• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Starting QB?

Griz90

I'm excited and pleased to have Jordan Johnson back on the team. Will he be the starter vs Appalachian State?

My armchair, no inside information, opinion is definitely yes, Jordan will be the starter come September. A full year away from the game will weigh into it, but I think he is the most talented QB on the roster and will earn the starting spot back. Then again, there's always the story of Wally Pip, a 10-year starter at first base for the Yankees...one day in June of 1925 he complained of a headache and asked to sit out...the manager put a rookie named Gehrig in his place and the rest, as they say, is history. It was something like 1939 before Gehrig gave up the position.

Griz90 said:
I'm excited and pleased to have Jordan Johnson back on the team. Will he be the starter vs Appalachian State?

Can't say. If you take Johnson 2011 and compare him to either starter 2012, I'd say yes. But, who knows what's going on behind closed doors? What I've been wondering is whether eGrizzers' heads will explode if he is not

I am making the 621-mile drive out to WaGriz from Sidney for the Appy State game and want nothing more than to hear the Grizzly faithful erupt in pandemonium when JJ and the team emerge from the tunnel and he is introduced as the starting quarterback and stands over center for his first snap. My 7-yr-old son will be attending his first Griz game and I want him to remember it forever! Of course I want a victory too but that just about goes without saying...but I said it.

Time will tell! I just hope JJ gets some time in this next scrimmage. I hooe like heck the App State game will be on Root Sports.

Side question. Since App State is going FBS will Griz make return trip to play in Boone? I just wonder if App State will be trying to get in more FBS games in that transition time. However the Griz would hopefully be a good FCS team to bring in for an OOC game.

OrgonGriz said:
Time will tell! I just hope JJ gets some time in this next scrimmage. I hooe like heck the App State game will be on Root Sports.

Side question. Since App State is going FBS will Griz make return trip to play in Boone? I just wonder if App State will be trying to get in more FBS games in that transition time. However the Griz would hopefully be a good FCS team to bring in for an OOC game.

This year is the return trip, since the Griz went to Boone last year. Short memory?

JJ will be the starter, McKinney the backup and way behind is Brady at 3 and Shay at 4. I'm excited to see Simis' potential as he'll be a heck of a player by his sophomore year, assuming a redshirt.

OrgonGriz said:

It wont be, root only has a contract for conference games

hokeyfine said:
If Johnson isn't the starter, the Griz are in trouble. Imo

He will be. He has been clearly the superior QB in practice even with a year off and limited reps. Arm seems to have gotten stronger also. Plus the offense, just based on body language ect. has a little more pep in their step when JJ is at QB. This is JJ's team and the players around him know it, and respond to him.

McKinney has shown a ton of improvement and I would guess will be the #2 guy.

It will be a drop down QB. Everyone knows that - why is this being discussed. The drop down is coming. The drop down is coming.

By the time the season starts, it will be approaching 19 months of pure hell for JJ, GRIZ Football, and the University. If Delaney starts anyone, but JJ he better prepare his resignation. GRIZ NATION will be wanting him dismissed as coach, like never before. I cannot imagine the uproar if JJ does not start. I have a feeling it would get nasty in GRIZ NATION.

Jordan Johnson will start for Montana and be the best quarterback in the Big Sky next season. The Big Sky has a few good ones but I would take Johnson over all of em at this point he is that good.

It all depends on if Mick Delaney likes him or not. If he doesn’t think he has got the pepper he will not start no mater how good JJ really is. :cry:

Back