in games. To me tournament begins Thursday. Out of curiosity, being the round of 64 is considered 2nd round now, should we not get 2nd round money too? According to the NCAA they consider us in a 2nd round game.

grizfnz said:
Might as well start with 128 or 256 as far as I'm concerned. First 4 concept is a joke, they can call it what they want but the tourney doesn't start until Thursday.
I tend to agree. But -- What the Hell! -- the NCAA spouts an endless stream of stupid bulls**t. It's what they do.

How about this: In the NIT, Robert Morris leads Kentucky by 10 points with about 10 min left in the game. How cool would it be (for Kentucky haters) for them to exit in the first round?

IdaGriz01 said:
grizfnz said:
I tend to agree. But -- What the Hell! -- the NCAA spouts an endless stream of stupid bulls**t. It's what they do.

right on dude. it reminds me of how the griz footballers are suposdly in the 'championship' sub division of d1 when there actually d2 and the real teams that have real championships like alabama play in the 'bowl' sub division.

wtf :lol: :lol: :lol:

IdaGriz01 said:
grizfnz said:

How about this: In the NIT, Robert Morris leads Kentucky by 10 points with about 10 min left in the game. How cool would it be (for Kentucky haters) for them to exit in the first round?
They just did.

Back