• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Take A Look At This

grizcountry420

Looks like the defense needs to get back to the basics... This picture just shows how pathetic our tackling was last weekend. I sure hope it improves. This looks like little grizzly football!

5248d09c2a5c7.preview-620.jpg

grizcountry420 said:
Looks like the defense needs to get back to the basics... This picture just shows how pathetic our tackling was last weekend. I sure hope it improves. This looks like little grizzly football!

What is the old saying? A picture is worth a thousand words..? :egriz:

Looks like Brock Coyle is trying to strip the football and it appears that four Grizzly defenders are rallying to the ball to make a play to me.

grizaremoregooder said:
Looks like Brock Coyle is trying to strip the football and it appears that four Grizzly defenders are rallying to the ball to make a play to me.
I see a guy on his ass... Tulley arm tackling and Whitted doing the polka. Coyle showed up and played super all game...13 tackles I believe. Take off the sunglasses. :egriz:

grizcountry420 said:

P.S. - "low man wins in football"... :egriz:

Interesting quote in that article was the nau qb saying they could get anything they wanted at the line of scrimmage. That he had no pressure and was able to get comfortable. Uh Tye your job seems to be to make sure his position is anything but comfortable. If you don't know what that is ask Jordy. WE GOT HAMMERED IN THE TRENCHES ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL! So I have to ask myself.......is that Holmes,Takai, Bienimun(sp), and Wags along with Coyle, Tripp, and JP are incapable of such a task? Or is the scheme wrong?

bigkid said:
Interesting quote in that article was the nau qb saying they could get anything they wanted at the line of scrimmage. That he had no pressure and was able to get comfortable. Uh Tye your job seems to be to make sure his position is anything but comfortable. If you don't know what that is ask Jordy. WE GOT HAMMERED IN THE TRENCHES ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL! So I have to ask myself.......is that Holmes,Takai, Bienimun(sp), and Wags along with Coyle, Tripp, and JP are incapable of such a task? Or is the scheme wrong?

We played "Paulson Ball".. Ty loves playing Paulson Ball. Rush 4 the entire game and didnt make any type of changes.. He isnt making the most out of our players.

grizcountry420 said:
bigkid said:

We played "Paulson Ball".. Ty loves playing Paulson Ball. Rush 4 the entire game and didnt make any type of changes.. He isnt making the most out of our players.

Agree totally. God, I wish Breske was back!

That picture is bad, but this looks worse to me:

Um 1-10 at Um43 Jordan Johnson pass complete to Ellis Henderson for 10 yards to the NAU47, 1ST DOWN UM (Anders Battle).
Um 1-10 at Nau47 Jordan Johnson pass incomplete to Chase Naccarato, QB hurry by Austin Hasquet.
Um 2-10 at Nau47 Jordan Johnson sacked for loss of 7 yards to the UM46 (Anders Battle;Marc Thompson).
Um 3-17 at Um46 Timeout Montana, clock 01:31.
Um 3-17 at Um46 PENALTY UM false start (Trevor Poole) 5 yards to the UM41.
Um 3-22 at Um41 PENALTY UM false start (Danny Kistler) 5 yards to the UM36.
Um 3-27 at Um36 Jordan Canada rush for 1 yard to the UM37 (Steven Garcia).
Um 4-26 at Um37 Timeout NORTHERN ARIZONA, clock 01:24.
Um 4-26 at Um37 Stephen Shaw punt 50 yards to the NAU13, downed.
Drive: 5 plays, 12 yards, TOP 00:47
Nau 1-10 at Nau13 NORTHERN ARIZONA drive start at 01:16.
Nau 1-10 at Nau13 Zach Bauman rush for 4 yards to the NAU17 (Joshua Dennard;Zack Wagenmann).
Nau 2-6 at Nau17 Zach Bauman rush for 16 yards to the NAU33, 1ST DOWN NAU (Justin Whitted).
Nau 1-10 at Nau33 Kyren Poe pass intercepted by Jordan Tripp at the NAU39, Jordan Tripp return 0 yards to the NAU39.
Drive: 3 plays, 20 yards, TOP 01:01
Um 1-10 at Nau39 MONTANA drive start at 00:15.
Um 1-10 at Nau39 PENALTY UM false start (Trevor Poole) 5 yards to the NAU44.
Um 1-15 at Nau44 Jordan Johnson pass incomplete to Ellis Henderson.
Um 2-15 at Nau44 Jordan Johnson pass incomplete to Taylor Walcott (Lucky Dozier), QB hurry by Tim Wilkinson.
Um 3-15 at Nau44 End of half, clock 00:00.

That would be on the top of my list of things to worry about.

Grizbeer said:

Um 1-10 at Um43 Jordan Johnson pass complete to Ellis Henderson for 10 yards to the NAU47, 1ST DOWN UM (Anders Battle).
Um 1-10 at Nau47 Jordan Johnson pass incomplete to Chase Naccarato, QB hurry by Austin Hasquet.
Um 2-10 at Nau47 Jordan Johnson sacked for loss of 7 yards to the UM46 (Anders Battle;Marc Thompson).
Nau 1-10 at Nau13 Zach Bauman rush for 4 yards to the NAU17 (Joshua Dennard;Zack Wagenmann).
Nau 2-6 at Nau17 Zach Bauman rush for 16 yards to the NAU33, 1ST DOWN NAU (Justin Whitted).
Nau 1-10 at Nau33 Kyren Poe pass intercepted by Jordan Tripp at the NAU39, Jordan Tripp return 0 yards to the NAU39.
Um 2-15 at Nau44 Jordan Johnson pass incomplete to Taylor Walcott (Lucky Dozier), QB hurry by Tim Wilkinson.

Yeah O-line didnt even show up. It must have been the elevation that wiped memory on how to play..

hollybear said:
grizcountry420 said:
bigkid said:

Agree totally. God, I wish Breske was back!
I put this loss more on Ty than anyone else. I said prior to the game that we need to be prepared to stop the run from an over-loaded or unbalanced front. Whadya know, Bauman's first (long) TD (just like last year) was from an over-load formation with the Griz way out of position. Just like last year, if there were any adjustments, it came way too late as the Griz would then bite on the overload each time leaving play action wide open. The overload works perfect against Ty's simple base D because of our tendancy to over pursue.

That pick says alot, when a tackiling a guy like Bauman you gotta stick a helmet right in his chest and wrap up, at least slow him up for help to get there, and when the help gets there drive his ass into the ground, not run up and try and grab ahold of an arm. The other defensive tackle technique that drives me nuts is the diving at the legs without your arms extended to wrap up, some of our guys, Tully, JP 52, Goodwin, and all the other d backs, are all guilty of that.

JayLarson said:
That pick says alot, when a tackiling a guy like Bauman you gotta stick a helmet right in his chest and wrap up, at least slow him up for help to get there, and when the help gets there drive his ass into the ground, not run up and try and grab ahold of an arm. The other defensive tackle technique that drives me nuts is the diving at the legs without your arms extended to wrap up, some of our guys, Tully, JP 52, Goodwin, and all the other d backs, are all guilty of that.

See, even you dont know how to tackle. The problem is they are sticking helmets in his chest and that isnt getting it done against a horse like Baumann.

Low pad wins.........

Head up, wrap up, waist down or lower and he isnt going anywhere. Is it easy to do it right? No, but thats why you practice. This isnt just a problem at UM it starts in little guy football and sucks on the way up through JR high, Sr High college and then in the pros.

Everybody wants to throw a shoulder and blow something up instead of being a technician and getting the job done ugly.

NDSU is one of the few teams that tackles the right way, there is only one or two guys on that team that dont consistently wrap up when tackling......hence why they hold people under 0 yards rushing.

Ok I should have made this clear, by helmet i was referring to the facemask area in the chest, not the crown of the helmet. Head up and driving through him and wrap the hell up.

grizcountry420 said:
Grizbeer said:

Yeah O-line didnt even show up. It must have been the elevation that wiped memory on how to play..

I have been in a few team meetings where the head coach did this very thing in front of the whole team....then the question, what were you doing.....then breaking out into position meetings and going through film to justify what was said....this is very in your face type thing , but objective and no place to hide........this also went for the position coaches,,,,,

Back