• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Say What?

gus

Whats all the talk about the best team in the nation? And who did you maroon baboons say it was?

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/3rdandlong.htm

What the performance said should have been clear to I-AA observers. Those of us that hade been crowing about how No. 1 Montana and No. 2 McNeese State were the best teams in the country need to make room for Georgia Southern at the elite level of the 2002 championship race.

We'll make room for you. You can have the #4 seed so you can come up and see us. If you call hotel and motel reservations now there still should be plenty of room for you.

I ain't scared! Pencil it in! Make sure its pencil though because we might be higher than #4. You grizzlies are always inviting people to missoula. thats very nice. So nice that i'll return the invitation. we come to missoula and deal with the "frozen tundra" :roll: but you have to come to statesboro to deal with the gnats and humidity.

Did you miss the part where Tony Moss said "If you know anything about Montana, is that they show up in big games..."?

If GSU gets the chance to play the Griz Dec 20th, with our Payton and Buchanan award winners, you can bet your double-wide, we will show up with a VERY big game, and a ton of fans.

You want your seat back???? Not gonna' happen...I think maybe we'll keep it for a year or two more. We've gotten used to the view, and we like it.
Soar on with your bad self Eagle fan. GO GRIZ!!!

Dec 20. Chattanooga. Payton Award Winner. Buchanon Award Winner. Ton of fans. Sounds good to me. I don't know if it will be enough.

Nations leading rushing offense. Great secondary with, as Tony puts it, NFL caliber David Young. Atleast Triple the amount of fans you bring. Great defensive speed. SPEED KILLS.

By the way, i don't live in a trailer. But if I did, it would have a bearskin rug and i'd bet it against your..........what is there in montana worth betting?

gus said:
By the way, i don't live in a trailer. But if I did, it would have a bearskin rug and i'd bet it against your..........what is there in montana worth betting?

Is that supposed to be some kind of burn? If it was, that was gay, but then again, so are you.

By the way, I'd love to have GSU back in Montana for the playoffs again. Remember the 45-0 ass beating your team recieved the last time they played us in Missoula. And don't even try and come back with, "oh yeah remember the 2000 national championship game," because we're the National Champs now. You couldn't even make it to the finals last year, so sit your #4 ass back down and know your place.... back of the pack. No wonder Eagles are endangered, or at least they will be if they come to MT in December.

Shakermaker said:
Remember the 45-0 ass beating your team recieved the last time they played us in Missoula. And don't even try and come back with, "oh yeah remember the 2000 national championship game," because we're the National Champs now.

OK, I won't come back with the 2000 NC game Montana lost. How about the 1989 beat down you received from the Claw of the Eagles? Ask Parr90, he had a birds-eye view of that game.

Please, I dont want to hear...that was 13 years ago, yak, yak, yak. Believe it or not, but your most treasured 45-0 win in 1995 has just as much significance now as your 1989 45-15 loss.

Awww! did da wittle baby bear get mad and call me gay because he couldn't think of anything else? Cute! I guess my last post kinda puts a twist on the term "double or nothing!" How about i get my friends that dolivein trailers to move up to montana or north dakota and live on your land so you can have a neighbor within 50 miles. Yeah Yeah Yeah 45-0! We're the champs! yeah yeah yeah! True we didn't make the nc last year and you better be lucky we didn't. then i'd be wiping my feet on two bearskin rugs!

gus said:
Awww! did da wittle baby bear get mad and call me gay because he couldn't think of anything else?

See, now that's just it... I didn't have the "Big Book Of Homosexual Terms," so gay was the only thing I can think of. I'm not sure what your group considers to be politically correct when refering to your kind. Forgive me.

By the way, you and your friends wouldn't like Montana or the Dakotas... Jim Crowe laws aren't in affect up here.

Considering that Nooga is in GSU's back yard, I would hope you would have more fans there. Have the National Championship somewhere in the west and see how many GSU fans show up.

By the way, how many times did GSU's stadium sell out this year?

Let me count how many times Washington Grizzly sold out. Oh yeah, all of them.

Shakermaker By the way said:
By the way, "Crow" is not spelled with an "E". "My Kind!" LOL! Weak! I think you are throwing the personal insults because you're insecure about the potentcy of your wannabe smack. Or could it be your lack of potentcy in general? But just for the kicks and to give you something to talk about, I'm not gay. By the way, the Jim Crow thing was as stereotypical as saying all people in Montana are seperatist. WEAK! But just to dispell your idea about me and my friends, I'M BLACK! If you had cable where you live the news would have gotten to you that Jim Crow ended some time ago. Wait a Sec....

THIS JUST IN.....
WE HAVE RECIEVED WORD IN NORTH DAKOTA THAT THE SOUTH IS INTEGRATED!

And in todays sports, the Dallas Cowboys defeated teh Denver Broncos 27-10 to win SUper Bowl XII

Why is GSU so afraid of Washington/Grizzly Stadium? We never play "Statesboro Blues", maybe "Welcome To The Jungle" a time or to, but I can't remember ever hearing an Allman Brother's song.

Come on up to Washington/Grizzly Stadium Gus, you'd like it...you might not like what the scoreboard says at the end of the game, but you'd surely like the facilities...the scoreboard might blast out a few verses of "Statesboro Blues", but only out of respect. GO GRIZ!!!

gus said:
I ain't scared! Pencil it in! Make sure its pencil though because we might be higher than #4. You grizzlies are always inviting people to missoula. thats very nice. So nice that i'll return the invitation. we come to missoula and deal with the "frozen tundra" :roll: but you have to come to statesboro to deal with the gnats and humidity.

Okay so you guys sellout washinton/griz stadium on the regular. I give you your respect for that. Like I said, I'm not scared though. Our team might have some adjusting to do but not much. The largest crowd ever to watch a football game in the state of GA was in 2000 when 86,000 + watched UGA vs GSU. We lost the game but gave a great showing against a bigger team, with more depth, and 22 more scholarships. the score was 29-7. That was Quincy Carters last year. But like I said, the invitation goes both ways. I don't know if you have ever been to Statesboro. We may not have the numbers of washington/griz but Paulson its no playground for visiting teams! The NCAA all division record for consecutive home wins belongs to....You guessed it:GSU. You can't say its because we don't play anyone. Our first and only home playoff lost was last year to Furman. Come give us a visit!

grizpack said:
Considering that Nooga is in GSU's back yard, I would hope you would have more fans there. Have the National Championship somewhere in the west and see how many GSU fans show up.

By the way, how many times did GSU's stadium sell out this year?

Let me count how many times Washington Grizzly sold out. Oh yeah, all of them.

Fact is, we have never sold out Paulson, but our top 10 all-time crowds are over 20,000 with two 20K+ crowds last year. How 'bout the Griz, have you ever had 20K show up at WA-Griz? Don't bother, I already know the answer is NO!

btw, we have played three NC games out west..... one in Pocatello and 2 in Tacoma, and yes we had plenty of fans(over 5K) for all three games. Only 8-9 thousand showed up total. That is why the NC games will never be played out west again.

ronbo said:
We'll make room for you.
Make room for GSU? :eek: Hahaha! You Griz have won exactly 1 NC in a row, 2 total! WOW! Did you not know that GSU wins them 2 at a time? Take a look back and learn something before you make yourself look foolish. We've won 2 in a row 3 times! Make room for GSU, please. :roll:

Grizomatic406 said:
Did you miss the part where Tony Moss said "If you know anything about Montana, is that they show up in big games..."?
Yeah, just like you did in 2000.

Grizomatic406 said:
with our Payton and Buchanan award winners
Buchanan winner? WHO? Josh Jefferies from App State is the front runner with GSU's Freddy P. right behind him. After Freddy's injury the coaches moved him to D End and he's been going OFF!

Grizomatic406 said:
You want your seat back???? Not gonna' happen...I think maybe we'll keep it for a year or two more. We've gotten used to the view, and we like it.
Soar on with your bad self Eagle fan. GO GRIZ!!!
If GSU and Montana face off in Nooga, the Griz are going down. Mark my words. Pssss.....little secret for ya.....we're young, real young. Chaz is a soph and Austin is a freshman. That's just our QB and Fullback. We're young, talented, and fast all over the field. If we win it this year we'll win 3 straight and then it'll be 9 NC's for GSU, 2 for Montanta. It would take almost a decade straight of Montana winning the NC to catch up to GSU. It's nice that you have high hopes though.

By the way GSU fans...Wlecome to eGriz!

thebaldone,
"How about the Griz, have you ever had 20k show up at Washington/Grizzly Stadium? There will be that many there Nov 23rd, and you can bet your house on that one, and at least half that outside the stadium.

HiflyinEagle,
Like ronbo says "we'll make room for you". All 6 of you that have the "sack" to make the trip. Per your quote..."look back and learn something...We've won 2 in a row 3 times". You guy's had some tremendously great and tough football teams then, (and you have a good one now that deserve nothing but respect), but that kind of talk is nothing but history, but if you want to talk about your history...what about the "Stower years"? No disrespect intended, but you sound an awful lot like a fan from Marshall that posts here on occasion. Good luck with the rest of your season. GO GRIZ!!!

Grizomatic406 said:
You guy's had some tremendously great and tough football teams then, (and you have a good one now that deserve nothing but respect), but that kind of talk is nothing but history, but if you want to talk about your history...
Actually, no, I want to talk about now. No history involved. Lets talk now. GSU has the #1 O in the LAND! I saw what that other weak option team did to the Griz and ever since I haven't been real impressed with Montana. In fact I've been chomping at the bit to face off against the Griz in Nooga, ONE MORE TIME!

Don't even get me started about our D! The Griz are in trouble if they face the Eagles. Mark my words! History? GSU is making history! Pull out your note pad and take LOTS of notes! It's something you should be good at by now. :D

HiFlyinEagle,
You want to talk about now? Let's do...#1 0 in the country? Why didn't you mention your highly touted defense? So young and strong...come on...even though I have a modicum of knowledge of football and it's history at this, or any level for that matter, and you clearly beat me on that one. I would love to have the football knowledge and history that you do, but I don't, and I'll deal with it ...but if you guys are so strong in all aspects of the game, why aren't you rated #1...why isn't every statement out of Tony Moss and Otto Fad's mouth "GSU just can't be beat?"

Let's compare records....What's your's? We seem to be UNDEFEATED, are you? I know, I know...what teams have we played? Only the bottom feeder's, right? Like what team in the BSC could EVER beat a team from the So Conf? You don't get to the "Big Dance" by being lucky or playing lessor teams, some football skills are required somewhere along the way.

I admire the support you have for GSU, all Griz fans have just as much if not more for their team. Henry Kissinger might have said it best..." The desire of one power for absolute security means absolute insecurity for all others." Believe me when I say, the Griz want to see the Eagles in Chattanooga as much as you want to see us, and there will be nothing about insecurity in the game the Griz present to you. Good luck to you and GO GRIZ!!!

Grizomatic406 said:
HiFlyinEagle,
Why didn't you mention your highly touted defense?
Well since you asked....

GSU scoring D #9 Montana scoring D #28
GSU total D #28 Montana total D #36

BTW,
GSU total O #1 Montana total O #20

Grizomatic406 said:
Let's compare records....What's your's? We seem to be UNDEFEATED, are you?
Your undefeated record this year is all you have on us. You can have it! GSU started off 1-2 and we matured more from those games than you can imagine. I think down the road those losses will only make us stronger as will the come from behind win against The Citadel. We have won 7 in a row and are currently 8-2. The Griz will get their 1 loss this year in the Championship. Our winning streak has just begun! ;)

Good luck Griz, until we meet again!

Back