• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Some info.

GeauxGriz

http://scout.theinsiders.com/a.z?s=143&p=9&c=4

That link should take you to see some of the nations top recruits. The Griz are after a few already! Look under the QBs and CBs!

Geaux Bobby Hauck!

Looks like we are after the #55th ranked prep at CB and the 80th ranked prep at RB! Hope we can land them!

And the 75th ranked WR!!!

There are hardly any other 1-AA schools on this thing...Montana is mixin it up with the big boys.

We have a sweet set-up with Bobby at the helm. He has experince recruting in the 1-A level. Most coaches move into 1-AA from "lower" divisions, and don't have the inside scoop on recruitin big boys. He still has his work cut out for him. Montana is a great place to be, but it's got to be hard to convince these players that have dreams of playing for big schools. Let's just put it this way, I might be easier for Bobby right now than it is for Joe.

Dont mean to rain on your parade there Geaux, but the schools listed are only 'schools of interest'. If you click on the CB's name(55th), Scott Zellers, you will see that these are only schools he is interested in and neither of us(Montana or Oregon) has offered him a scholarship. I suggest you and Ronbo get on the ol' email barrage campaign with this kid. Wonder if Hauck even knows of the kids interest in the Griz.

It's interesting to see what positions other BSC Teams are interested in filling, looks like Portland State, Eastern Washington and Idaho State have large wish lists!

DuCharme said:
Dont mean to rain on your parade there Geaux, but the schools listed are only 'schools of interest'. If you click on the CB's name(55th), Scott Zellers, you will see that these are only schools he is interested in and neither of us(Montana or Oregon) has offered him a scholarship. I suggest you and Ronbo get on the ol' email barrage campaign with this kid. Wonder if Hauck even knows of the kids interest in the Griz.

But it sure helps that these players have interest in the Griz. Makes it a little easier to recruit these players. Now, some of these players showing interest in Montana may be players that do not match what Griz need. But cornerback position is definitely a need. That 55th ranked CB I hope is on Hauck's list of recruits he is after.

McNeese72 said:
That's an NCAA no/no. They consider email the same as writing letters to a recruit.

Whoa! Good to know 72. I learn sumpin new everyday. So I guess maybe I should redirect my statement to mean they should email Hauck and at least make sure this kid is on the radar. Probably already is, but just to make sure. No, actually, that IS what I meant in the first place. I think. :mad:

McNeese72 i was under the impression that its a no-no if the person calling or writing letters is an Alum.
It used to be, techniclly speaking, that a non-alum could do such meddling and the school can't be held accountable.
Sadly I graduated. :-?

some info from the insiders.com site.

The rb, victor valle ranked at 80 is listed as
5-8 165 4.38 yet the nike camp lists him at 5-7 and 157 and a 4.69 with a vertical of 31 inches.

the 2 star qb, waddell lists at 6-4 205 runs a 4.8
nike camp lists him at 6-2 and 220 witha a 5.07

2 star qb jell wells is closer. 6-3 200 4.6
nike camp 6-2, 199 and 4.63

3 star Scott Zellers (5-11, 190, 4.3) of Spokane Lewis and Clark, Washington is a real diamond in the rough in the Northwest. He has blazing speed and he has started 20 straight games at cornerback.

2 star saftey David Lewis(offered by UM, PSU and ISU)
Ht: 6-0 Wt: 182 40: 4.50
Nike camp Height: 5-10
Weight: 180
40-Yard Dash: 4.56
20-Yard Shuttle: 4.28
Vertical Jump: 30.1"
Bench Reps: 13

that's all i've got for now.

GrizMania said:
McNeese72 i was under the impression that its a no-no if the person calling or writing letters is an Alum.
It used to be, techniclly speaking, that a non-alum could do such meddling and the school can't be held accountable.
Sadly I graduated. :-?

No, all you have to do is fall under the NCAA's definition of a "representative of athletic interests". Some of the people who fall under that are booster club members, anybody who contributes to the athletic department or to booster clubs, alumni, etc.

Check out this reprint of a pamphlet we have at Geauxcowboys.

http://www.mcneesecowboyclub.com/compliancepamphlet.asp

I like the look of Jeff Wells as a QB and his interest in UM is High.

Also, as for emailing...I didn't graduate, didn't attend, don't sponsor, and have complete deniability :lol: Get me the email addresses and away I go :wink:

Anybody have any info on the Kyle Ryan kid from Billings? All I have read is that he has verbally comitted to UM and his older brother, Pat Ryan(LB), is a senior this year at Notre Dame. Did he have an offer from ND too? Anything? :lol:

It is my understanding he gave a firm verbal to be griz.

As with all, we won't know until they sign the dotted line.

Back