• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Roster Changes from the Spring?

go96griz

I just did a comparison of last spring's official football roster vs. the updated fall roster listed on gogriz.com. The following names were listed on the spring roster but are currently not listed at gogriz.com:

Brett Kirschner
Sean Doherty
Brandon Maguire
Ryan Herrera
Jacob Elder
Brian Maus
Shawn Bradshaw
Joey Spoelstra
Curtis White

I assume the gogriz.com roster is updated... If so, I am shocked not to see Kirschner listed. Also surprised that White is not listed. Does anybody know if this is an oversight on the web site or are these players really gone? Thanks.

go96griz said:
I just did a comparison of last spring's official football roster vs. the updated fall roster listed on gogriz.com. The following names were listed on the spring roster but are currently not listed at gogriz.com:

Brett Kirschner
Sean Doherty
Brandon Maguire
Ryan Herrera
Jacob Elder
Brian Maus
Shawn Bradshaw
Joey Spoelstra
Curtis White

I assume the gogriz.com roster is updated... If so, I am shocked not to see Kirschner listed. Also surprised that White is not listed. Does anybody know if this is an oversight on the web site or are these players really gone? Thanks.
that's the first ive seen on kirschner, but the rest have been mentioned on here before.

How hard is it to post a complete roster with no errors? Grade school kids all over the country can do it but somehow GoGriz can't. If they want to give an impression of a big time successful program this is one area that needs BIG improvements made!

grizd said:
How hard is it to post a complete roster with no errors? Grade school kids all over the country can do it but somehow GoGriz can't. If they want to give an impression of a big time successful program this is one area that needs BIG improvements made!

Amen!

The GoGriz website has been a dumpster fire since it began.. the graphics are shit (you can see a ton of pixelation), the page displays improperly in Firefox.. plus, you know, information is rarely up-to-date. They hired a middle school class to build this, apparently.

It Guffey's responsibility. He is terrible about updating the roster, and if you call him out on it, he turns into a huge tool-bag. I learned about his tool-baggishness via an email with him.

go96griz said:

Brett Kirschner --- Cant guarantee, but I believe he is still on the team.
Sean Doherty----- He is done.
Brandon Maguire---- Not 100% sure, but has battles some injuries and quit before so he may have again.
Ryan Herrera---- Not sure.
Jacob Elder--- He is gone.
Brian Maus---- Hung it up. reported this in the spring.
Shawn Bradshaw--- Not sure.
Joey Spoelstra--- Who is he?
Curtis White--- Cant say, but I do know that he struggled in school last semester.

Thurman Murman said:
go96griz said:

Brett Kirschner --- Cant guarantee, but I believe he is still on the team.
Sean Doherty----- He is done.
Brandon Maguire---- Not 100% sure, but has battles some injuries and quit before so he may have again.
Ryan Herrera---- Not sure.
Jacob Elder--- He is gone.
Brian Maus---- Hung it up. reported this in the spring.
Shawn Bradshaw--- Not sure.
Joey Spoelstra--- Who is he?
Curtis White--- Cant say, but I do know that he struggled in school last semester.

Thanks for the info

Kirshner- Have not heard anything about him
Doherty- Was a walk-on for the last 2 years he is from Pennsylvania so gotta wonder if he moved back East or just didnt make the team we will find out next fall.
Maguire- Left UM to coach TE at a division 3 school in Oklahoma.
Herrera- Also a Walk-on dont know if he is still with the team or not
Elder- Have not heard if he is with team or not was buried in depth chart and probally will be even more burried with the incoming freshman (Nguyen, Favors and Morales)
Maus- Left team last year for reasons I dont know
Bradshaw- Wasnt he a senior last year??????????
Spoelstra I know he got hurt in the spring and it could have been a career ending injury?
White- Have heard he struggled with grades and to qualify academically and heard he has had problems with his shoulder again.

grizfan1984 said:
Kirshner- Have not heard anything about him
Doherty- Was a walk-on for the last 2 years he is from Pennsylvania so gotta wonder if he moved back East or just didnt make the team we will find out next fall.
Maguire- Left UM to coach TE at a division 3 school in Oklahoma.
Herrera- Also a Walk-on dont know if he is still with the team or not
Elder- Have not heard if he is with team or not was buried in depth chart and probally will be even more burried with the incoming freshman (Nguyen, Favors and Morales)
Maus- Left team last year for reasons I dont know
Bradshaw- Wasnt he a senior last year??????????
Spoelstra I know he got hurt in the spring and it could have been a career ending injury?
White- Have heard he struggled with grades and to qualify academically and heard he has had problems with his shoulder again.
kirschner was also injured in the spring. not sure if it was career ending.

I would think UM would be shopping for TEs now if White or Spoelstra weren't going to be in fall camp. Hard to run pro-style sets without TEs.

griz4life said:
I would think UM would be shopping for TEs now if White or Spoelstra weren't going to be in fall camp. Hard to run pro-style sets without TEs.
This is my biggest concern on either side of the ball.

Maynardsgametrail said:
It Guffey's responsibility. He is terrible about updating the roster, and if you call him out on it, he turns into a huge tool-bag. I learned about his tool-baggishness via an email with him.
Same here. Thought he was launched. They could do better with someone random off the street.

GoGriz.com is a huge downgrade from MontanaGrizllies.com; the guy from the libarary did a fine job.

Bradshaw wasn't a senior last year, he was a walk-on fighting for a roster spot, might have been cut or might still be on the team but the roster just hasn't been updated.

Elder left the team halfway through spring ball for personal reasons. I bumped into him and we talked a bit, not sure his plans moving forward - he might just be focusing most on being a student and putting football aside.

Maguire had season/career ending surgery

Latest posts

Back