• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sell Out??

grizcountry420

Is this game gonna sell out or what? I don't think there has ever been a game that was sold out on Labor Day Weekend..

There seems to be a lot of hype surrounding this game. Everywhere you go someones looking for a ticket. What's everyone think??

I think it's been sold out for a while now, hasn't it? I'm not sure if there are even any tix left in general seating.

You could get single seat tickets, most of last week from GrizTix, but I checked yesterday, and there were NONE! I am guessing so! Even alot of my buddies are forgoing their Labor Day plans to make this game!

grizcountry420 said:
Is this game gonna sell out or what? I don't think there has ever been a game that was sold out on Labor Day Weekend..

There seems to be a lot of hype surrounding this game. Everywhere you go someones looking for a ticket. What's everyone think??

The Labor Day Game has usually been a sell out, even when it's against a D-II team. A stadium record, since broken, was set several years ago.

From what I've heard they were selling bleacher seats mid week so yes this indicates a sell out. This is gonna be wild. Go Griz!!

PlayerRep said:
grizcountry420 said:

The Labor Day Game has usually been a sell out, even when it's against a D-II team. A stadium record, since broken, was set several years ago.

To me Labor Day games have about the same attendance as a playoff game on Thanksgiving Weekend..

grizcountry420 said:
PlayerRep said:
grizcountry420 said:

To me Labor Day games have about the same attendance as a playoff game on Thanksgiving Weekend..

Capacity: 25,203 (Wiki); 2,000 seats added in '08, so let's say 23,203 before "08.

'10 - WSC - 25,663
'09 - Western St - 25,698
'07 - So Utah - 23,599 - note this was before the last stadium expansion
'05 - Fort Lewis - 23,432
'04 - Maine - 23,228

Playoff games over Thanksgiving generally are in 20,000, is my recollection.

nzone said:
From what I've heard they were selling bleacher seats mid week so yes this indicates a sell out. This is gonna be wild. Go Griz!!

Again, there were some tickets available late when App St returned unused tiks. I'd guess the attendance will push out towards the stadium record, which is over 26,000, I believe.

PlayerRep said:
nzone said:

Again, there were some tickets available late when App St returned unused tiks. I'd guess the attendance will push out towards the stadium record, which is over 26,000, I believe.

Yeah.. I'm in section 103 which is the visitors side.

grizcountry420 said:
PlayerRep said:
nzone said:

I thought you were going to buy a cheap ticket right before the game, and take/post photos of all the ticket sellers at the corner.

PlayerRep said:
grizcountry420 said:
PlayerRep said:
nzone said:

I thought you were going to buy a cheap ticket right before the game, and take/post photos of all the ticket sellers at the corner.

I knew you were gonna bring that up. To be honest, this is actually my first ticket I've ever bought for face value. Everywhere you look someone is looking for a ticket. There are a lot of tixs on sale for about a bill a piece including craigslist.

I got nervous and took the easy way out. Now I won't be stressed out all week and even a bigger mess when saturday rolls around if I didn't have a ticket.

Ill still take a picture of sellers corner but they're gonna be asking way too much for them...

LOL. Whoever said the labor day game is like thanksgiving weekend hasn't been to one. That game, which is usually the first home game at least every other year is PACKED. And in recent times, it's been packed for some really crappy visiting teams. This game is sold out by tickets available. And I think the stands will be pretty close to full, though there are a TON for sale on craigs and stub

havgrizfan said:
LOL. Whoever said the labor day game is like thanksgiving weekend hasn't been to one. That game, which is usually the first home game at least every other year is PACKED. And in recent times, it's been packed for some really crappy visiting teams. This game is sold out by tickets available. And I think the stands will be pretty close to full, though there are a TON for sale on craigs and stub

You gotta give me a break.. Imma little more intoxicated at the first game of the year.

:lol:

havgrizfan said:

It's packed for the first two quarters.. then half of the stadium never returns after the half. The opening game opponent has been pretty lackluster most years. This year will not have that problem.

MrTitleist said:
havgrizfan said:

It's packed for the first two quarters.. then half of the stadium never returns after the half. The opening game opponent has been pretty lackluster most years. This year will not have that problem.

Yep. If this game is close at halftime I can't imagine there being any empty seats come the start of the third quarter. Not having to worry about baking in the stands should help, too.

Ok I am getting a bit doubtful ill be able to get "scalp" tix outside or should I not worry? Help me out. Thnx seeking four tix, (nephew - sons first griz game) ;-)

ygeraduj.jpg

The App game isn't listed on the Griztix website anymore. Guess that means it's sold out?

Glad I got my tickets a few weeks ago :thumb:

Back