• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Spokesman Review quotes

grizfnz

DONOR
For those of you who didn't stick around to pick up the Sunday edition of the Spokesman, here are a few quotes from sportswriter John Blanchette.

Yes, although they are the national champions until someone proves otherwise, the Grizzlies are looking a little more ordinary these days. No fewer than six starters have been shelved with injuries. Another, cornerback Johnnie Peeples, swung out of Albi on crutches Saturday night. The defensive motor, safety Trey Young, played on a sprained ankle; running backs J.R. Waller and David Gober didn't practice during the week.

Blah, blah, blah. Any teams out there without a hurt this time of year?

How do you get "a hurt" out of all the injuries to the Griz this year. I'd bet there isn't another team in 1AA that has the number of injuries (to key players) that we have.

If this was a wonderment to the EWU record crowd of 17,142 -- yes, at least half of them ferried to Albi in rigs with Montana plates -- it was not particularly to the Eagles.

At least half!!!!!! This guy is f&*#ing blind too. Joe Albi seats 22K, (11K per side as I see it). The Montana side was full with the exception of the upper corners (I have a hard time believing there were more than 1000 empties on our side, if so the occupants were in the Beer Garden). Now look across at EWU, if their section was more than 70% full, then my name is Joe Albi. This is the second game at Albi, where the Griz have outdrawn EWU by more than 2:1, yet after the game in 2000, the sports column said something like "Several thousand fans made the trip from Montana".

I thought that the Spokesman-Review writers wrote accurate reports of the game. Both John Blanchette and Dave Trimmer are Montana folks. They were inaccurate in describing the size of the Grizzly fans. I'd guess the Griz had about 10,000 of the 17,000 fans. They should call this game the EDUB Benefit.
GO GRIZ, beat the Cats.

That's some nice math there griz. Are you sure that 95% (I'm assuming this number, but I'll even give you 99%), is more than 2:1 of 70%?

You guys better focus on this weekend before you start singing about the playoffs. It is a pretty sure bet that the GSU is in and hosting. Bring it , we ready to ball!! :evil:

Go home GSU fans, come back when it is time to rumble!

Hey Spokane....

I like the trash talking GSU fans, it is spicing up the board and it really shows tremendous respect for us that they come here. Do you think even one of them visits another Big Sky board?

Bring it on Eagles! Let's see what cha got!

I like the spirit in all the trash talk too. I have been having a pretty fun time on the GSU board. I have noticed that "most" of the GSU fans have as much respect for us as we do for them. The most trash talking I have gotten into on their board was with one fan from Furman (who thought his team didn't get spanked by us last year) and another fan from UMass. He thought his UMass/UConn rivalry was bigger than the Griz/Cat rivalry, he had to be taught a lesson. I even had some GSU fans sticking up for the Griz/Cat rivalry, it was pretty cool.

Ummm, yeah, that was me. Massmanski is a MOron. I question everything he types. He's just mad because umass isn't going to the playoffs.

If anything, GSU fans come here and liven up this board. I guess most Griz fans don't post here. I know you have great fans so I'm surprised when I come here and it's not very active. I'll admit that I just started posting here because someone posted a new link to this board. I had always gone to the mtgriz board, or whatever it was called. I like this board a lot better and I'm sure more Montana fans will use the message boards more in the future now that it's more user friendly.

HiFlyinEagle said:

If anything, GSU fans come here and liven up this board. I guess most Griz fans don't post here. I know you have great fans so I'm surprised when I come here and it's not very active. I'll admit that I just started posting here because someone posted a new link to this board. I had always gone to the mtgriz board, or whatever it was called. I like this board a lot better and I'm sure more Montana fans will use the message

Ummmmm, I'll call BS that you "just" saw this board because some guy posted it. It's posted on your www.southern-connection.com board... right next to the mt.griz board.

Also, this board isn't that busy???? It's no less, if not more, busy than the Eagles board.

Shakermaker said:
Ummmmm, I'll call BS that you "just" saw this board because some guy posted it. It's posted on your www.southern-connection.com board... right next to the mt.griz board.

Also, this board isn't that busy???? It's no less, if not more, busy than the Eagles board.
You can call whatever you want. I just posted here for the first time last week. Why would I lie about that?

BTW, the GSU board is waaaaaay more active than this one. Are you kidding me? I can check this board twice a day and read every new post in about 5 mintues.

I think there are 3-4 Griz message boards so it splits the loyalities and interest of the posters. This one is the easiest to navigate and is user friendly. That's why I decided to come here.

This is really sad. I tried to find a Sac St. message board a couple weeks ago. When I finally found it, there was about 2 posts a week. And last week I couldn't even find a EWU board.

Back