• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Rosenbach

grizalum97

Can someone please fill me in, who is Rosenbach? I keep hearing his name tossed around as potential OC. Thanks!

I don't have any quick links to info but just off the top of my head, he played QB at Washington St., we was a very good QB in college then he got drafted by the AZ Cardinals and didn't live up to expectations but then again who does that plays for the Cardinals? Anyway after a few years in the NFL he went into the coaching ranks and is the OC at EWU now and we all know how well he put together a game plan against our D this year.

Here you go:

Timm Rosenbach
Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks
3rd Season

Like he did as a player, Timm Rosenbach made a huge impact on offense during the 2001 football season.

In his first season as Eastern’s offensive coordinator, Rosenbach helped head coach Paul Wulff re-vamp the Eagle offense. They directed an experienced and talented unit to a record-breaking season as the Eagles led NCAA Division I-AA in total offense with an average of 514.5 yards per game and scoring with an average of 41.9 points per game. The squad had nine players honored on the All-Big Sky Conference team, including first team All-Americans Jesse Chatman and Chris Polinder and three other honorable mention All-Americans.

Rosenbach played quarterback for the Washington State University Cougars from 1986-88. Along with Wulff at center, he helped WSU to a 9-3 record and a 24-22 Aloha Bowl victory over Houston following his junior season in 1988.

He passed for 3,097 yards and 24 touchdowns in 1988, and then had 306 yards in the Aloha Bowl win. His 162.0 passing efficiency rating that season led all of NCAA Division I. As a sophomore, he passed for 2,446 yards and 11 touchdowns. He was the second pick in the 1989 supplemental NFL draft and finished seventh in the balloting for the Heisman Trophy.

Rosenbach went on to play in the NFL for Phoenix (now Arizona) from 1989-92. He also played for Hamilton in the Canadian Football League in 1994. Rosenbach earned the starting job in Arizona in 1990 by throwing for 3,098 yards, but he missed the entire 1991 season with a knee injury. A ruptured disk in his back ended his playing career after he had signed a contract to play for the New Orleans Saints in 1995.

He spent the 1999 season at St. Ambrose University in Iowa as an assistant. He came to Eastern when Wulff was named head coach, and spent the 2000 season as a restricted duties coach working with Eagle quarterbacks.

Rosenbach was born on Oct. 27, 1966.

Go Griz!

Also, Timm's dad Lynn (spelling?) was an assistant coach under Larry Donovan at Montana in the early 80's. He came here at the same time as Joe Glenn. If I remember correctly, Lynn was the OC. I remember seeing Timm tossing the ball around at practices. I think Timm might have even played a year of highschool ball in Missoula (Hellgate?).

Tim was around at least until he was 15. I played baseball against him.
He was a good catcher with a great arm. I cant remember if he pitched against us or not. either way, i stole second and third on him and i was a year younger and small(but fast) for my age.
But in fairness when it comes to stealing bases it mostly depends on the pitcher. It still made him slightly miffed and impressed.
He was indeed a good baseball player and what i liked was that he was also a good sport despite being one of the best players in that league.

Latest posts

Back