• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Shhhh!

EverettGriz

DONOR
Did anyone else notice that after each TD PSU scored on Saturday, the players all did the pointer finger to the mouth, "shhhhhh" sign to the crowd? Damn, I LOVE seeing stuff like that, because it's clear the crowd is messin' with the opponent's mind. :lol:

Haha I noticed that too! Portland State and Eastern Washington are the two teams I've seen give the "shhhhhhh" to our fans more than most teams do! :lol:

GYI0061991852_medium.jpg

The way they were getting penalized i was thinking they would get hit with a flag for doing it.

get'em_griz said:
Haha I noticed that too! Portland State and Eastern Washington are the two teams I've seen give the "shhhhhhh" to our fans more than most teams do! :lol:

Not sure if that is a good thing. Probably means they score more TDs against us.

I've noticed in my 19-years of attending Griz games, that the visiting teams that acknowledge our awesome crowd, by flapping their arms (make it louder) or hand to the ear, or the SHHHHHH BS, put themselves behind the 8-ball. Right at that moment, they have lost their focus. I love it when an opposing team tries to mock our crowd. I'm also impressed when a visiting team comes in and ignores "us". It shows that maybe they have a game plan, maybe they are more prepared, focused. :twocents:

PolsonGrizFan said:
I've noticed in my 19-years of attending Griz games, that the visiting teams that acknowledge our awesome crowd, by flapping their arms (make it louder) or hand to the ear, or the SHHHHHH BS, put themselves behind the 8-ball. Right at that moment, they have lost their focus. I love it when an opposing team tries to mock our crowd. I'm also impressed when a visiting team comes in and ignores "us". It shows that maybe they have a game plan, maybe they are more prepared, focused. :twocents:

I remember back in 2007 or 2008, Portland State came to town and one of their kick returners was flapping his arms at the crowd in the south endzone. The band started chanting "(insert name) Sucks." The returner started flapping his arms more to keep it going. Well the kick came, he muffed it and we recovered the ball inside the 5 and scored on the next play. Another returner had to swap places with him on kickoff because he was getting heckled so badly after that! :lol:

Probably mentioned on another thread, but I noticed at least three different Griz players coming off the field holding their eyes and acting as if PSU was poking them in scrum type play. So much class...

get'em_griz said:
PolsonGrizFan said:

I remember back in 2007 or 2008, Portland State came to town and one of their kick returners was flapping his arms at the crowd in the south endzone. The band started chanting "(insert name) Sucks." The returner started flapping his arms more to keep it going. Well the kick came, he muffed it and we recovered the ball inside the 5 and scored on the next play. Another returner had to swap places with him on kickoff because he was getting heckled so badly after that! :lol:
That was the same game when Mariani called for a fair catch on a punt, and the PSU player nailed him before the ball got there, totally disregarding the fair catch call.

I've never before, nor since, seen WGS go so absolutely nuts at one time.

Ray Lewis did the same thing in 2001 when he ripped the ball outta Eddie Goerge's hands and took it to the house sealing the deal for the Ravens first Super Bowl. I seen a video on YouTube of one of Ray Lewis's interviews and since the interview I've noticed a lot of players across the nation doing this. Ray did it because it was over for Tennessee. Not because they scored. They (PSU) were down 55-27 and hushing the crowd? :roll:

Mousegriz said:
Probably mentioned on another thread, but I noticed at least three different Griz players coming off the field holding their eyes and acting as if PSU was poking them in scrum type play. So much class...

not surprising.

Latest posts

Back