• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Secondary

msoblazer

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yeah I know...some areas to improve on. But...

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Uh... I thought they got lit up when their back-up QB was in. Yeah, he through a couple pics. But, Londry-Jackson was the primary reason our secondary looked good.

grizpsych said:
Uh... I thought they got lit up when their back-up QB was in. Yeah, he through a couple pics. But, Londry-Jackson was the primary reason our secondary looked good.

You think 8-12-1 for 116 yards is being "lit up"? The drive at the end of the half, when UM was in prevent defense, was the only weak portion of the game for the secondary, and it was only 1 or 2 passes--the 35 and 20 yard completions. So 55 of the 116 passing yards of the back up qb were those 2 passes in the last minute of the half, and you think this is being "lit up". I'm sorry, but you don't know what you're talking about.

Secondary was fantastic. Both of Apps QBs had time to throw, especially early in the game. They just didn't have anyone to throw to.

If the Griz get that kind of consistent play from their DBs, there are a lot OC concerned coaches in the BSC today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PlayerRep said:
grizpsych said:

You think 8-12-1 for 116 yards is being "lit up"? The drive at the end of the half, when UM was in prevent defense, was the only weak portion of the game for the secondary, and it was only 1 or 2 passes--the 35 and 20 yard completions. So 55 of the 116 passing yards of the back up qb were those 2 passes in the last minute of the half, and you think this is being "lit up". I'm sorry, but you don't know what you're talking about.
This.

Can't wait for CV to chime in with his biased interpretation and try to tell us how actually the secondary didn't play very well and how app state has horrible receivers and qb's. Should be interesting.

RobGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
grizpsych said:

This.

I was thinking more about the beginning of the second half. But, each to their own. I for one, hope I'm completely off base.

grizpsych said:
RobGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
grizpsych said:

This.

I was thinking more about the beginning of the second half. But, each to their own. I for one, hope I'm completely off base.

I was worried as well the way they moved the ball GP at the end of the first half and early in the third
Seemed they were mainly effective in the soft middle and that was where the backers had cover responsibilities. Corners and free safeties did a pretty good job. I think we are ok. UND will be a good test for the secondary.

grizpsych said:
RobGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
grizpsych said:

This.

Okay, let's look at the beginning of the 3rd quarter. In App St's first drive, they completed 1 pass for 26 yards--in 9 plays. In the 2d drive, they completed passes of 12, 3, 17, 4 (but holding penalty)--in 10 plays. In App St's 3d and last drive, they threw an interception. So 62 passing yards for quarter, 1 interception, and 1 FG. Don't think that constitutes being "lit up" either.

Back