• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ten Places ESPN Gameday Needs To Visit

GRZFTBL

:coffee:

http://www.bloguin.com/crystalballrun/2013-articles/september/ten-places-college-gameday-needs-to-visit.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

- Montana (game suggestion: Brawl of the Wild): By all accounts the Montana stadium location is amongst the most picturesque in all of college football and the team has played some great football over the past few decades.

The Brawl of the Wild, the rivalry between Montana and Montana State should be the setting for the visit as well. All the game is is the oldest FCS rivalry West of the Mississippi River for cryin' out loud. They play for the Great Divide Trophy on an annual basis and seriously, take a look at that location... How could they not want to put that as a backdrop for the game?

Montana also happens to have won a few national championships and is currently just outside the Top 10 in the latest FCS poll, so at least it isn't just about the setting or the rivalry itself.

Unfortunately, the Grizzlies have been in the headlines for all the wrong reasons off the field and it may be awhile before ESPN would ever consider visiting the Mizzoula campus. Perhaps visit for a redemption story when the house gets cleaned off the field? We all know how much ESPN loves those stories.

If we continue to steamroll everyone and win the National Championship, we will give ourselves a chance of hosting ESPN GameDay next season.

Grizzaholic said:
If we continue to steamroll everyone and win the National Championship, we will give ourselves a chance of hosting ESPN GameDay next season.

...or two...Beating Kansas State certainly didn't hurt either...

GRZFTBL said:

http://www.bloguin.com/crystalballrun/2013-articles/september/ten-places-college-gameday-needs-to-visit.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

- Montana (game suggestion: Brawl of the Wild): By all accounts the Montana stadium location is amongst the most picturesque in all of college football and the team has played some great football over the past few decades.

The Brawl of the Wild, the rivalry between Montana and Montana State should be the setting for the visit as well. All the game is is the oldest FCS rivalry West of the Mississippi River for cryin' out loud. They play for the Great Divide Trophy on an annual basis and seriously, take a look at that location... How could they not want to put that as a backdrop for the game?

Montana also happens to have won a few national championships and is currently just outside the Top 10 in the latest FCS poll, so at least it isn't just about the setting or the rivalry itself.

Unfortunately, the Grizzlies have been in the headlines for all the wrong reasons off the field and it may be awhile before ESPN would ever consider visiting the Mizzoula campus. Perhaps visit for a redemption story when the house gets cleaned off the field? We all know how much ESPN loves those stories.
Somebody needs a spell check and to relook at the map for how to spell

Why are so many Griz fans obsessed with ESPN GameDay? There are multiple threads on GameDay on page 1. Just kidding. Thx for posting.

Win back to back NCs and dominate for 5 years then maybe they consider it until then why come here.......seriously?

HighLineGRIZ said:
Grizzaholic said:

...or two...Beating Kansas State certainly didn't hurt either...

There's a few around the office who bet on games and I made it known I wanted to put $100 down on NDSU early on. They told me the line, but I said I don't care,about place or show this is a win bet. I am known around there for being a fan of the Griz and FCS. Anyway, it made big news here where we have a few K State alumn in the office. Some of the high up execs even commented on it. I followed that up with the score of the Griz and Appy State whom they also remembered.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Win back to back NCs and dominate for 5 years then maybe they consider it until then why come here.......seriously?

Some school called App State three-peated and beat Michigan in the Big House and never hosted GameDay.

Seriously, you may want to see your doctor about that perma-hard on you have for the Bizon.

Htowngriz said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Some school called App State three-peated and beat Michigan in the Big House and never hosted GameDay.

This. to the Nth degree.

Good for NDSU though. App. State paid their dues, but it was just bad timing I guess.

GRZFTBL said:

The brawl would be awesome, but I doubt it will ever happen on the date because there are usually a lot of big name rivalry games that weekend. I would rather see them do it during the playoffs when we have a really amped up crowd.

Back