• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Scott Gragg

Sweetwyne

I am asking the true fans who have been around awhile if they think like me that Scott Gragg was better than any other o lineman. Other than scrafford i dont think anyone really gives him a run for it.

My real question was about his performence at UM. During the three years that he was with dickinson did he ever give up a sack. I rember teh game against troy state in which highly touted DE Pratt Lyons just got owned by Lurch. Can anyone tell me how many if at he gave up in his career.

I'm sure there a plenty of "experts" out there with a better answer, but didn't DD get sacked like 6 times in the National Championship game? Don't have any idea if the sackers were from his side of the field.

If I rember right Gragg did not play on the National Championship team he graduated the year before and went to the Giants. I'm not 100% sure but I don't think he played on the 95 team. As for him being the best lineman ever at Montana I would not no because I'm only 25 and the program is over 100 years old but he certanily has to be the best in recent history and very near the top on the all time best list. Also, if I'm not mistaken he was the biggest lineman to ever play for the Griz.

You are correct FLGRIZ. Gragg's rookie season was '95. He was with the Giants for 13 games that year. Didnt start one game. In the 112 games since, he has started every one of them. Of course this doesnt answer the original question of this thread, just thought I'd throw it in there.

You guys are right about Gragg years. Was it Baker (jason???) that had DD's blind side in the championship game?

It was such a pleasure to watch him play and see how much fun he had out there.. (hard to do when you are on O-line) but who can forget the infamous celebratory act... The Lurch Doin' The Somersault..

Basically, he was a man among boys out there. Had the footspeed and the smarts to kick butt on almost every play!

Not sure about the no sacks.. If my memory serves me correctly.. he had a couple but not more than that.

I do think that Baker was Graggs replacement at UM. I also rember how Gragg would do the summersawlts. I think they called it the "Grizzly roll". I even saw him do it while he was with the Giants and it got on sportscenter. Anyway you look at it he was and is one hell of a player and probably one of the more flambouante O-lineman that I have ever seen. He just really seemed to love playing football and I think that attutitude was contagius with his teammates. That should also be factored into the equasion of wheter or not he was the Best lineman at UM.

I'd say Lurch gave up a couple in 1994 against Boise State in Boise. Dickenson was sacked about 10 times and the ankle injury he suffered thwarted Montana's run at a national championship. After the game, Pokey Allen told the Missoulian he blitzed as many as 8 guys on some plays. It was a 60 minute train wreck.

DuCharme said:
You are correct FLGRIZ. Gragg's rookie season was '95. He was with the Giants for 13 games that year. Didnt start one game. In the 112 games since, he has started every one of them. Of course this doesnt answer the original question of this thread, just thought I'd throw it in there.

Almost every game. I believe his streak was snapped last weekend due to an injured leg. Broken I think, but dont quote me on that.

Yeah, that Boise game was terrible. Griz got their ass kicked, I'd like to see the D bring 8 this week on that Frosh QB from Sam Houston

Back