• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Taiwan Jones

spokompton griz

Converted to CB. Will be interesting to see how he does. Playing against the Cowboys tonight Should see a lot of him I'm guessing.

At least if he does make a mistake on coverage he should be able to catch anyone he is going against :)

best of luck to him. god knows he's got the tools

and with this:
" Charles Woodson, Mike Jenkins and Tracy Porter have all taken Jones in to teach and advise him about cornerback."
http://www.sportsmedia101.com/oaklandraiders/2013/08/05/oakland-raiders-taiwan-jones-adjusting-and-learning-cornerback-position/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

he just might have a fighting chance

hard to think of a better group of mentors

This is why the Raiders stink. It was obvious he couldn't make it as a RB in the NFL so why waste a 4th round pick on him. I hope he is able to pick up playing CB.

TJ was recruited to EWU as a Corner and played Defense his first year. He had so much speed and the RB position was thin the next year he was moved to RB. His first carry as an Eagle was a 87 yard td and he didn't look back from there.

I still think someone could use him as a 3rd down back or a returner, too much speed, don't really think he was given a fair chance. Hope he can make it as a corner.

grizd said:
This is why the Raiders stink. It was obvious he couldn't make it as a RB in the NFL so why waste a 4th round pick on him. I hope he is able to pick up playing CB.

Is it still a wasted pick if he turns out to be a serviceable corner?

In the nfl world where he will be a free agent in 2 years yes it is. His ticket is as a special teams player.

grizd said:
In the nfl world where he will be a free agent in 2 years yes it is. His ticket is as a special teams player.

When they get to the special needs players, I am available!

Back