• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Team support

usmc67

This is the first time I have posted on this board even though Ihave been reading the messages for some time. I finally felt compelled to speak out. We as fans have to be supportive of the team & coaches & give them time to get their program together, not matter how good or bad they do. They cannot afford to have the fair weather fans & negative comments show up on the board totally bitching at them.
Being a Marine,we have a well known saying, SEMPER FI- Always faithfull. So irreregardless of how good or bad the griz are doing,we need to stick with them. I have 3 coworkers who are MSU grads & they are totally gleefull that the Griz have lost & are talking about all the fairweather fans jumping off the bandwagon and bitching about the Griz loss. They also feel that the Griz will be lucky to wind half of their games this year because of the coaching and the poor playing by the players.
Bottom line,we have to stand by the Griz & support them this year. If Hauck has a couple of bad years and Kennedy fails toturn around the mens basketball team,then we need to start looking at Hogan first to explain what went wrong since he hired these people. Let the coaches do their job & see what happens before we run them out of town on the rail tarred & feathered.

:(

After the shock finally calmed down from last Sat I started getting my Griz buzzzzzz back and I'm ready to give my all and my vocal cords to our Griz! So let's get out there and support them and show them that we are a part of the Griz nation and are ready to rumble!

Semper Fi usmc67, Semper Fi brother. One game at a time...And as Carlos Hathcock used to do it...One Shot, One Kill. GO GRIZ!!!

!!! TO ALL OF THE ABOVE POSTS---me too me too me too!!! I have been waiting for someone to say that USMC. So I'm weighing in. Yes, absolutely---let's get behind them and stuff the idiot naysayers from other teams! None of them opened their yaps until we lost, the chickens. I tell you what---I'd love the Griz to win the next couple, and I think they will. But if they don't, as long as they play their hardest, I'm willing to go along with a couple of losses while they're learning the plays and each other. Then, let er rip!!!!!!!

Count me in. They may take our message board, but they can never take OUR FREEDOM!!!

I'm not a Marine but I am a Veteran. I do understand "to the last man" brotherhood. Being a "fan" is like being married. In "sickness and in health," till death do we part.... Go Griz

Semper Fi Griz fans. Hey no matter how critical fans have been they are ever faithful.

We are in shock alot of us. We blew a 24-2 halftime lead to a Div II team, it has shaken confidence big time. If we weren't faithful we wouldn't care. A woman bitches at a man while she still loves him and needs him to change something that is making her unhappy. That man is in trouble when she stops bitching because then she NO LONGER CARES.

This was the most shocking loss anyone can remember. Please name one more unexpected. I can't think of one.

We will need the team to win a couple games convincingly to get our confidence back. Our faithfulness is still a long ways from being tested.

Good posts, and i agree with ronbo.

It reminds me of my kids.
I will NEVER quit loving them, yet if they get a D on a report card and we both know they should have got a B i'm gonna voice my dissappointment. And help them to achieve their potential.

ronbo said:
This was the most shocking loss anyone can remember. Please name one more unexpected. I can't think of one.
While it probably doesn't compare to last weekends fiasco, I feel the loss to Southern Utah (at home) was a serious downer. Another example of a team that I thought was underestimated. That was another loss that I had a hard time swallowing!

Agent 00Pike said:
ronbo said:
While it probably doesn't compare to last weekends fiasco, I feel the loss to Southern Utah (at home) was a serious downer. Another example of a team that I thought was underestimated. That was another loss that I had a hard time swallowing!

Man, I hope that this years team does a little better than that team! Was that 1997?

I believe that one was in 98'. I can't remember where the Griz were ranked at that time either, but it seems we were in the top 10 at that time too.

I am getting so stoked for Saturday!!! I am really looking forward to the BIG plays!!!

The Griz will step it up, and battle it out!

I CAN"T WAIT TO YELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO GRIZ!

LET"S GO O!

COME ON D!

I've been reading this board for months now, everyday in fact, and have been to lazy to register. Usually just like to read peoples thoughts on the Griz. Figured I might as well finally join the club.
As far as I'm concerned, I think this weekend will really show a lot. I don't see the Griz going .500 this year. I think we either win this weekend and run the table or lose this weekend and have a really long year. Two things though, win or lose, this is a damn good team with a lot of talent and I'll be pulling for them through thick and thin. Second, I don't care how the records end up this year between us and the Cats, there is no way we lose to them again. My prediction, the greatest show on earth gets back on track this weekend and crushes the Cats :fist: on the way to Chatt, TN.
Go Griz!

Incorrect answer. The Cats will win again, in Bozeman, by a touchdown or less. Just my prediction :D

Regarding your take on tomorrow's game, I disagree. I thinkif they win, it will be a huge confidence boost and propel them to a winning season, but they won't win out, not in the Big Sky. Secondly, if they lose, it will hurt but I think they would still have time to turn around and possibly make a run at the BS title. IMO it all depends on if the coaches can step up, turn the negatives into positives and motivate.

Just an un-biased opinion from a Bobcat fan!!! :wink:

Geez Poorgriz, you sound like a decent guy---sure you're a Cat fan?? :D Just kidding. Great news about Kane, thanks for sharing. It's always nice to hear about kids that really go all out. Also nice to see some of the meaner barbs going out of the Griz/Cat rivalry--we SHOULD be rivals, but need to keep it healthy.

Back