• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

T. Poole Coming Back

I think we all saw that coming.

Big question is whether he will be back on scholarship.

GrizPony said:
Show me your post when he got busted that said he will be back. ;)

it was in a thread about connor thomas back in jan.

For the record, I think its ok to give him a 2nd chance. I would say, though, that he should pay his own way this year.

GrizPony said:

My post from October 29:

"If it wasn't Missoula (under scrutiny) and he wasn't a football player, I can't imagine he would even be charged with [a] felony. This should be a diversion if Poole hasn't been in other serious criminal trouble (say you're sorry and won't do it again, do some education, be good for X period of time, and the charge goes off his record).

Mr. Ryan (I assume Paul Ryan) is his attorney. Ryan is a very good criminal attorney. Released without any bail. Has had not prior criminal issues. Was cooperative with law enforcement.

My guess is that he has a reasonable chance of playing (or ought to have the chance) for the Griz in the future, but, of course, not this year."

GrizPony said:
even the harshest fans in terms of punishing players knew he'd be back. personally, i don't think taking scholarship money away is much of a punishment, because my guess is parents end up footing the bill. playing time is what definitely hits players at home. he should sit out 4-6 games.

getgrizzy said:
GrizPony said:
even the harshest fans in terms of punishing players knew he'd be back. personally, i don't think taking scholarship money away is much of a punishment, because my guess is parents end up footing the bill. playing time is what definitely hits players at home. he should sit out 4-6 games.

BS to your comment. At the outset, lots of posters didn't think he'd be back and didn't believe he should be allowed back. Some people were calling for his head. Pony, BDizzle and I were among the few providing some support to him initially, and taking a softer and more reasoned approach--which turned out to be what has occurred.

The athlete code wouldn't appear to call for, or even authorize, anything close to a 4-6 game suspension (altho I don't know the details of how the charges were dropped or have faded away). Maybe 1 game, is what the code seems to indicate (again, dependent on exactly what has happened to the charges). He already sat out winter conditioning and spring ball. The coach can certainly impose more, but I would think the suspension from late last October to now would be taken into account. Note that he already missed several games last fall.

By the way, I think summer voluntary conditioning/practice started this week, maybe yesterday.

PlayerRep said:
getgrizzy said:
GrizPony said:

BS to your comment. At the outset, lots of posters didn't think he'd be back and didn't believe he should be allowed back. Some people were calling for his head. Pony, BDizzle and I were among the few providing some support to him initially, and taking a softer and more reasoned approach--which turned out to be what has occurred.

The athlete code wouldn't appear to call for, or even authorize, anything close to a 4-6 game suspension (altho I don't know the details of how the charges were dropped or have faded away). Maybe 1 game, is what the code seems to indicate (again, dependent on exactly what has happened to the charges). He already sat out winter conditioning and spring ball. The coach can certainly impose more, but I would think the suspension from late last October to now would be taken into account. Note that he already missed several games last fall.

By the way, I think summer voluntary conditioning/practice started this week, maybe yesterday.

Well there's a shocker. Of course, you'd also be all over BD's junk too right now, talking about how you were right about him not getting convicted or rape, and how the victim was just a psycho lying jersey chaser... but unfortunately for you they found the smoking gun evidence against him to prove you wrong.

poorgriz said:
PlayerRep said:
getgrizzy said:
GrizPony said:

Well there's a shocker. Of course, you'd also be all over BD's junk too right now, talking about how you were right about him not getting convicted or rape, and how the victim was just a psycho lying jersey chaser... but unfortunately for you they found the smoking gun evidence against him to prove you wrong.

Is this your admission that your earlier post was in fact total BS? I don't know who or what you're talking about with your latest posts, but I certainly didn't say any of those things.

You said you thought BD was innocent and "In your view" would not be convicted. My point is that had it not been for the recorded phone call where he admitted to rape, you would have been beating your drum about being right, and talking about how he's such a good guy, and how the accuser was a liar... just as many others are now saying about JJ's accuser. Unfortunately, we nly KNOW what happened in one of those cases, regardless of what the lawyers say. It all boils down to your blind support of players that do bad things... and it's really, really annoying.

As another poster once said... you care way more about whether or not players get comvicted of crimes, than about whether they actually commited the crimes or not.

http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=60862&hilit=trevor+poole" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

don't have to go much farther than this thread to see there was plenty of people that thought he'd be back and welcomed him back. :eek:

ilovethecats said:
http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=60862&hilit=trevor+poole

don't have to go much farther than this thread to see there was plenty of people that thought he'd be back and welcomed him back. :eek:

Yeah, of all the thugs and derelicts the fizz have had get into trouble, this guy is probably the least troublesome and probably deserves a 2nd chance.

Cats2506 said:
ilovethecats said:

Yeah, of all the thugs and derelicts the fizz have had get into trouble, this guy is probably the least troublesome and probably deserves a 2nd chance.

God I can't wait for November! Watching the cat fans on their trail of tears as they exit the kitty box in shame and despair sometime in the middle of the 3erd quarter....Again.

ilovethecats said:

True, but that thread was started almost 3 months after the incident, after the plea bargain, and after Pony essentially said he'd be back.

Cats2506 said:
ilovethecats said:

Agree fully. Victimless crime.

Ursa Major said:
Cats2506 said:
ilovethecats said:

God I can't wait for November! Watching the cat fans on their trail of tears as they exit the kitty box in shame and despair sometime in the middle of the 3erd quarter....Again.

Kind of like the exodus from wa wa fizz stadium last year :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvYNBDFxy28[/youtube]

PlayerRep said:
getgrizzy said:
GrizPony said:

:roll: if you want this stuff to keep happening, keep being soft on it. the only thing reasoned about that approach is it's a good way to prolong the problems. sitting the bench will wake these guys up. all this athlete code b.s. is just that. poole needs to ride the pine, not have mommy and daddy pay for a year of school. you don't want that because it might affect the quality of the team on the field. win at all costs much?

Back