• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Random Thoughts On Saturday's Game

cclarkblues

Staff member
DONOR
Has there ever been a nicer night for football? Hardly any smoke, unlike Monday, perfect temperature, the good Lord did it up right for a big game. Also a great afternoon for showing my wife and daughter the campus.
Great folks in the NEZ. My wife and daughter had never been to a game before and they ended up screaming like the veterans that were all around us. They kids must have been having fun - they only made 7 or 8 trips to the concession stands.
Love seeing the band prancing down the street - gets the blood stirring.
My shoulder still kind of hurts from so many "First Down, Montanas!"
The people of Missoula seemed to be more polite and nicer than many in Billings.
The SEALS were amazing. Liked how they hang way up in the air and are able to drop like a freakin' falcon only to level out at the last second. That field has to look pretty small from way up there. Hope they don't decide to raid the Clark Compound some day.
Loved the fireworks before the game, after the game - a little disappointing.

We were so tired when we arrived that we didn't even try to get a beer or hit the tailgates. Once in the stadium though, Griz nation energized us and we forgot the fatigue, at least till on the way to the motel.

Brovio Korchinski said:
My random thoughts are that the Griz look like a top 5 team nationally. Anyone agree or disagree?
If they can shut down UND like they shut down ASU, I'm a believer, but until then I'm saying #13 is about right.

cclarkblues said:
Has there ever been a nicer night for football? Hardly any smoke, unlike Monday, perfect temperature, the good Lord did it up right for a big game. Also a great afternoon for showing my wife and daughter the campus.
Great folks in the NEZ. My wife and daughter had never been to a game before and they ended up screaming like the veterans that were all around us. They kids must have been having fun - they only made 7 or 8 trips to the concession stands.
Love seeing the band prancing down the street - gets the blood stirring.
My shoulder still kind of hurts from so many "First Down, Montanas!"
The people of Missoula seemed to be more polite and nicer than many in Billings.
The SEALS were amazing. Liked how they hang way up in the air and are able to drop like a freakin' falcon only to level out at the last second. That field has to look pretty small from way up there. Hope they don't decide to raid the Clark Compound some day.
Loved the fireworks before the game, after the game - a little disappointing.

We were so tired when we arrived that we didn't even try to get a beer or hit the tailgates. Once in the stadium though, Griz nation energized us and we forgot the fatigue, at least till on the way to the motel.

My family has a saying regarding Griz game time weather, "God is a Grizzly". There has been so many occurrences of not so good weather becoming really nice on game day it is hard to count. This past week-end is another example. Terrible smoke conditions for a week plus before game time. A day before game we get a nice rain and game day is beautiful!
It was a chamber of commerce day in Missoula again for the Griz game experience.
Go Griz! :clap:

uofmman1122 said:
Brovio Korchinski said:
My random thoughts are that the Griz look like a top 5 team nationally. Anyone agree or disagree?
If they can shut down UND like they shut down ASU, I'm a believer, but until then I'm saying #13 is about right.
I agree with that. We don't know if App State is bad or the Griz were that good. After all, UM has handed them a loss 3 out of 4 times and App has not won a game ever traveling West of the Mississippi. UND will be a better gauge by far.

GrizLA said:
uofmman1122 said:
Brovio Korchinski said:
I agree with that. We don't know if App State is bad or the Griz were that good. After all, UM has handed them a loss 3 out of 4 times and App has not won a game ever traveling West of the Mississippi. UND will be a better gauge by far.

Interesting philosophy from you two. So you're thinking UND, late of the D-II league, will be a better test for us than App State? :shock:

AZGrizFan said:
GrizLA said:
uofmman1122 said:
Brovio Korchinski said:

Interesting philosophy from you two. So you're thinking UND, late of the D-II league, will be a better test for us than App State? :shock:

+1

App > UND

AZGrizFan said:
GrizLA said:
uofmman1122 said:
Brovio Korchinski said:

I think UND being a road game makes them a decent test, but I have to agree AZ. UND is no App State. We had a chance to beat both teams last year and the passing numbers UnD managed to put up on us were ridiculous. I pray that does not happen this year, but the Griz are a different team and so is UND. I think a convincing win helps us move in the rankings
slightly and opponents may seriously start to worry that the Griz are back.

Latest posts

Back