• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Texas Game Viewing Help!

AZGrizFan

DONOR
Might as well get this started early, in case I have to make hotel reservations....

Having recently relocated to San Antonio, I'm distraught that there is only ONE bar that plays ONE game (and that's the Griz/sCat game) in the entire fucking STATE. Does anyone out there know of anywhere else in the state that either CAN or is WILLING to play the games if requested?

After 19 years of going to Dukes in Scottsdale every Saturday, I don't know what the hell I'm going to do with myself if I can't go watch Griz football during the fall/winter. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

HELP!!

Just another reason to avoid Texas.

My brother-in-law is a Texan and has said that you'll generally find limited interest/coverage outside of UTexas, Texas A&M, Baylor, Texas Tech and regional SEC/Big 12 schools. Some love given to the big time high school programs. Collective blank stares if you express interest in FCS programs.

Drum up some U of M alumni support in Austin and see if you can convince a local bar to pull in satellite coverage?

MT Jack said:
Just another reason to avoid Texas.

My brother-in-law is a Texan and has said that you'll generally find limited interest/coverage outside of UTexas, Texas A&M, Baylor, Texas Tech and regional SEC/Big 12 schools. Some love given to the big time high school programs. Collective blank stares if you express interest in FCS programs.

Drum up some U of M alumni support in Austin and see if you can convince a local bar to pull in satellite coverage?

I'm considering contacting the UM Alumni contact and trying to do just that... :evil:

AZNowTxGrizFan,

You should be able to get the Root games on cable or Dish by getting the expanded sports package. Costs about $5 per month.

EverettGriz said:
AZNowTxGrizFan,

You should be able to get the Root games on cable or Dish by getting the expanded sports package. Costs about $5 per month.

I have DirecTv and I've seen every game they've televised. I can think of a half dozen sports bars in this town of about 200,000 with enough screens that they wouldn't put a game on for you somewhere. San Antonio is one of the ten largest cities in the U.S. There has to be a Buffalo Wild Wings or a Fox & Hound or any other big sports tavern chain restaurant somewhere near you.

People around here are big on WTAMU football which is a DII institution with a bitching fan base that whines constantly about moving up into better competition. Football is all local, I mean - what do you expect?

TxGriz said:
EverettGriz said:
AZNowTxGrizFan,

I have DirecTv and I've seen every game they've televised. I can think of a half dozen sports bars in this town of about 200,000 with enough screens that they wouldn't put a game on for you somewhere. San Antonio is one of the ten largest cities in the U.S. There has to be a Buffalo Wild Wings or a Fox & Hound or any other big sports tavern chain restaurant somewhere near you.

People around here are big on WTAMU football which is a DII institution with a bitching fan base that whines constantly about moving up into better competition. Football is all local, I mean - what do you expect?

That's good news. I have the directv premier package and got Root Sports in Phoenix but wasn't sure if that was a regional thing and if it would still be part of the package in San Antonio. Ten again, that does not solve my App State dilemma. :twisted:

AZGrizFan said:
TxGriz said:
EverettGriz said:
AZNowTxGrizFan,

That's good news. I have the directv premier package and got Root Sports in Phoenix but wasn't sure if that was a regional thing and if it would still be part of the package in San Antonio. Ten again, that does not solve my App State dilemma. :twisted:

I'm in the same boat as you, AZ! I just moved to Houston and I am hoping there will be a local place here that shows our games this year. This is the only way I'll be able to watch the Root Sports games this year.

Like you I just relocated to San Antonio, TX less than a month ago.

Let's stay in touch with Griz viewing options and possibly get together for a meet & greet & beer.

Last year somebody from TX posted that 239-1 worked for them on DirectTV. It was how I watched Griz games in NY & VA. That channel is only up during football season but showed all the Big Sky games. No extra package or anything- it came standard!

FCS Go! said:
Last year somebody from TX posted that 239-1 worked for them on DirectTV. It was how I watched Griz games in NY & VA. That channel is only up during football season but showed all the Big Sky games. No extra package or anything- it came standard!

My In-Laws had the same deal in Nashville...it's pretty sweet...although there are only 4 griz-root games this season :(

I'm moving to Big Sky, MT, will there be Griz options around, or will I be blanketed by sCat coverage? Also, does anyone know if there is a secret Grizzly Den of members whom meet up in Bozo to watch away games?

GlacierGrizX said:
I'm moving to Big Sky, MT, will there be Griz options around, or will I be blanketed by sCat coverage? Also, does anyone know if there is a secret Grizzly Den of members whom meet up in Bozo to watch away games?

I think your best bet might be Buffalo Wild Wings in Boze. I can't think of a single bar in Bozeman that was pro-Griz, just a few that tolerated em. :) But I haven't been there for a few years now.

Big Sky should be Optimum so you should have same viewing options as anywhere in the state.

CatzWillRise said:
GlacierGrizX said:

I think your best bet might be Buffalo Wild Wings in Boze. I can't think of a single bar in Bozeman that was pro-Griz, just a few that tolerated em. :) But I haven't been there for a few years now.

Big Sky should be Optimum so you should have same viewing options as anywhere in the state.

There is a couple of "hole in the wall" joints that should let you change the channell on one of there tvs

Back