• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

State Senators speak out on Williams' Regent Confirmation

peterc

Well-known member
I spoke with three of the Montana State Senators on the Education and Cultural Resources Committee (the one that will vote to confirm or reject Pat Williams as Regent) on Thursday afternoon. There are 6 Republicans and 4 Democrats on the committee. Democrats Tom Facey of Missoula and Jonathan Windy Boy both said they would vote to confirm Williams without question. Republican Dave Lewis of Helena said he wanted to ask Williams at the upcoming March 20 hearing about why he made his comments to the New York Times regarding "thugs" and "thuggery" on the UM football team before he makes up his mind to confirm or reject. The full, unedited comments of all three senators are included in the story. Facey said even if the committee voted "not to confirm" Williams, he would recommend that the State Sanate reject the committee's vote and confirm Williams anyway. Please listen and comment. Thank you..

Peter Christian
KGVO Radio

http://newstalkkgvo.com/pat-williams-regency-confirmation-vote-looks-to-run-along-partisan-lines-audio/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 
peterc said:
I spoke with three of the Montana State Senators on the Education and Cultural Resources Committee (the one that will vote to confirm or reject Pat Williams as Regent) on Thursday afternoon. There are 6 Republicans and 4 Democrats on the committee. Democrats Tom Facey of Missoula and Jonathan Windy Boy both said they would vote to confirm Williams without question. Republican Dave Lewis of Helena said he wanted to ask Williams at the upcoming March 20 hearing about why he made his comments to the New York Times regarding "thugs" and "thuggery" on the UM football team before he makes up his mind to confirm or reject. The full, unedited comments of all three senators are included in the story. Facey said even if the committee voted "not to confirm" Williams, he would recommend that the State Sanate reject the committee's vote and confirm Williams anyway. Please listen and comment. Thank you..

Peter Christian
KGVO Radio

http://newstalkkgvo.com/pat-williams-regency-confirmation-vote-looks-to-run-along-partisan-lines-audio/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think Tom Facey is a former Griz football player
 
Windy Boy sounded very matter of factly, uneducated or unprepared in choosing his words. Not a person I think I would see eye to eye with on anything! :roll:
 
I em a redneck brain tird. Good news is Williams is getting senile and not so many years to go. :cool: om
 
Mr. Windy Boy is a piece of work. Already has his mind made up for his friend. Look at the project vote smart write up: http://votesmart.org/candidate/40464/jonathan-windy-boy#.UUJOKldkmF8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 
He should stick to his dancing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iohBmO9bV_Y" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 
PolsonGrizFan said:
made his comments to the New York Times regarding "thugs" and "thuggery" on the UM football team

How about the timing too? Right before "the trial" seemed pretty jackbooted IMO.

Is there anybody out there that can confirm the conflict of interest issue regarding any relationship between the Williams family and Jane Doe's family?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
 
br fan said:
peterc said:
I spoke with three of the Montana State Senators on the Education and Cultural Resources Committee (the one that will vote to confirm or reject Pat Williams as Regent) on Thursday afternoon. There are 6 Republicans and 4 Democrats on the committee. Democrats Tom Facey of Missoula and Jonathan Windy Boy both said they would vote to confirm Williams without question. Republican Dave Lewis of Helena said he wanted to ask Williams at the upcoming March 20 hearing about why he made his comments to the New York Times regarding "thugs" and "thuggery" on the UM football team before he makes up his mind to confirm or reject. The full, unedited comments of all three senators are included in the story. Facey said even if the committee voted "not to confirm" Williams, he would recommend that the State Sanate reject the committee's vote and confirm Williams anyway. Please listen and comment. Thank you..

Peter Christian
KGVO Radio

http://newstalkkgvo.com/pat-williams-regency-confirmation-vote-looks-to-run-along-partisan-lines-audio/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think Tom Facey is a former Griz football player

So he is a thug ?
 
Cats2506 said:
br fan said:
peterc said:
I spoke with three of the Montana State Senators on the Education and Cultural Resources Committee (the one that will vote to confirm or reject Pat Williams as Regent) on Thursday afternoon. There are 6 Republicans and 4 Democrats on the committee. Democrats Tom Facey of Missoula and Jonathan Windy Boy both said they would vote to confirm Williams without question. Republican Dave Lewis of Helena said he wanted to ask Williams at the upcoming March 20 hearing about why he made his comments to the New York Times regarding "thugs" and "thuggery" on the UM football team before he makes up his mind to confirm or reject. The full, unedited comments of all three senators are included in the story. Facey said even if the committee voted "not to confirm" Williams, he would recommend that the State Sanate reject the committee's vote and confirm Williams anyway. Please listen and comment. Thank you..

Peter Christian
KGVO Radio

http://newstalkkgvo.com/pat-williams-regency-confirmation-vote-looks-to-run-along-partisan-lines-audio/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think Tom Facey is a former Griz football player

So he is a thug ?

That is actually funny 2506. A matter of fact it has to be hilarious because 99% of the time I am busting your balls about your posts. I would love to see the Republican Senators make a statement and vote him down, but I doubt that will happen. Many are likely Cat fans and could care less about disparaging remarks he made about the Griz football team and the U of M in general. Hopefully they understand it could be MSU he is going after next.
 
peterc said:
I spoke with three of the Montana State Senators on the Education and Cultural Resources Committee (the one that will vote to confirm or reject Pat Williams as Regent) on Thursday afternoon. There are 6 Republicans and 4 Democrats on the committee. Democrats Tom Facey of Missoula and Jonathan Windy Boy both said they would vote to confirm Williams without question. Republican Dave Lewis of Helena said he wanted to ask Williams at the upcoming March 20 hearing about why he made his comments to the New York Times regarding "thugs" and "thuggery" on the UM football team before he makes up his mind to confirm or reject. The full, unedited comments of all three senators are included in the story. Facey said even if the committee voted "not to confirm" Williams, he would recommend that the State Sanate reject the committee's vote and confirm Williams anyway. Please listen and comment. Thank you..

Peter Christian
KGVO Rad
http://newstalkkgvo.com/pat-williams-regency-confirmation-vote-looks-to-run-along-partisan-lines-audio/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I just talked to my old classmate.....a Republican Senator in the legislature; he said that Williams is a virtual lock to be confirmed. I asked him why?.....He said that basically the members pretty much agreed that somebody has to ride "shotgun" after the poor choices the FORMER Griz coaches and administrators had made in recruiting/protecting football players. Not that he agreed with all the bad publicity that UM has been getting but the perception of UM around the State is in serious need of an upgrade.
 
Teton, your friend in the senate supporting Williams riding shotgun over Griz football players is completely moot. No matter how long Williams serves on the B.O.R., UM now has a new athlete code of conduct in place. Coaches no longer have any say in disciplinary matters for players who have violated that code of conduct. It's been completely taken out of their hands. So Williams' or Sen. Windy Boy or all of Bobcat Nation's opinions on how athletes are disciplined at UM can no longer be directed at the Griz football coaching staff. Again, for you people who just don't seem to understand, ONCE THE CODE OF CONDUCT HAS BEEN VIOLATED, DISCIPLINE AND PUNISHMENT IS NO LONGER IN THE HANDS OF THE GRIZZLY FOOTBALL COACHING STAFF.
 
Added to that, I challenge anyone to show me proof that Pat Williams had ANY say on the 2013 Griz recruiting class. Oh, that's right, you can't, because he didn't have any say in recruiting. I'll bet you Pat Williams can't name one player the Griz signed outside of the state of Montana.
 
Windy Boy needs to talk to a couple of guys I know up in Arlee. The woe is me and my land has been taken from me attitude doesn't really work with a reservation and people who have brains and very good leadership.
 
havgrizfan said:
Teton, your friend in the senate supporting Williams riding shotgun over Griz football players is completely moot. No matter how long Williams serves on the B.O.R., UM now has a new athlete code of conduct in place. Coaches no longer have any say in disciplinary matters for players who have violated that code of conduct. It's been completely taken out of their hands. So Williams' or Sen. Windy Boy or all of Bobcat Nation's opinions on how athletes are disciplined at UM can no longer be directed at the Griz football coaching staff. Again, for you people who just don't seem to understand, ONCE THE CODE OF ?CONDUCT HAS BEEN VIOLATED, DISCIPLINE AND PUNISHMENT IS NO LONGER IN THE HANDS OF THE GRIZZLY FOOTBALL COACHING STAFF.
So should everyone give up? You always talk you you are everyones moral compass, but in the end you just give up. Pathetic.
 
JBS, I'm not following. What exactly are you saying I'm giving up on??? I'm simply pointing out that Pat Williams doesn't preside over the UM Athlete Conduct Committee, no matter how much some people wish he did. Teton stated that Williams is riding shotgun over the discipline of Grizzly football players and the coaching staff, and that's not true.
 
Back
Top