• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Something about them fly-bys

GrizAddicted

Perhaps I am one of the few, but I get really pumped when Washington-Grizzly gets fly-bys. Does anyone know if we are scheduled for anymore this season or is it one of those things that isn't really advertisied? I figured since the last jets were from Boise that it must be something scheduled in advance.

Also, was it two years ago we got one that was so loud--the jets were already headed back to base before the sound hit the stadium? That's what I'm talking about!!
xyxthumbs.gif

(Note: sorry if I am hogging the forums...I have too much appreciation for my favorite I-AA football team that I had to put my two cents on almost every issue. :-? )

You probably won't see another of these flybys happen unless the Griz takes on Air Force (which I hope the Griz will face), or if another crisis occurs, or if another tragedy (9-11) is to be remembered. JMHO.

GrizAddicted said:
Perhaps I am one of the few, but I get really pumped when Washington-Grizzly gets fly-bys. Does anyone know if we are scheduled for anymore this season or is it one of those things that isn't really advertisied? I figured since the last jets were from Boise that it must be something scheduled in advance.

Also, was it two years ago we got one that was so loud--the jets were already headed back to base before the sound hit the stadium? That's what I'm talking about!!
xyxthumbs.gif

That's always a cool sight, one that tingles the spine.

Last year, we had two B-1 bomber's light their afterburners and smoke some JP4 over Statesboro during the Georgia Southern - Citadel game. It wasn't a planned thing from what I found out, but a benefit being close to Robins AFB where they were stationed for a time and a by-product of the round-the-clock air patrol flights they did post 9-11.

Back