• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

TARGETS ON THEIR BACKS...??

rimrockgriz

Current or former Griz players...(let's say rostered 2010 or later) Are they a target?? Are they given the pass the first time?? Keep it recent. Social media, smart phones, it's a different world out there now. You can be having a red beer at the zoo and someone is letting the dark knights know the second you start your engine. BEWARE !!!

When you're an athlete and are representing a school, you have a target on you. Easy solution? Stay out of trouble. Not hard to figure out.

Hmm...during the last ten years we have had 1500 to 2000 young men go through the "I was a Griz football player" status and with that brings a "right" from the news media to expound on that fact!

And so it goes. Many times it comes out as "news" that an ex Griz did some dirty deed that is scorned upon by all readers. Seems to be the current state of mind.

Some old Griz tend to laugh it off. Of course all ex Griz need to walk a straight line and that ends the saga, period. Until then expect more of the same.

Umista said:
Hmm...during the last ten years we have had 1500 to 2000 young men go through the "I was a Griz football player" status and with that brings a "right" from the news media to expound on that fact!

And so it goes. Many times it comes out as "news" that an ex Griz did some dirty deed that is scorned upon by all readers. Seems to be the current state of mind.

Some old Griz tend to laugh it off. Of course all ex Griz need to walk a straight line and that ends the saga, period. Until then expect more of the same.

I agree with you Umista, although I would estimate that the number of Griz players over the last decade to be closer to 300-400 rather than 1500 to 2000 (unless the Griz suit up 150 to 200 new players every year that I didn't know about ;) ).

rimrockgriz said:
Current or former Griz players...(let's say rostered 2010 or later) Are they a target?? Are they given the pass the first time?? Keep it recent. Social media, smart phones, it's a different world out there now. You can be having a red beer at the zoo and someone is letting the dark knights know the second you start your engine. BEWARE !!!

If you drive without your headlights at night, then yes, you have a target on your back.

awesome thread. :thumb:

if you have drinks and drive without headlights on then you have a target on your back. if you drive 80 mph in a 45 you have a target on your back. if you rob a bank you have a target on your back. if you text while driving you have a target on your back. if you have sex with a passed out chick after a night of drinking you have a target on your back....

see the pattern? :lol:

ilovethecats said:

if you have drinks and drive without headlights on then you have a target on your back. if you drive 80 mph in a 45 you have a target on your back. if you rob a bank you have a target on your back. if you text while driving you have a target on your back. if you have sex with a passed out chick after a night of drinking you have a target on your back....

I'm thinking about Nate Bagnitwit...drunken birthday... purported posession of stolen goods...The son of scat royalty??? :eek:

rimrockgriz said:
ilovethecats said:

I'm thinking about Nate Bagnitwit...drunken birthday... purported posession of stolen goods...The son of scat royalty??? :eek:

unfortunately i can't comprehend whatever it was you were trying to write here. however, i assume that you want to point to cat athletes and things they have done to be in trouble with the law. if this is indeed the case then my stance still doesn't change. for instance, the idiots on the cat team that decided to break into cars. i don't think there was a "target on their backs" because they are athetes. or black. or males. or any other asinine excuse people wanna come up with. i think they have a "target on their backs" because they are morons that broke the law....

ilovethecats said:
rimrockgriz said:
ilovethecats said:

unfortunately i can't comprehend whatever it was you were trying to write here. however, i assume that you want to point to cat athletes and things they have done to be in trouble with the law. if this is indeed the case then my stance still doesn't change. for instance, the idiots on the cat team that decided to break into cars. i don't think there was a "target on their backs" because they are athetes. or black. or males. or any other asinine excuse people wanna come up with. i think they have a "target on their backs" because they are morons that broke the law....
I pulled a lot of shit...never saw the inside of a police cruiser...not even close. in fact I ... well my numbers come up lilly... I made no comments initially that even inferred felonies. I now see bullseyes...

I wish we could get back to discussing the target on the back of our football opponent. Maybe NDSU would be a good place to start. A big red f'ing target on those piss yellow and bugor green uniforms.

Concerning my numbers, perhaps I am over a bit but many of you do not realize the kids on the practice team and the walk ons and others that put time on the field. Stubborn yes but in all over 1,000 kids go thru as student assistants players etc in (the last ten years!)

My point is mostly about men like Sir Washington, Jason that was really bad to worse as a player yet he makes headlines as an ex QB. He indeed played QB but was not worth much as a player. He was a bad recruit. Not a thug at the time but now what is he? A late bloomer?

Back