• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Stirring the NCAA pot

mtgrizrule

Maybe someone can verify more on this, one way or the other. I will not be surprised if this is true. I heard the NCAA stayed at "Paws Up" and paid top dollar during their time investigating in Missoula. I have never flipped a bill there but do know it is not cheap. Seriously, how much is that place per night, week, per month?

If true, they are even further big hypocrites. They are making billions off student athletes and controlling them. They are tearing kids and programs apart for improprieties. They not only went to the extreme of extents of the world to find anything on the GRIZ because they spent so much time investigating.

If they stayed at the Paws Up, would they mind explain the impropriety of how damn much they spent in lodging, eating, and entertainment while in Missoula? How much was that bill? Who in the hell is flipping that bill? How ironic? They carelessly spent how many 100's of thousands of $$$$ for the investigation, yet sniffing out things for athletes for meals from player parents, legal fees, free tailgating food, etc!!!!!!! Their stupid ass rules and power trip are costing families and athletes how much money to protect themselves?

Part of me hope this is not the case. The other part of me has no doubt they would do something like this. :thumb:

PlayerRep said:
I also heard the ncaa stayed at Paw's Up.

Thanks for backing on that. I hope it turns out to be fact. If so, will love to see the NCAA trying to worm out of spending that kind of money? I guess we know why they really don't want to pay athletes now. :thumb:

argh! said:
i heard greenie and hammer had a tryst with alpo at paws up.

true!

Have you ever posted anything of substance or do you just like to take potshots at people from 2000 miles away???

Fifty (plus) years ago a very close ("growing-up") buddy of mine, a competitive AAU wrestler, explained to me what a corrupt, not-about-"student athletes" organization the NCAA was. Nothing has really changed in a half century, except the amount of money involved.

If Hammer and Player both say so, I'll roll with it. And DAMN, $1,500??? The Paws is a beautiful place, but I just stayed one night at Wilderness Club and played 18 of the best holes I've seen in Montana in a long, long time and it was only 179 per person. WOW

grizcountry420 said:

Wow, so let's be generous to them, and figure a cut rate of $1k per night. I am sure they likely had someone here the whole time. That is 30k per month x's 18 months= $540K. Yet they don't allow the Johnson's raise funds for their son's trial by selling things with his name on it!!!! WTF, that is crazy and wrong!!!!!

AllWeatherFan said:
Would you fellers feel better if they'd stayed at the Super 8?

In the Manziel case, sounds like they should have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express. :thumb:

FWIW, yes I would feel better. The thieves are not the players they have. They are the thieves.

So the idea is that they stayed at Paws Up and drove into Missoula every day for 18 months, and we're just now hearing about it? Highly doubt that.

That being said, true, false, or partially true, they shouldn't be staying a single night at such a spendy place.

MTGriz87 said:
So the idea is that they stayed at Paws Up and drove into Missoula every day for 18 months, and we're just now hearing about it? Highly doubt that.

That being said, true, false, or partially true, they shouldn't be staying a single night at such a spendy place.

I don't know how long they were there, or how many people were there. If true, it just goes to show where the profits earned by players are going and how they are being spent. Sorry, it just is not right. I would rather see that profit go to the players, and be used to better college athletics. No need in the world for them to stay in such an expensive place.

Back