• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

student sec

I do believe they charged last year, but I thought that some business/lawyer ponied up some money to cover a good chunk of those seats.

They charged $10 last year and the student section was packed. Will be again on Friday and Saturday if we get there.

i wanna show luv to my felow griz fans by lettin yall use a scan of my griz card to score them cheap tix. just print this fucker off and flash it at the box office. student section is best seats in the house!..... exept for where ill be sittin this weekend!!! :shocker: :shocker: :shocker:

8546782581_282f46d758_b.jpg

Royce bought all the student seats. So all griz games are free for students, or you can get an all access pass for 15 bucks

mtgrizfankb said:
Royce bought all the student seats. So all griz games are free for students, or you can get an all access pass for 15 bucks

:clap:

Excellent gesture by Main Hall!

Now students, do your part and FILL THAT PLACE!

EverettGriz said:
mtgrizfankb said:

:clap:

Excellent gesture by Main Hall!

Now students, do your part and FILL THAT PLACE!
I've seen people here claiming RE was a hoops fan. that is a class move. :thumb:

Contrary to the popular belief on this board -- mostly by those who couldn't pick him out of a lineup consisting of two people -- he (and his wife Mary) are HUGE sports fans. Did anyone see the huge (and lengthy) bear hug that Wayne gave to Mary Engstrom after the game Saturday (Royce was still in Helena for BOR meetings)? I thought that was pretty awesome.

The problem is that RE being a supporter of Griz athletics doesn't jive with many people's agendas, so they fail to believe it, contrary to all evidence to the contrary.

EverettGriz said:
Contrary to the popular belief on this board -- mostly by those who couldn't pick him out of a lineup consisting of two people -- he (and his wife Mary) are HUGE sports fans. Did anyone see the huge (and lengthy) bear hug that Wayne gave to Mary Engstrom after the game Saturday (Royce was still in Helena for BOR meetings)? I thought that was pretty awesome.

The problem is that RE being a supporter of Griz athletics doesn't jive with many people's agendas, so they fail to believe it, contrary to all evidence to the contrary.

I don't have any doubts that he is a sports fan. I have seen him at some of the games I have been to as well. My issue is that I don't feel he could lead his way out of a paper bag let alone lead a university through a complex web of issues or problems. I think its a great gesture to make sure the students are there, but the two times I have actually met him I have come away less than impressed with his vision for the university. I guess I should clarify that to say that the vision is great, but I wasn't satisfied that he had any idea how he was going to accomplish it. He is like the guy we all know who is a really good bulls**ter and tells a good story, but no body really takes him very seriously.

I encourage you to ask some poeple on campus how they feel about him and his leadership. I haven't found a person yet -- from VPs to Deans to janitors -- who doesn't love the guy and believe he's absolutely the right guy for the job. His style is markedly different than Dennison's (and even different from Cruzado's). But that's not necessarily a bad thing.

EverettGriz said:
I encourage you to ask some poeple on campus how they feel about him and his leadership. I haven't found a person yet -- from VPs to Deans to janitors -- who doesn't love the guy and believe he's absolutely the right guy for the job. His style is markedly different than Dennison's (and even different from Cruzado's). But that's not necessarily a bad thing.

I'm certainly open to the opportunity to be proven wrong. I admittedly have only met him a couple times and those were at bigger meetings where he was presenting thoughts to a larger group of people. Could have been that the message was more tailored to what he wanted to do rather than how he wanted to do it. I'm looking at it from a "whole university" standpoint and not from an athletic one. I am not one who feels that Engstrom desires or is conspiring to destroy the university athletic program, I just feel like he is treading water in an ocean of indecisiveness.

More recently I didn't like his statement after the verdict. Certainly he can't (nor should he) come out and be all pumped up for Johnson, but I felt like his statement didn't really do anything to bring a deeply divided community together. Saying it's over and we will move on doesn't really provide a lot closure to anything. I would have liked a more graceful statement on that issue. I did like his statement/memo at the start of the trial, but I think it was sad that it took the thug comments by PW for him to make said statement.

Sorry didn't mean to hijack. To return to the topic at hand, here is hoping the students take advantage of this and pack the place making Dahlberg a living hell for anyone unfortunate enough to play us there this weekend.

EverettGriz said:

Including ODay?

wbtfg said:
EverettGriz said:

Including ODay?

Well, he's no longer on campus, is he?

But yes, I've had similar conversations with Jim and I believe he feels the exact same in terms of leadership for the University.

EverettGriz said:
wbtfg said:
EverettGriz said:

Including ODay?

But yes, I've had similar conversations with Jim and I believe he feels the exact same in terms of leadership for the University.

Absolute baloney. O'Day has attended far more games than Engstrom did this year. Either you are totally out to lunch on this subject, or you are a liar. Just not true.

EverettGriz said:

Again, absolutely not true. Many on campus, including in the athletic department, have serious concerns about Engstrom's lack of leadership and lack of leadership skills. Morale is declining in multiple areas. Engstrom is not a big sports fan either. Knows little or nothing about football and not much about basketball. Attending some games does not make someone a knowledgeable sports fan. More and more people outside of the university believe Engstrom should step down. Enrollment is declining, and it is expected to go down by another 1,000 in the fall. Serious budget cuts are coming.

Washgrizfan1 said:
EverettGriz said:
wbtfg said:
EverettGriz said:

Including ODay?

Absolute baloney. O'Day has attended far more games than Engstrom did this year. Either you are totally out to lunch on this subject, or you are a liar. Just not true.

I have absolutely no idea what attendance at games has to do with how one feels about whether or not Engstrom is a good university president or not, so I'll simply have no comment whatsoever.

Back