• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Starting Line up guesses.

Grizguyjj

PG: Jordan Gregory

SG: Riley Bradshaw

SF: Kareem Jamar

PF: Jake Wiley

C: Eric Hutchison

Thoughts?

Bradshaw won't be able to play until later in the year, and I doubt will start over Deshields even then. He may get plenty of playing time though. Don't know, haven't seen him play yet. Can't wait for the reports of their practices to start coming in, and for the scrimmage!

I'd guess:

PG: Keron Deshields
SG: Jordan Gregory
PF: (Tough one here) Possibly Kemp, possibly Wiley. Both will likely play a lot.

I would say it is all but locked in already.
1. Deshields
2. Gregory
3. Jamar
4. Kemp
5. Hutchison

Weisner and Wiley may make a push for the spot at the 4, but Kemp will get the nod.

temp said:
1. Deshields
2. Gregory
3. Jamar
4. Kemp
5. Hutchison

Weisner and Wiley may make a push for the spot at the 4, but Kemp will get the nod.

You nailed it. Bradshaw and Dunn will be our main back up guards. I hear the Aussie has a lot of developing to do. Weisner will back up the 3 and 4. Wiley will be the primary back up at the 4.

mtgrizrule said:
temp said:
1. Deshields
2. Gregory
3. Jamar
4. Kemp
5. Hutchison

You nailed it. Bradshaw and Dunn will be our main back up guards. I hear the Aussie has a lot of developing to do. Weisner will back up the 3 and 4. Wiley will be the primary back up at the 4.

So will this Aussie be like the last one we had?

PeauxRouge said:
mtgrizrule said:
temp said:
1. Deshields
2. Gregory
3. Jamar
4. Kemp
5. Hutchison

So will this Aussie be like the last one we had?

His versatility and athleticism work in his favor. He just has some skills adjustments to improve on. He also needs to get to used to the American style. I don't expect a major contribution from him after Bradshaw is eligible. Maybe he will adjust quicker than I expect. I'm just trying to calm the expectations on this kid this season. I sure hope he proves me wrong, and he adjusts quicker than I expect.

I agree with the consensus:

PG DeShields
SG Gregory
SF Jamar
PF Kemp
C Hutchison

The two spots I wouldn't be shocked to see something different... would be Martin beating out Hutchison at center, and maybe Dunn pushing DeShields at point. Those guys look like they should have bright futures.

Grizguyjj said:
PG: Jordan Gregory

SG: Riley Bradshaw

PF: Jake Wiley

I think Gregory is more of a shooting guard myself, more opportunites, perhaps, for the wide open shots from the perimeter, while Bradshaw and DeShields are more capable of playing the point along with Dunn. Having both Bradshaw and Dunn out there on the court at the same time is like having two point guards playing at the same time. I like that. Hutchison may start, but I would like to see Kemp work his way into the lineup; which would have a good mix with Wiley. Should be fun.

I'm looking forward to seeing Wiley play. I've seen him around in the Rec on campus and he has put on some decent muscle this off season. You can tell he is really serious about his game and wants to get better.

alabamagrizzly said:
PG Will Cherry
SG Michael Ray Richardson
SF Derek Selvig
PF Larry Krystowiak
C Brian Quale

Sorry. Just dreamin'.

three years ago that was only 40% a dream.

citay said:
alabamagrizzly said:
PG Will Cherry
SF Derek Selvig
PF Larry Krystowiak
C Brian Quale

Sorry. Just dreamin'.

And really some might take Jamar over Selvig. I really beleive we are taking some steps forward and going to more consistently start getting better players

What about Martin? He's a shot-blocking machine. I think Dunn will get good playing time. Quick and can shoot. Kemp is very good. Breunig will be good, after his redshirt year.

alabamagrizzly said:
citay said:
alabamagrizzly said:
PG Will Cherry
SF Derek Selvig
PF Larry Krystowiak
C Brian Quale

Sorry. Just dreamin'.

And really some might take Jamar over Selvig.

+1

And Derrick Pope over even Kareem Jamar; hands down. I've seen both play and doing a comparison Pope is definitely the player I'd rate overall a starter in the above category at SF.
He makes the game much more competitive.

Derek Selvig is not a small forward, when ever the Griz tried to play him there it was disaster.

Agreed on Pope in the Dream Team. That dude could ball, and with his dunks could absolutely electrify a crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EverettGriz said:
Agreed on Pope in the Dream Team. That dude could ball, and with his dunks could absolutely electrify a crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Derek was an all time great player

Back