• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Saturday's Uniforms

IHateRobPhenicie

DONOR
Anyone know why the Griz were wearing last year's away uniforms against UND? Wouldn't you think they got new white ones as well?

IHateRobPhenicie said:
Anyone know why the Griz were wearing last year's away uniforms against UND? Wouldn't you think they got new white ones as well?

Thought they looked pretty good on tv.....but was surprised at same time they came out

first11 said:
IHateRobPhenicie said:

Thought they looked pretty good on tv.....but was surprised at same time they came out

They looked great. Just assumed they would have gotten new white unis as well.

I always liked the white tops the last three seasons, but it seems strange they wouldn't get new ones to go with the new style of home jersey. I was surprised to see the same road tops too, but even more surprised to see those white pants re-emerge. Last time the Griz had those on was the 2010 loss at EWU. Guess there is no such thing as a jinx haha

While I was surprised at the old tops I was glad that they didn't come out in silver pants, I don't think the White/Silver shows up very good on TV. But the white on the Helmets looks great I really liked it when they did it for the Cat game a few years ago

DiNozzo13 said:
While I was surprised at the old tops I was glad that they didn't come out in silver pants, I don't think the White/Silver shows up very good on TV. But the white on the Helmets looks great I really liked it when they did it for the Cat game a few years ago
Agreed. :thumb:

Who in the world remembers which uniforms the Griz wore on such and such a game two years ago?!?! I don't remember what they wear from one game to the next. Well, to me anyway, it doesn't matter what uniforms they wear, so long as they play well and win!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but "fashion statements" as some of you call them are here to stay. Uniforms are as big a part of football as any other aspect now. AND, the biggest thing about the debate is, THE PLAYERS LOVE that kind of stuff and they're the ones that wear them and they're the ones that play in the actual games, so that's what matters. From high school to the NFL, uniforms MATTER to the players. They actually care about what they look like. Some fans might need to start warming up to that concept.

Havgriz, I understand the players' desire to "look good." And that's fine. There are some unis I like better than others, but my opinion is pretty irrelevant. My real question is, once again: how in the world do people remember what the Griz wore on a given date two years ago???

I'm with 68 on this also. I don't really care for the fashion show. I wanna see the Griz handing out ass kickings. I know lookin good is part of it and a big deal to the players but it don't matter to me.

I don't care much about the fashion statement either, but I would like to able to read the numbers. A little contrast in the gray on maroon jerseys would go a long way. Like white outline on the numbers; not difficult.

At least the Griz uniform pants don't look like warm ups like state college with bobcats down the side of their pants.

'68griz said:
Havgriz, I understand the players' desire to "look good." And that's fine. There are some unis I like better than others, but my opinion is pretty irrelevant. My real question is, once again: how in the world do people remember what the Griz wore on a given date two years ago???
How can you not remember those uniforms in that game two years ago? Maybe you just had to be there in the litterbox, witnessing that ass kicking, to remember those uniforms. Those were the coolest helmets the Griz have ever donned...

I think we ought to ask the producers of Project Runway to make designing a new uniform for the Grizzlies one of their challenges -- I think it would hysterical!! Have the players on the show as models . . . very fashion forward - :lol: :lol:

stubbins said:
'68griz said:
How can you not remember those uniforms in that game two years ago? Maybe you just had to be there in the litterbox, witnessing that ass kicking, to remember those uniforms. Those were the coolest helmets the Griz have ever donned...
They didn't wear that uniform set for Cat/Griz. The helmet and jersey were the same. Pants were not. They wore black for Cat/Griz. The all white is from the EWU game.

If you ever want to save some time:

EVERY UNIFORM THREAD EVER ON EGRIZ.COM:

Guy: "I liked/disliked the uniforms/helmets we wore on Saturday. What will we wear next?"
Old Guy: "I don't care if we wear pink/ugly uniforms as long as we win."
Guy: "I get it, but the players/fans really like new looks."
Young Guy: "All black would be sick."
Old Guy: "The play on the field should make the statement. Besides, black isn't even a school color."
Guy: "That reminds me, I think we should play a game in the old colors."
Old Guy 2: "Maroon and silver are the old colors [insert long historical discussion that mentions the PCC]."
Old Guy 3: "I just want to see the names/numbers."
Guy: "Ok, but I still liked/disliked the new uniforms/helmets."
Old Guy: "Ok."
Moderator: "I merged/should merge with the other uniform thread."

Willie said:
stubbins said:
'68griz said:
They didn't wear that uniform set for Cat/Griz. The helmet and jersey were the same. Pants were not. They wore black for Cat/Griz. The all white is from the EWU game.
Not that set...someone mentioned the white tips with silver pants and silver helmets with the white script...that's what 68 was referring to when asking about how anyone could remember, to which I was replying...

Back