• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The BW of Grizzly basketball

alabamagrizzly

Who is our Brint of the grizzly bball forum. Who gives us all we need to know on how we're playin', how the bad guys are playin', and how we match up? Who is my Griz bball guru?

In my opinion, mtgrizrule does a great job of breaking down basketball information and providing post game recaps. :thumb:

get'em_griz said:
In my opinion, mtgrizrule does a great job of breaking down basketball information and providing post game recaps. :thumb:
I will second that. Beyond the bball knowledge, last year I asked him about sending my kids to a game without a parental unit and his advice was pretty damn good!

This is an easy one....jon has the best survey of the entire conference and Citay gives a good fan's eye view, and MtGrizrule offers a nice biased report that is often right on.

alabamagrizzly said:
Who is our Brint of the grizzly bball forum. Who gives us all we need to know on how we're playin', how the bad guys are playin', and how we match up? Who is my Griz bball guru?

In my mind it is grizzlyjournal. He does a great job.

of the fans who post here most regularly, none lives in missoula. i'm lucky if i see the griz play once, maybe twice a year. griz rule comes closest to brint and i always look forward to reading his posts, but i worry that he'll go blind watching exhibition games on big sky tv. other knowledgeable and passionate posters to this board:
mslacat: oh, were he a griz fan! we'd have our guy! still, if ever we meet, ripple and chef boyardee on me, mr. cat.
jon: best knowledge of the conference, hands down. he's such a treasure, he should move to the treasure state.
player rep, grizbacker 1: footballers both, but can generally be relied upon for good inside information if they happen to be strolling past the basketball offices. (backer got the scoop on cherry's signing.)
grizla: brings sophistication and perspective to the board. cab and steak for this guy.
grizjournal: great guy, compatible spirit, more inside info that he lets on. obviously goes back to the glory era of montana basketball. may well be known for the quote: "desperation is not attractive."
argh!: notorious one-on-one basketball legend (we're talking helena here, folks.) lights up the football board with his witicisms, so his one post a year here is always worth the wait.
all weather fan: jay leno, disguised as a rodeo clown.

Thanx for the insight. On egriz it's important to know who u can trust to give good knowledge and who to not take too seriously.

citay said:
of the fans who post here most regularly, none lives in missoula. i'm lucky if i see the griz play once, maybe twice a year. griz rule comes closest to brint and i always look forward to reading his posts, but i worry that he'll go blind watching exhibition games on big sky tv. other knowledgeable and passionate posters to this board:
mslacat: oh, were he a griz fan! we'd have our guy! still, if ever we meet, ripple and chef boyardee on me, mr. cat.
jon: best knowledge of the conference, hands down. he's such a treasure, he should move to the treasure state.
player rep, grizbacker 1: footballers both, but can generally be relied upon for good inside information if they happen to be strolling past the basketball offices. (backer got the scoop on cherry's signing.)
grizla: brings sophistication and perspective to the board. cab and steak for this guy.
grizjournal: great guy, compatible spirit, more inside info that he lets on. obviously goes back to the glory era of montana basketball. may well be known for the quote: "desperation is not attractive."
argh!: notorious one-on-one basketball legend (we're talking helena here, folks.) lights up the football board with his witicisms, so his one post a year here is always worth the wait.
all weather fan: jay leno, disguised as a rodeo clown.

Yep. Pretty good list. But you gotta add yourself too, citay.

Yes, citay is our California correspondent, resident scout, and goodwill ambassador.

I enjoy reading the posts of everybody mentioned above.

Thanks for the mention all. Got admit, the basketball forum has so much less drama. I even enjoy most other team fans joining in here. The basketball fans for the most part are much more level headed.

Believe me, I miss taking in the live action more than anyone will know. Wayne has earned my respect as a coach and very hard for me to expect anything less than contending for the conference championship, even with a questionable front line. It usually takes me until conference play to get a decent to good feel for his teams. He does a lot of in game experimenting during out of conference play. That used to annoy me. Now I understand that is to make his team the best it can be for conference play. His goal is getting the 1 conference invite every year. I will be surprised if any team but Weber State gets to the NCAA tourney this season. If one team can do it though, It can be the GRIZ!

I seriously think we are a better team this year than last. I may be proven wrong, but having several guards that can shoot very well always opens up the inside game. And believe me, I think we need the inside game to be opened up because we have little to no power game inside and we need room for our bigs to get a shot off. I like Kemp's athleticism, but he will need some playing time to become less nervous from what I have seen so far. Gfeller is solid and I am excited about his upside. I think we are much more athletic this year, but we could miss the pure shooting from 8-10 feet we had last year with Mathias Ward. Hutchison has more mass, but still got checked by a smaller defender from L&C because he can't get airborne. Martin has put on a little muscle but Wayne hardly played him in two blowouts, so that makes me think he doesn't have confidence in him either. Weisner is bigger this year and still has a great outside shot to go with his slashing skills. Dunn, for being young, is a solid defender and every bit as quick to the hole as Cherry. Plus, he has a better outside shot now than Will had as a senior from what I can see.

Latest posts

Back