• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Rewatch the game!

JayLarson

I am rewatching the game and I am not even through the first quarter, and boy, did we have our chances in this game, first drive a pass that Jones should have scored on he does not catch and the throw was maybe 6 inches off and we end up with 3. Hermy should have had a pick, he does not get it and they end up scoring on third and 3. Second Griz drive, we spread out EWU again on this drive and end up across midfield, when we would have been stuck with a 3rd and 3, the refs call a phantom illegal block call and it ends up 3rd and 20, JJ has to roll out is sacked and we punt. Third drive started in EWU territory after the D forced a 3 and out and Griz score to go up 10-7, could have easily been up 17-0 at this point making it a much different game. Can't blame our coaches here! I am not going to break this down any more, we had our chances to win. Now lets go win the rest of the regular season games!!

JayLarson said:
I am rewatching the game and I am not even through the first quarter, and boy, did we have our chances in this game, first drive a pass that Jones should have scored on he does not catch and the throw was maybe 6 inches off and we end up with 3. Hermy should have had a pick, he does not get it and they end up scoring on third and 3. Second Griz drive, we spread out EWU again on this drive and end up across midfield, when we would have been stuck with a 3rd and 3, the refs call a phantom illegal block call and it ends up 3rd and 20, JJ has to roll out is sacked and we punt. Third drive started in EWU territory after the D forced a 3 and out and Griz score to go up 10-7, could have easily been up 17-0 at this point making it a much different game. Can't blame our coaches here! I am not going to break this down any more, we had our chances to win. Now lets go win the rest of the regular season games!!

Well said Jay, well said. :thumb:

Jay~ I don't want to re-watch for some reason...how about the illegal hands to face call? I assume that was correct as no complaining on here or maybe I just missed it. :shock:

granitegriz said:
Jay~ I don't want to re-watch for some reason...how about the illegal hands to face call? I assume that was correct as no complaining on here or maybe I just missed it. :shock:

It looked legit to me on the replay, you could clearly see the defender's facemask being pushed upward.

granitegriz said:

yeah.. That would have made it 24-28

granitegriz said:

That call was legit. No doubt...absolute worst timing in the WORLD...

Ok, enough with the penalty. How about the fumble inside our own 20 after taking the lead. How about getting NO points off two different INT's returned to their side of the feild including one down to their 30. How about giving up an 80 yrd+ TD late in the 1st half. How about the secondary deciding not to tackle in the biggest game of the year, including missing 6 on one 52 yrd TD. Just a couple other things WE did to lose the game.

alabamagrizzly said:
Ok, enough with the penalty. How about the fumble inside our own 20 after taking the lead. How about getting NO points off two different INT's returned to their side of the feild including one down to their 30. How about giving up an 80 yrd+ TD late in the 1st half. How about the secondary deciding not to tackle in the biggest game of the year, including missing 6 on one 52 yrd TD. Just a couple other things WE did to lose the game.

And still only lost by 5. :lol: :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Once we start firing on all cylinders, look out! We've seen how good we are in previous years when we click, and I hope we see that starting on Saturday! :thumb:

AZGrizFan said:
alabamagrizzly said:

THIS!

I'm really glad this thread came up. I was tryin to point some of these things out after the game but there was to many angry fuckers on here and it was a waste of time to keep posting Saturday evening.

Coulda, shoulda, woulda... Every team win or lose can point to plays that impacted the outcome. I watched the game as well and found numerous times where the Beagles could have done more damage but didn't due to bad calls, inopportune calls, dropped passes, dropped interceptions, missed tackles and such. The bottom line is they kicked our ass. It was only close because the Beagles put it on auto pilot the entire 4th quarter running the clock down. It was like a boa constrictor in that entire 4th Q. The outcome was already decided by the end of the 3rd Q, we just simply fought for our life but eventually ran out of time/oxygen. Being down 4 scores is next to impossible to overcome and EWU knew it and simply ground it out. Always next year vs. them, but hopefully we meet them in the play-offs though I fear we would simply be 1-4 over the last four years to them. They are the better program... right now.

How do you figure they put it on cruise control? They were trying to run up as many points as they could, our defense grabbed a couple of INTs when you saying they were on cruise. Our boys came back, because we are just as good a team as Eastern!

Griz Voice of Reason said:
Coulda, shoulda, woulda... Every team win or lose can point to plays that impacted the outcome. I watched the game as well and found numerous times where the Beagles could have done more damage but didn't due to bad calls, inopportune calls, dropped passes, dropped interceptions, missed tackles and such. The bottom line is they kicked our ass. It was only close because the Beagles put it on auto pilot the entire 4th quarter running the clock down. It was like a boa constrictor in that entire 4th Q. The outcome was already decided by the end of the 3rd Q, we just simply fought for our life but eventually ran out of time/oxygen. Being down 4 scores is next to impossible to overcome and EWU knew it and simply ground it out. Always next year vs. them, but hopefully we meet them in the play-offs though I fear we would simply be 1-4 over the last four years to them. They are the better program... right now.
I can't say I agree with ya. When the Griz put another TD up that was called back, nothing on their D changed. I think the momentum was rolling for the Griz O and the D was doing what they could. The way VA was talking and the way the they were tryin to run up the score (42-17) but couldn't pull ahead any further. They *shoulda, coulda, woulda* won the game.... But a killer penalty happened. It don't matter tho cuz the Griz could likely see them again in the upcoming weeks.

BS. They stopped trying to score. Look at their run attempts in the 4th compared to the entire rest of game. They were running clock. Every pass attempt was short yardage. Not a single long pass attempt. They were only passing for first downs to run clock. Every play was run with Adams looking at the clock and only turning to run the play with 8 seconds to go. The EWU defense went to a prevent and offense to more run oriented. It was two different games. We lost the first 3 quarters and won the 4th.

granitegriz said:

This call occurred when Oiland got his thumb in the defender's facemask during normal pass blocking. Unlucky and unfortunate.

Griz Voice of Reason said:
BS. They stopped trying to score. Look at their run attempts in the 4th compared to the entire rest of game. They were running clock. Every pass attempt was short yardage. Not a single long pass attempt. They were only passing for first downs to run clock. Every play was run with Adams looking at the clock and only turning to run the play with 8 seconds to go. The EWU defense went to a prevent and offense to more run oriented. It was two different games. We lost the first 3 quarters and won the 4th.

BS on you. EWU had 3 rushing attempts by a rb in the entire 4th quarter. This included the 4 real drives, as well as the 5th kneel down series. This was fewer than EWU's average rushing attempt in the first 3 quarters. If you think 3 rushing attempts in 5 drives is a run-oriented offense, then you don't have a clue.

Back