• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Something We Can All Agree On

biga75 said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Chip Kelly is a failure.................

:coffee:

This is true.

It doesn't matter. Just like Rick Pitino, Nick Saban and the "Ole Ball Coach", Chip Kelly will "write his own ticket" when he goes back to the NCAA after failing as a Pro Coach. It's just the world we live in.

Just another coach to leave for the NFL so they did not have to be around when their college program got hit with sanctions under their watch......

It sure seems like its a lot tougher to win games when the other guys have professional players as well doesn't it. In my opinion Nick Saban represents everything wrong with coaching.

b_f_c_99 said:
It sure seems like its a lot tougher to win games when the other guys have professional players as well doesn't it. In my opinion Nick Saban represents everything wrong with coaching.
Couldn't agree more.

b_f_c_99 said:
Agreed

billings_poke said:
jodcon said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Chip Kelly is a failure.................

:coffee:

College coaches = NFL coach fail

Except Jimmy Johnson, but it was the hair for him.

Pete Carroll? Tom Coughlin? Jim Harbaugh? Paul Brown? Bill Walsh?

Oh yeah missed Coughlin and forgot about Walsh, they won some serious hardware. Brown was a little before my time, Harbaugh seems to have his team going the right direction...I guess there's more than I thought, for some reason I keep thinking of guys like Holtz, Spurrier, Erickson, Petrino, Carroll (back for round 3), and even Saban who bailed after 2 years. I could be wrong but I think the last college coach to win a Super Bowl was Barry Switzer and that must have been about 20 years ago. Been tough for them to succeed for some reason.

1999 admittedly after doing a good job rebuilding Michigan States football program Saban abruptly resigned to accept the head coaching position with LSU. Saban's assistant head coach and successor, Bobby Williams, then coached MSU to a Citrus Bowl victory over Florida. Thanks kids for giving it your all I'm out of here for more $$ no time to chat gotta go.

2004 After planning a similar escape to the NFL with the Miami dolphins and recruiting under the guise of "I'll be here for you" he ditches LSU. Now I'll show everyone how awesome I am!
Two years into the NFL job and finding out that its sucks when the other guys have Pro's on their team as well thats just not fair! He denies that he is leaving and then jumps ship to Alabama. Guess what Alabama, your next!

Anyway I feel that all college sports are way overcoached, I would like to see a system where the coaches run practice come up with a game plan ect. Then go sit in a box and let the kids they recruited handle it. At halftime they can get together and make adjustments.

b_f_c_99 said:
1999 admittedly after doing a good job rebuilding Michigan States football program Saban abruptly resigned to accept the head coaching position with LSU. Saban's assistant head coach and successor, Bobby Williams, then coached MSU to a Citrus Bowl victory over Florida. Thanks kids for giving it your all I'm out of here for more $$ no time to chat gotta go.

2004 After planning a similar escape to the NFL with the Miami dolphins and recruiting under the guise of "I'll be here for you" he ditches LSU. Now I'll show everyone how awesome I am!
Two years into the NFL job and finding out that its sucks when the other guys have Pro's on their team as well thats just not fair! He denies that he is leaving and then jumps ship to Alabama. Guess what Alabama, your next!

Anyway I feel that all college sports are way overcoached, I would like to see a system where the coaches run practice come up with a game plan ect. Then go sit in a box and let the kids they recruited handle it. At halftime they can get together and make adjustments.

We know this.........but why is it everything that is wrong with coaching?

I bet if you ask most of the players Saban coaches they love the guy because he makes them millionaires and turns out some pretty fundamental players.

I think hes a douche but he is a hell of a coach, he wins everywhere he goes unlike Hauck

Back