• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Remember the Kid from Huntley Who Had His Leg Amputated?

grizpack

eGriz Club
DONOR
Not Grizzly related, but a very cool story. Wish the kid the very best!!

http://billingsgazette.com/sports/high-school/football/dole-rushes-for-touchdowns-as-project-thumps-joliet/article_5a1f7f44-9813-59b3-ad5b-b65cbebc0dae.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

OldtiredGRiz said:
Very cool indeed; can't say enough about that kid's dedication and courage.

This kid has some serious heart and cojones. Awesome and I will get to watch him play this year. Looking forward to it. I also heard he is walking on for he cats. Best of luck to him. The community has really supported this kid as well. One hell of a sports town.

I remember in the eighties Huntley Project had a wrestler with one arm. First time I saw him I thought it was pathetic until I seen him whip someones ass. He was a tough hombre and knew how to actually take advantage of wrestling without an arm, it's a difficult adjustment for the other wrestler to make. This kid with the missing leg sounds tough as well. Good for him.

Project kids are pretty tough, farm/ranch kids and wanna be ranchers' kids. For a long time they were coached by a Griz alum, Bob Turnquist, a place kicker for the Griz in the early 70's.

KTVQ reported they were giving video feeds of Koni playing to most major networks. I suspect we will see this a lot the next few days.

Back