• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Super Foods

Cuervohola

DONOR
I am sick of being a lard ass, and am seeking to change my diet... Having been said lazy lard ass for many years, I am going to crazy land... No processed "Food"... Nothing in a box...

I did the math, and juicing vegetables is about $300 a month... Much less than conventional crap food... I'm going to write a book about my journey with pics... Watch the video... It's so simple that a 5 year old could figure it out...

P.S.... Quitting Drinking and Ribs is the last part to go... But If I get back to my muscular playing weight, so be it

http://www.foodmatters.tv/superfood-greens-superfoods" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The one thing I dislike about juicing is you lose all of that great fiber along with the nutrients. I would think shakes would be way better.

Polson is right. My wife got into the whole organic and juicing fad a couple years ago with the thought that juicing allows the body to absorb nutrients better and organic is healthier. All of which, were mostly BS theories from people who are looking to capitalize on these fads say. Eating whole fruits and vegetables is really healthier, because you get all the same nutrients plus the fiber. Also, store bought juice, even the organic healthy kind usually has a bunch of sugar or corn syrup added.

I will give my thumbs up on the Super Greens powder. I get mine from Walgreens at a fairly cheap price and it is every bit as beneficial as the high priced online brands are. I really only take the powder a couple times a week, if I have a day where I didn't get to eat very many servings of veggies.

To be honest, the biggest difference maker for me was eating less processed meats, cheeses, and sweets and eating more non-processed meats (sirloin steak, chicken breasts, fish) and whole foods (whole grain breads/pastas, fruit, vegetables, etc). Doing that, I toned up more than I have for a couple years and just felt much better and energized. Sunday is our cheat day where we get pizza, cheese, cookies, bacon, etc...

Best of luck!

HighLineGRIZ said:
Polson is right. My wife got into the whole organic and juicing fad a couple years ago with the thought that juicing allows the body to absorb nutrients better and organic is healthier. All of which, were mostly BS theories from people who are looking to capitalize on these fads say. Eating whole fruits and vegetables is really healthier, because you get all the same nutrients plus the fiber. Also, store bought juice, even the organic healthy kind usually has a bunch of sugar or corn syrup added.

I will give my thumbs up on the Super Greens powder. I get mine from Walgreens at a fairly cheap price and it is every bit as beneficial as the high priced online brands are. I really only take the powder a couple times a week, if I have a day where I didn't get to eat very many servings of veggies.

To be honest, the biggest difference maker for me was eating less processed meats, cheeses, and sweets and eating more non-processed meats (sirloin steak, chicken breasts, fish) and whole foods (whole grain breads/pastas, fruit, vegetables, etc). Doing that, I toned up more than I have for a couple years and just felt much better and energized. Sunday is our cheat day where we get pizza, cheese, cookies, bacon, etc...

Best of luck!

You make good points... Have you tried Emerald Balance???

I did a quick search and came up with this...

Advantages

A complete ingredient list is offered for Emerald Balance.
Customers can order from the website.

Disadvantages

Superfoods are good for health but not proven to increase weight loss.
No increase in fat burn or metabolism will result.
Superfood greens have a reputation for tasting gritty and green.

Conclusion

Emerald Balance may be good for overall health, but the effect on weight loss will be minimal. The user may see some shift down on the scale due to the diuretic and natural laxative ingredients in the formula but the effect will only be short term.
I think we most know the only way to achieve what you want is hard work at or the gym or equal at home with a balanced diet. I agree with you on wanting to get rid of the crap food in your diet. I do mean processed food.

I wasn't talking about losing weight... The health benefits is what Emerald Balance offers... as far as Emerald, you can get it for 16 bucks instead of the 38 bucks on the website if you have a local Grocery Outlet store...

I know there is plenty of people on this board from Washington... Go to Grocery Outlet and try it out... It tastes great, and mixes well, as in no grit...

As far as losing weight, I suggest Acupuncture... If you find one that knows what they are doing, (Ask them if they graduated from Bastyr University in Washington).... My first Acu resulted in losing root canal pain and over the course of a few appointments, I lost my addiction to beer and tobacco, and went from close to 240 pounds to 180...

WARNING... You need A LOT of toilet paper and no future plans

Cuervohola said:
I wasn't talking about losing weight... The health benefits is what Emerald Balance offers... as far as Emerald, you can get it for 16 bucks instead of the 38 bucks on the website if you have a local Grocery Outlet store...

I know there is plenty of people on this board from Washington... Go to Grocery Outlet and try it out... It tastes great, and mixes well, as in no grit...

As far as losing weight, I suggest Acupuncture... If you find one that knows what they are doing, (Ask them if they graduated from Bastyr University in Washington).... My first Acu resulted in losing root canal pain and over the course of a few appointments, I lost my addiction to beer and tobacco, and went from close to 240 pounds to 180...

Hahah kinda like how snake oil got rid of my ingrown toe nails!

Sent from my NX008HD8G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Cuervohola said:

My brother used accupuncture to stop chewing. He chewed for 20 yrs and tried dozens of times to quit but could never do it. He had accupuncture done and quit cold turkey and hasn't had a dip of cope in 10 yrs and doesn't even want one. Shit must work, he swears by it now.

Yeah, I'll go back to the Root Canal pain... The Acu guy was standing over me with one needle in my cheek and one in my arm... You have to understand, this was my first ever Acu treatment, and I was almost to the point of ripping the tooth out myself... Just pain...

He started moving the needles around, asking me if the pain was going away... I thought he was a certified nut case, but the pain went away in under a minute and hasn't returned in 7 or 8 years.... I still need the tooth removed, but forget about it because it isn't painful

I'm Sold on Acu

Shit... maybe I need to get acupuncture done. I get these terrible muscle spasms on the right side of my neck & lower back. I tried a chiropractor, which helped for a little while, but alas I am back to where I was again.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Cuervohola said:
You said this so you can understand why I thought that.

"I am sick of being a lard ass, and am seeking to change my diet... Having been said lazy lard ass for many years, I am going to crazy land... No processed "Food"... Nothing in a box... "

GrizMusician said:
Shit... maybe I need to get acupuncture done. I get these terrible muscle spasms on the right side of my neck & lower back. I tried a chiropractor, which helped for a little while, but alas I am back to where I was again.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Do it... Your Chi is all messed up

polsongrizz said:
Cuervohola said:
You said this so you can understand why I thought that.

"I am sick of being a lard ass, and am seeking to change my diet... Having been said lazy lard ass for many years, I am going to crazy land... No processed "Food"... Nothing in a box... "

Allright... You made your point, my bad... I was just thinking super foods at the time

Back