• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

riley bradshaw

citygriz

i've been pretty blase about him, mostly because i assumed he just didn't cut it at utah state. but when i watched his videos last night, a comparison came immediately to mind--stephan curry. curry can handle, and he's got a quick deadeye release on his shot, and i see both these traits in bradshaw's game. that he arrives second semester as a freshman means he and dunn will be paired for four years. doesn't hurt too to have a prominent montana player on the roser. this is a much bigger addition to our program than i realized.

Well said Citay. I think most Montana kids don't get much credit, until they have proven it. People find it hard to believe the state actually can produce some very good Div 1 ball players. Offensively, he might be our 2nd or 3rd most complete backcourt scorer, depending on how you classify Jamar. I consider Jamar a guard more than a forward. He has the ball in his hands as often as anyone and creates for his teammates. However, has a great post up game when asked to do it. Gregory has a sweet perimeter shot, and as the year progressed, he showed more consistency getting to the paint. I really am not sure how good of a passer he is yet. I give a slight edge to Riley for creating for his teammates.

Bradshaw is a good perimeter shooter, ball handler, passer, and most importantly, he has natural basketball instincts. Defensively, I really don't know if we know his defensive potential. He really has not been asked to show it as much, to this point in his career. I do know he is tough, and a good help defender. It will be interesting to see how he develops as a one on one perimeter defender. I would like to see Riley push himself to compete with Gregory defensively.

I too feel Riley will be a very good GRIZ, just not sure how much he can contribute this year. Gregory and Jamar are the best returning players. Deshields and Dunn are a very good twosome at PG, at both ends of the court. Also Henderson is a great athlete and shut down defender. Riley is capable of being a major contributor this coming season. The question is, can Wayne find time for all these guys, assuming they are all back?

citay said:
i've been pretty blase about him, mostly because i assumed he just didn't cut it at utah state. but when i watched his videos last night, a comparison came immediately to mind--stephan curry. curry can handle, and he's got a quick deadeye release on his shot, and i see both these traits in bradshaw's game. that he arrives second semester as a freshman means he and dunn will be paired for four years. doesn't hurt too to have a prominent montana player on the roser. this is a much bigger addition to our program than i realized.

Citay, any updates on your CA boy, Dunn? It be great if you can see him play some summer ball against some of the pros or high level college guys in CA. I am really excited about Dunn.

mtgrizrule said:
citay said:

Citay, any updates on your CA boy, Dunn? It be great if you can see him play some summer ball against some of the pros or high level college guys in CA. I am really excited about Dunn.

rule: the pro-am league down here goes off every june and july. the rosters for this year's league won't be announced until "sometime in june" so i don't know if dunn or cherry will be participating.

the games are played in kezar pavilion, a ratty dumpy 30's era gym that seats maybe 1000. the league is way underfunded and poorly organized, yet it's this funkiness that gives it its charm. you never know who is going to show up (certainly not defense) but over the years i've seen a lot of stars who dropped in--jason kidd, tim hardaway, mitch richmond. last year, will cherry and frank otis from weber were listed on the rosters, but i'm not sure will played down here. he might this year. but i'd be surprised to see a damien lilliard. there's just too much money at stake these days to risk an injury in a league like this.

they also have a women's division, and that's where i first got to see joslyn tinkle play, the summer before she entered stanford. there were a couple other stanford recruits on her team, but she was the best, by far. my gosh--was that four years ago? time be flyin'.

BDizzle said:
So where are the videos on Bradshaw? Youtube?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDe06IbIE_o" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAl0JJKgSqA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Proud Griz Man said:
BDizzle said:
So where are the videos on Bradshaw? Youtube?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDe06IbIE_o" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAl0JJKgSqA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mthQduCGJMI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I really do wish player highlights would show some defensive plays.

Offensively, here is what I like of Riley.
(1) He does create for his teammates.
(2) Very good passer.
(3) Ready to shoot and very confident. He does not hesitate. Better yet, he squares up his shot well. Every shot is the way one is coached to shoot. I love the fact that he goes straight up, and or forward with his perimeter shots. That is a good sign of a very consistent shooter that can be relied on.
(4) He protects the ball well in traffic, solid strength, and makes great decisions.
(5) Very calm on the court, and lets the game come to him. (A lot of Gregory in his mentality).
(6) Good overall offensive game.

2 things I am not sure of and question some.
(1) What is his defensive potential? (those videos showed nothing, which is not his fault)
(2) How good of a dribbler is he? He has nice stutter steps and creates space well. Nothing on those videos showed if he is capable of breaking down a defense with great pressure from great defenders.

I do see him more of 2 guard than PG. I expect him to be a rotational contributor this season. I see his role and stats increasing as he gets experience. I see him being a major piece of the puzzle after Jordan Gregory graduates.

I am pretty optimistic on Riley Bradshaw having a great GRIZ career. :thumb:

citay said:
mtgrizrule said:
citay said:

rule: the pro-am league down here goes off every june and july. the rosters for this year's league won't be announced until "sometime in june" so i don't know if dunn or cherry will be participating.

the games are played in kezar pavilion, a ratty dumpy 30's era gym that seats maybe 1000. the league is way underfunded and poorly organized, yet it's this funkiness that gives it its charm. you never know who is going to show up (certainly not defense) but over the years i've seen a lot of stars who dropped in--jason kidd, tim hardaway, mitch richmond. last year, will cherry and frank otis from weber were listed on the rosters, but i'm not sure will played down here. he might this year. but i'd be surprised to see a damien lilliard. there's just too much money at stake these days to risk an injury in a league like this.

they also have a women's division, and that's where i first got to see joslyn tinkle play, the summer before she entered stanford. there were a couple other stanford recruits on her team, but she was the best, by far. my gosh--was that four years ago? time be flyin'.

they just posted the rosters, and mario dunn is not listed. will cherry and josh heustis are.

citay said:
citay said:
mtgrizrule said:
citay said:

they just posted the rosters, and mario dunn is not listed. will cherry and josh heustis are.

I hope Cherry shows well. I really am pulling for him. As for Dunn, I am guessing he might be in Missoula for the summer to get a head start on his Freshman year. I look forward to any updates on him.

Back